Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

coutil

Literate
Just give up, he can't/refuses to see how easy it is to find his "projects" under other names, this one just joins the long list.

But Proctor here is a serious question, one I don't expect you to answer. Because answering any real question is somehow way above your skill level atm. Why do you avoid people? You promised a rebuttal. What did we get? "oh rofl noobs I quit trololol" but wait there's more! "But I haz cryengine + assets so I has new game, but I am sooo busy with stuff because I'm a real game dev that I can't work on it".

How are we supposed to take any of that seriously? Please do feel free to answer that, I know you won't, but a shot in the dark might be worth it.

EJoe

Educated
How are we supposed to take any of that seriously?

If he doesn't want to answer, the allegations are true.

By cancelling GM, he decided to run-away instead of facing the truth.

There's a new fake developer using aliases, wanting to do contract jobs cheap!
He'll take your money and don't deliver ;).

Myobi

Liturgist
I guess he already said pretty much everything =/

He will keep doing exactly the same bullshit that he has been doing this far, just under a new name. As for all the questions, “lies” and “half-truths”, I guess that “I wouldn’t call that bad-mouthing!” is all we are going to get…

I guess that he is just that broken.

coutil

Literate
My opinion, find the new name, just to show him how easy it is to poke through the b/s he posts. Sadly enough I don't have the skills for that.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ehhhhh. It's what half of the posters in this thread suggested him to do. Now the other half is ridiculing him for it.

Poor dude, must be confusing for him.

Myobi

Liturgist
Here's a little video by Markee Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-iyWxV-i8

Yeah cute, you should send him the chat logs you posted here, because apparently according to him you "worked your ass off for free". Just sayin...

Ehhhhh. It's what half of the posters in this thread suggested him to do. Now the other half is ridiculing him for it.

Poor dude, must be confusing for him.

I don't think the issue is him changing his nickname, the issue is changing it just to keep doing the same shit that he as been doing.

Myobi

Liturgist
giggdy.jpg

"I'll change my name and keep releasing stacked up assets as video game projects! Because I learned a lot after the lessons learned trough Greed Monger"

coutil

Literate
Here's a little video by Markee Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-iyWxV-i8

So James, no real answer again? Avoiding as usual? When will you man up and show that you are a man of your words?

Also:

Then at the same time there was a very small but extremely Vocal group of people that were on a crusade against me and I just needed to distance my self from it.

Please tell me you're joking here. Please do, because so far most of the issues with GM came from.. 3 guesses? You!

Tybost

Novice
Can we please take a moment out of our day to thank Markeedragon for spending his hard earned money for all of us. (Thanks man. You rock!)

coutil You don't ever have to worry about proctor joining another team, or profiting. I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain who is capable of reviewing people for certain positions would never let him join their team. The only real reason James got on Greed Monger was because of how stupid and inexperienced Appleton was at game development. Unable to realize he hired another stupid and inexperienced person. (Fuck-N-Gold)

Greed Mongers cancellation translates into 'We lose someone to mock & laugh at for our own entertainment' for most of us here and nothing more.

RIP - Thanks for the fun times!

/1-DefenseCent/ I really want to say something rewarding in his defense: Even though he is still playing 'pretend developer' and logging in under the same name to comment. and while It took him awhile to realize that he isn't capable of making an MMO. and while he realized reviving Greed Monger was a bad idea. and while he realized "Oh Shit" I shouldn't of signed those papers. and while....*Ahem* I truly believe that he was just a dumbass in all of this from start to finish. Yeah... lets not beat up people who admit defeat and let him be as creative as he wants elsewhere. Happy Easter! ;)

Azrile

Literate
Yeah, it is hilarious that James wants people to think he is a victim because he wasn´t paid. The fact is he was paid. $4000, a new computer and a bunch of Unity Assets.

that is a lot of money for a ´programmer´ who has never actually programmed anything, never was able to have any type of real test after 3 years of working on GM and basically just installed other people´s asset packs. James, you really expect to be paid for that? The ´game´ you showed in January of last year is about what a moderately intelligent person could do in a weekend with Unity.

MarkeeDragon is just trying to save face since he was the one who so highly recommended GM during the kickstarter and did 4 interview with Jason and was not able to realize that a person who has never made a video game would not be able to magically create a MMORPG. Everything MD said in this video he should have known 4 years ago when he was convincing people to donate to the KS. It is not rocket science. You have Jason who never even worked on a video game before, and a lead developer James Proctor, who couldn´t even complete a tutorial to make a space invaders clone. Before I post 4 videos promoting a KS to 60,000 subscribers, I might want to ask about the experience of the team. $100,000 of KS money went to a ´team´ of developers, not a single one of which has a single completed game to their name.

And James, are you really that stupid. Of course we are going to know what you are working on next. You realize that most of the people in your skype group, myself included, aren´t fans of fake developers who steal other people´s work and pass it off as their own. At best, you have a handful of people who don´t want you to commit suicide, but the number of people who actually like you is very small, and most despise you.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
First of all sorry to say but that Space Invaders clone was NOT a Tutorial. I did the coding, level setup, power ups, ect. ALL On my own. Even just used basic programmer art so I could do it all on my own. It wasn't even meant to be a real project. I had some time to kill and I wanted to see what I could accomplish on my own in that 1 afternoon.

Next your not even in my Skype Group. All the people I had in my old Skype Group for GM are people who have been there since the start basically. Other then 2 newer people one of which I removed just in case it was you. And Just for the record that isn't even my current Skype Group for my Current Project. In my current Skype Group I have my self and 2 others who are both under NDAs.

And I'm not stealing anything and trying to pass it off as my own... We were up front from day 1 that we bought assets from the asset store and we were using them... Not that it really should be an issue or anything but whatever. Also I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me that I wasn't paid. I had an agreement with Jason from the start that I would be a volunteer and would get a percentage of profits post launch...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
why isn't this fucker banned yet. the entire thread is basically an admission of theft and piracy and probably a case could be made for consipracy to extort money as well. we can't punish him legally why allow him to continue being a member of the forums?

GM_JamesPro

Savant
dude really? Theft? Piracy? REALLY!? How so? Legally obtaining assets from the asset store and using them in my own project is in no way shape or form Theft or Piracy. It's what they are for! When you purchase an asset from the asset store the purchase grants you a license to use said asset in commercial Game Development... As for the Game Engine again I obtained the License to use the Game Engine in whatever way I saw fit. Including being able to turn around and sell the game engine. You are able to legally do that with ANY Opensource project as long as in the case of the GPL License you provide the Source Code for the engine as well to those who purchase it from you. So Again I would like to see where Theft and Piracy comes into play.

coutil

Literate
Other then 2 newer people one of which I removed just in case it was you.

Holy shit, you're a bigger dick than I expected.. "Well, let's kick people because there might be a remote chance they're someone else". And about the asset store.. if you really think you can make an MMO with bought/free assets alone, please stop calling yourself a game developer, ever.. EVER again.

Myobi

Liturgist
Also I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me that I wasn't paid. I had an agreement with Jason from the start that I would be a volunteer and would get a percentage of profits post launch...

[12/5/2012 10:59:31 PM] James Proctor: I don't know that's up to you... It's just that we had agreed on one thing the computer and $4k for that work I had ALREADY done... I told me mom that and we have been counting on that money to get through the winter now you go behind my back and change things up on me... I don't care so much about the money but it's kind of important when we were counting on it in order to survive...
[12/5/2012 11:19:10 PM] Jason Appleton: $2,000 and a new computer isn't bad for a month
[12/5/2012 11:19:21 PM] James Proctor: No it isn't
[12/5/2012 11:19:23 PM] Jason Appleton: thats more than anyone else is making

And I'm not stealing anything and trying to pass it off as my own... We were up front from day 1 that we bought assets from the asset store and we were using them...

You know all those screen shots you kept releasing over facebook? The ones bragging about the "amazing views"? Those fools complementing you for creating such an "amazing view" were clueless that they were assets and sure as hell you didn't bother telling them about it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/9...kMSYv2ZjofQUw5tZTEGneACrO7IhylcaHWCsC7EeQCt5H

So yes, you passed it as you had actually created such "amazing views" in order to get praised for it.

dude really? Theft? Piracy? REALLY!? How so? Legally obtaining assets from the asset store and using them in my own project is in no way shape or form Theft or Piracy.

https://ksr-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/creator-responsibility.png

Yes, with the money of a fraudulent kickstarter, that has yet to at lest fulfil the rewards.

In my current Skype Group I have my self and 2 others who are both under NDAs.

Ohh, are they now? You are having people signing contracts with you? Is that wise for someone that "can't work" due health issues? Just asking.

Taojnhy

Novice
First of all sorry to say but that Space Invaders clone was NOT a Tutorial. I did the coding, level setup, power ups, ect. ALL On my own. Even just used basic programmer art so I could do it all on my own. It wasn't even meant to be a real project. I had some time to kill and I wanted to see what I could accomplish on my own in that 1 afternoon.
The SI clone is also something YOU offered up as proof that you knew what you were doing and yet you still never finished it; the comments on the game pretty much panned it as being overall terrible. Also, it wasn't just "1 afternoon" that you spent working on it; even the Kongregate page shows two updates that are four days apart.

Proctor's Space Invaders clone

Last edited:

EJoe

Educated
I played MMO-Interactive's Space Invader game.

Problems are:

1) Space Invaders should go from left/right. Right now it goes downwards. No joy. What is that person thinking?

2) Ship hangar. Stick drawings...

3) Quest Window... non existent.

4) Quick Repair is exponential. You can get 100,000 / 2000. So you never lose a life...
b) Continue clicking, you get 5.1312323e+08/2000 health. Didn't check your health logic?

5) Black market doesn't work...

6) Store button does not work...

7) Invaders or Enemy Ships does not shoot back at you...

8) No high score... or Kongregate high-score.
b) No game-over, so no way to submit high score, such as -5,000 points. Weird, since you get negative scores.
c) You can get negative score. I got -5,000.

9) You could be a dummy, move to the edge and let all the enemy ships go down, and win the level.
b) The ships pass by you, so you don't lose a life. No hit detection...

10) I don't know how to lose a life, since it doesn't work.

11) There is this 'Trial version, Development build' which blocks the menus.

12) Upgrade level is same in all levels and does nothing

13) No start menu

14) No login with Facebook to share high-scores with your friends.

15) No pause feature.

16) No volume/sound control.

17) No SFX/VFX for menus. Bland and plain.

18) Nothing to entice players to play more than 5 minutes. No viral or interesting features.

MMO-Interactive is very proud of their space-invaders game, and part of their game-portfolio.

I can state, MMOI have a very long way to go.
*** I use MMOI as I'm not being very personal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom