Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teh Orange Box

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Shoelip

Arbiter
Um, guys, all your quotes of him are the only unmarked spoilers now. :roll:

Anyway, I personally loved Ep2, though thebegining wasn't so great.

I also liked the little humorous skits they distributed throughout the game for you to find. I personally like Alyx, though I think she said, "Oh thank god your ok Gordon!" a bit too much. Actually, the only really annoying NPC was Magnuson, and that was intentional. The Hunters are great.

Portal is funny, creative, and a hell of allot of fun to play. Not much else to say.

TF2 is also a hell of allot of fun, and one of the few games where teamwork truly is essential. Also, the graphics and sound are fantastic.

The_Pope

Scholar
Hazelnut said:
TF2 is great - I've been playing it non-stop for 4-5 weeks, and I've never been much of a fan on team based online shooters. Mainly because teamwork is so rare, which is why I like TF2.. the classes are so distinct and a completely different experience. A Team using teamwork (and voice chat!!) will almost always beast a team of better individual players who don't. (within reason)

So many people play that either don't have mic's or don't talk. I always hop around until I get a game where 40%+ have voice. That's what I enjoy, not trying to show off my own (non-existent) 1337 skillz. :roll:

I do remember one game where no-one on my team had said anything for the first 2-3 mins after I'd joined... so I said "Talkative lot aren't ya... anyone else got a mic"

Received more than one "Yes, but we're trying to concentrate" (implied: so could you shut up) :lol: I couldn't believe it... no team comms because they were 'concentrating'!!

The one time I got a talkative team, the talk rapidly turned to how easy the repeated 1 minute wins/complete shutouts were. It seems to take two players to get it started, though. Otherwise it sounds like one guy trying to boss everyone else around and/or use the game as an IRC channel.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Matt7895 said:
What do you all make of it?

I do not own the Orange Box, but I did buy Episode Two from Steam. Finished it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the level design was excellent and I can't think of a dull moment at this moment in time. I'm replaying it again with the commentary right now. It lasted a little longer for me than Episode One, and I think my money was well spent. I got use to it, but the only thing I didn't like at first was the new voices for the Vortigaunts.

***Episode Two Spoilers: Do not read until you have finished the game***
I'm sure I've been paying attention, but if Alyx was rescued from Black Mesa by the Gman because she is so important, why doesn't he put her into stasis after the explosion at the end of Half Life 2? Did he know the Vortigaunt's would save her? Or have I missed something?
***End of Spoilers***

Lurkar

Scholar
Jedi_Learner said:
Matt7895 said:
What do you all make of it?

I do not own the Orange Box, but I did buy Episode Two from Steam. Finished it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought the level design was excellent and I can't think of a dull moment at this moment in time. I'm replaying it again with the commentary right now. It lasted a little longer for me than Episode One, and I think my money was well spent. I got use to it, but the only thing I didn't like at first was the new voices for the Vortigaunts.

***Episode Two Spoilers: Do not read until you have finished the game***
I'm sure I've been paying attention, but if Alyx was rescued from Black Mesa by the Gman because she is so important, why doesn't he put her into stasis after the explosion at the end of Half Life 2? Did he know the Vortigaunt's would save her? Or have I missed something?
***End of Spoilers***

More spoilers, blah blah blah.

He didn't intend for Gordon to continue fighting against the Combine, so Alex was no longer needed. She was there to give Gordan a bigger advantage. When the Vort's prevented him from taking Gordan away, he has apparently decided to play along and let Gordan continue being the hero, but that also means keeping Alyx around to insure his investment doesn't get damaged.

MetalCraze

Arcane
the only question that bothers me is who the hell is G-Man?
As for all other characters in the game - even if they die I wouldn't care. Actually I hope that Alyx bitch will finally die. I just hope it won't be one of them hollywood deaths with special effects all over the screen.

So I think Valve can feed us the same thing as long as it sells, they can give us any retarded story-line because of G-Man...

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
skyway said:
the only question that bothers me is who the hell is G-Man?
As for all other characters in the game - even if they die I wouldn't care. Actually I hope that Alyx bitch will finally die. I just hope it won't be one of them hollywood deaths with special effects all over the screen.

So I think Valve can feed us the same thing as long as it sells, they can give us any retarded story-line because of G-Man...

They didn't decided yet who is g-man. I can give you 95% that it'll turns out to something very stupid in the end...
Like... the end of show Twin Pix..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom