Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community NEW OFFICIAL RPG CODEX GOTY 2015 POLL CREATED - All citizens vote

Prime Junta

/me checks out Undertale's site and launch trailer
Wut?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus, time moves too quickly. I still need to play Serpents of the Staglands and AoD. I only had a chance to play the Witcher 3 or PoE. Granted, I splurged on all the Warhammer games and Age of Wonders.

It looks as though suddenly every other grinder shit game that we wouldn't even give half a glance is now Codex GOTY poll material?

And I haven't even heard of about half of these games before. A quarter of it gave me "WTF is this doing in a GOTY poll?" moments and I have yet to play half the games in the remaining quarter.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I never played an Age of Wonders game before and it has been a pleasant surprise. I like how racial units and bonuses mesh with the Hero-specific units. Also, I have used this funny strategy in the elf campaign where you use Pain Absorb on a Hero with max armor upgrade. That one Hero unit can slaughter an entire city.

I am finishing 3, and then I will move on to 2, which may be a bad idea.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Wow, scrolling over this list made me realize how few games I've played last year... need to see if I can change that a bit during the course of this year.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
PoE is great, a masterpiece.

Fall Out 4 I heard is a shitty shooter with poorly written campaign. Watched a couple of RK47 videos about it, but those were extremely boring... :/

throwaway

Cipher
Stuck between wanting PoE winning to give spergs an aneurysm, Witcher 3 being the best one I played this year and highly disliking Witcher 3's streamlined dialogue system.
Yes, and it will be easy to dismiss the 100 newly created accounts to rig the outcome too, or the scripts created for the same purpose (apparently there were bots trying to alter the outcome of that google doc poll)
:deathclaw:
Which cunt is sad enough to spend time on that?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stuck between wanting PoE winning to give spergs an aneurysm, Witcher 3 being the best one is played this year and highly disliking Witcher 3's streamlined dialogue system.
Yes, and it will be easy to dismiss the 100 newly created accounts to rig the outcome too, or the scripts created for the same purpose (apparently there were bots trying to alter the outcome of that google doc poll)
:deathclaw:
Which cunt is sad enough to spend time of that?

urmom

GlutenBurger

Cipher
It looks as though suddenly every other grinder shit game that we wouldn't even give half a glance is now Codex GOTY poll material?

And I haven't even heard of about half of these games before. A quarter of it gave me "WTF is this doing in a GOTY poll?" moments and I have yet to play half the games in the remaining quarter.
The exclusion of undesirables is how they do things in crypto-fascist democracies. Here in the free world we authorise all options and use media propaganda to ensure nobody is willing to vote for undesirables.

Tigranes

Arcane
Only one winner should be picked anyway, and maybe a runner-up. A top 5 list gives the impression that there were 5 amazing RPGs in the same year, which happens how often?

Of course, someone could produce a personal list of UR/AOD/SiTS/W3/POE (insert/remove a couple of these however), but then why did we even need a poll 18 fucking polls for "group of RPGs that quite a few people liked very much"

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Only one winner should be picked anyway, and maybe a runner-up. A top 5 list gives the impression that there were 5 amazing RPGs in the same year, which happens how often?

Well, this year we had at least four.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Having looked at the results so far, I'd argue there's merit in publishing the full list.

And then naming and shaming people for how they voted.

Cadmus

Arcane
When it's done can you compare it to the google poll to see if the voting there was rigged?

Having looked at the results so far, I'd argue there's merit in publishing the full list.

And then naming and shaming people for how they voted.

Can't fucking wait!

21l4o.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom