Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd Howard: We Have Three Big Projects in Development

Azeot

Arbiter
Bethesda's new motto: "Let's squeeze Gamebryo for every last drop".
TES IV: High FuckedUp Land, with new tech colored filters and lens flare so il totally doesn't look like the other games we made, with vehicles, paid mods, 2 weapon types (generig melee thingy slashy/stabby and bow), the same old stupid companions(c). Since they listen to fans feedback about the 4 dialogue options no one liked, it now has AI that plays the game for you, so you don't notice, just press the button to attack. 201* GOTY.

Roid King

Educated
Actually, TES VI will only have one three skills - "Combat", "magic" and "stealth", and one attribute - "XBOX".

Thal

Augur
One of them is TES VI and the reason why it's taking so long is because it's a new engine and they are making the game specifically for VR. Hence, their tussle with Oculus VR a while back.
Remember folks, you heard it here first.

pippin

Wasn't it revealed that the proper headset will be like very expensive? Doing a vir game right now is just a waste of resources. But if they do their games will be even more like nongames than they are right now.

damager

Arbiter
Maybe they are sick of being called idiots all the time and develop something decent with all their resources. Back to Morrowind kinda depth.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Maybe they are sick of being called idiots all the time and develop something decent with all their resources. Back to Morrowind kinda depth.

After Skyrim and Fallout 4's success I'm reasonably certain they only want to make games that sell those numbers.

Who cares if a handful of people call you idiots when you break 10+ million copies each time. Though unfortunately for Beth, it looks like the $60-for-an-entire-year was lightning in a bottle since Fallout 4's already being discounted by $20.

damager

Arbiter
My post wasn't meant to serious, but looking at the steam reviews even the average intelligent mainstream gamer already finds their game dumbed down. That would also explain the price drop. With this kind of reputation it doesn't sell like candy anymore. Time for change in a different direction I guess.

pippin

I think it also has to do with the fact that games, even big ones, are popular only for three months and later discarded by 90% of the public (the rest being the people who have fun modding the game).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My post wasn't meant to serious, but looking at the steam reviews even the average intelligent mainstream gamer already finds their game dumbed down.

80% positive is still good. If they piss off 20% of 10+ million it's still worth it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They day Bethesda gets closed is the day Codex looses 80% members.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Going off of Fallout 4's direction; TES VI will be closer to Diablo 2/3 than Skyrim.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've actually found the level design in Fallout 4 a lot better than FO3 and Skyrim.

pippin

All the interesting locations for Fallout 3 had nothing to do with the main quest. At least it was refreshing to see something that wasn't the Brotherhood or you trying to find your dad. Quests like the one with the android man, the ghouls that sends you to kill people or Reilly's Rangers were ok, even as FO quests, not jus Bethesda's. But that was everything FO3 had going on for it, and FO4 has nothing like that. I guess that's what they mean when they say 3 was the better game.

typical user

Arbiter
I hope those projects are his retirement, closing Bethesda studios and selling Fallout IP to more competent people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom