Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Twitch Stream

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How many did they manage to entice?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many did they manage to entice?

I'm not familiar with the real names of IE modders, but check out this list of "amazing contributors" in the BG:EE credits: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/credits

Our Amazing Contributors Andrea Colombo, Dee Pennyway (I heard a rumor...), Jalily, Jeff Smyth (Balquo),Daniel Sanderson (Boaster), Omar Majid, Liam Esler (K'aeloree),Vincent Meliouh, Stephan Martins Claudino da Rosa (StephanMartins),Steve Catarino (Tanthalas), Kat Bella (Theacefes), Raphael Wong (Ascension64),Brian Miller (Bhryaen), Robert Rath (Galactygon), Lionel Bayle-Denise (La Voix),Mark Garrigus, Giuseppe Calì (Aedan), Robert Hull, Lorne Ledger (Cuvieronius),Giovanni Spinelli (Akerhon), Aleksandar Tomovic (aVENGER),Pete Camagna (CamDawg), Cédric Bakari, Stephen Vowles (Cmorgan),André Slupik (Zeckul), Inthel, Trevor Borg (Miloch), Adam Rambousek (Christof),David Pascaud (Graoumf), Tobias Lehmberg, Rodolphe Gilliot, James Berg,David Muellenborn, Maciej Kalinowski (Viader), David Wallace,Marie-Violaine Polonowski (Calawen), Alvaro Lamarche (Toloza-Kukaracha),Fred Richardson (Fred), László Tóth (Avenger_TeamBG), Tomi Lovric,René Mumme, Silvin Leroy (Aerynn), Alan Watson (Ajwz), Maciej Wojcik,Jason Compton, Edson Belo de Oliveira Júnior (Nasher), Peter Holda (Alu),Donald Poort, Lisa Savignano (LadyRhian), Manuel Montosi,Joshua Graham (El Ahorcado), Eric Van Honacker (Oldschool), Manuel Kracht,Davide Perrino, Małgorzata Oleszczuk (Aerith), Jiaxin Ma (Sir WH), Jessy Shen,Matteo Rizzuto, Deniz Edward Hooper (Shinorus), Dai Griffiths (Yovaneth),Yujiro Tani (VAN), Douglas Wagner (Illydth), Shandyr, Immortality,Mosi Konfidan (Elothran), Michal Goszczyński (Drian_Thierf), Gou Endou,Toyofumi Morita, Norimichi Tanaka (Norilm), Mieko Fukushima, Dusty Erker,Nicholas M. Cook (KaiserWolff), Samara Drewe, Pedro Tonda Monfillo,Davide Pianforini (Ivanhoe), Fan Zhang (Freedomourne),Mark Biswas (FuzzyPuffin), Paul Groves (Oxford_Guy),Marcelo Esteves (Mlnevese), Justin Proudman (ChurchOfBoo), Thomas Mook,Michael Natale, Alex Boitsau, Greg Scott (CoM_Solaufein),Anders Svensson (Hook71), Nifft, Christopher Ethier (Tresset), Tilly Underwood,Andrew Beale (Anduin), Gaëtan Landry (Headbomb), Sofia Favro (Sophia),Claudio Merlo (Metalloman), Petr Havliček (Pecca), Alexander Heddini (Shin),K. Marshall, Christophe Marchi

You can click the names to see which one were hired. Seems they had minor roles on the BG:EEs and some were promoted for IWD:EE, where they became more visibile.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Meh.

My guess is, most of those people were ex-modders, were contacted by email and were asked if Beamdog could use their work in the EE games. They said 'yes' and found themselves in that section. Most of them never actually worked for Beamdog is what I'm guessing. And their work may have never even been included in the end.

Although wasn't aVenger heavily involved? Yet he's in this section too. Strange.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh.

My guess is, most of those people were ex-modders, were contacted by email and were asked if Beamdog could use their work in the EE games. They said 'yes' and found themselves in that section. Most of them never actually worked for Beamdog is what I'm guessing. And their work may have never even been included in the end.

Yes, what I mean is, some were hired and did actual work, and the others are only in this "Amazing Contributors" section.

Although wasn't aVenger heavily involved? Yet he's in this section too. Strange.

Avenger is a Beamdog employee, but Mobygames fucked up and gave him two different entries: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,586259/

Last edited:

Electryon

Savant
I keep hearing this beamdog propaganda about modders

The fact that you're referring to anything a relatively small studio like Beamdog does as "propaganda" is a little over the top, no?? Jesus, they made some Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate that had alot of bugs at release (they've almost all been fixed btw). No one is forcing you to buy them. You can still get the originals on GOG for half the price (or as low as $2 multiple times a year) and mod them however you see fit. Doesn't change the fact that they successfully brought the game to tablets and that the EEs save about 30 minutes to an hour of what would be mandatory modding on installation of the older versions of the game. You'd think Beamdog dropped them as unplayable disasters and never touched them again when you hear detractors talk about it. And each patch has made improvements in all the games, and the new game will benefit from the bug elimination that has been done over the past few years, and BG1 and BG2 will likely get a patch before Siege is released.

I mean, by all means, ignore Siege of Dragonspear and stick to the original versions of the games. But spare us the nonsense that Beamdog is somehow tainting the great RPG-legacy of Baldur's Gate. If anything they revived the damn things for a whole new generation of players.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
> asks his interlocutor to shut up and not write his opinion on beamdog's cashgrabs
> implies that he speaks for everyone here
> implies that "bringing BG to tablets" is somehow a good thing
> implies the inbreds with tablets are a "new generation of players"
> "detractors like yourself"
> "no one is forcing you to buy" excuse
> "saves you 30 minutes of modding"... I can't install 90% of the mods on EE. It saves me 30 minutes of modding by being incompatible with mods.
> ugly fonts, blurry ugly interface, horrible cinematics, cringe-worthy new content not mentioned

Well... You tried.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What is up with the interface anyway, why do they have such trouble making at the very least a decent looking background image?

> asks his interlocutor to shut up and not write his opinion on beamdog's cashgrabs
> implies that he speaks for everyone here
> implies that "bringing BG to tablets" is somehow a good thing
> implies the inbreds with tablets are a "new generation of players"
> "detractors like yourself"
> "no one is forcing you to buy" excuse
> "saves you 30 minutes of modding"... I can't install 90% of the mods on EE. It saves me 30 minutes of modding by being incompatible with mods.
> ugly fonts, blurry ugly interface, horrible cinematics, cringe-worthy new content not mentioned

Well... You tried.
I play bg2 on my ipad mini when stuck in train/subway. Whats wrong with that faggot? I wish i could play original fallouts/arcanum/might&magic games that way.

But hey fuck beamdog for letting us play old classics the way we want

Electryon

Savant
"saves you 30 minutes of modding"... I can't install 90% of the mods on EE. It saves me 30 minutes of modding by being incompatible with mods.

What mods are you referring to exactly?? NPC mods that haven't been updated since the end of the Clinton administration?? 90% of them?? That's laughable....the NPC Project from BG1 works perfectly. Ascension is working now as well. SCS....Unfinished Business for both games....the vast majority of NPC mods (and if you are complaining about Beamdog's NPCs being cringeworthy I can't imagine why the fuck you would be installing any of these in the first place).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have to say this looks cool, Trent is a cashgrab artist and seeing PoE selling almost half a million copies must have tickeled his brain that if even 20% of those costumers buy his new Baldurs Gate game Beamdog is pretty much set to do a proper Baldurs Gate 3
Cant say I like the reasons but I do like the results so far, getting the original actors and all
Seems like the new Star Wars approach; bring the whole old gang and see the money roll in... Trent will probably see my money

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have to say this looks cool, Trent is a cashgrab artist and seeing PoE selling almost half a million copies must have tickeled his brain that if even 20% of those costumers buy his new Baldurs Gate game Beamdog is pretty much set to do a proper Baldurs Gate 3
Cant say I like the reasons but I do like the results so far, getting the original actors and all
Seems like the new Star Wars approach; bring the whole old gang and see the money roll in... Trent will probably see my money
I would buy it if BGEE weren't mandatory for playing this. I won't give money for that subpar hack job.

Maybe it will be possible to port it to the original game.

Starwars

Arcane
Fuck these guys, seriously. How long did it take for them to shit out their final patches for the EE versions of BG and BG2? Enhanced indeed.

Won't touch this shit with a 10 foot pole.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Design decisions like the repeated random rest encounters that take him five minutes to get past and the insanely long berzerk status effect that ruins the end of the stream? :smug:
That at end way not beserk but mind control of some kind.

Tigranes

Arcane
I would buy it if BGEE weren't mandatory for playing this. I won't give money for that subpar hack job.

Maybe it will be possible to port it to the original game.

Yeah. This will be, what, $20-30? But if you have to buy the POS BGEE, which was $20, then that's $50 with possibly some bundle deal. "Buy a pointless piece of shit to get this decent-looking thing!"

We all dreamed of a new IE game, we never thought it'd come quite like this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guess that wasn't an open secret for long. :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yeah. This will be, what, $20-30? But if you have to buy the POS BGEE, which was $20, then that's $50 with possibly some bundle deal. "Buy a pointless piece of shit to get this decent-looking thing!"

BG:EE is regularly 75% off. I think some people ITT are being a bit overdramatic about this.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What? This is $10 $15 tops I mean they have said its a 10 hour expansion and they better come out with a $25 value pack for those who dont have the EE

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Well, there goes my support for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom