Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BLACKROOM, an oldschool FPS from John Romero and Adrian Carmack - Kickstarter cancelled!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Looks like it's spring cleaning time at the Romero mansion.

I will forever be his bitch for paying 40 bucks (or however much it was) for Daikatana. Oh god, the green! The frogs! The green frogs!

A user named cat

I know this is like 20 years late but I seriously just recently discovered that Daikatana for Gameboy Color is a completely different game and it's actually.... pretty good.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Phh screw you all, whatevuuuhr!
Miss Stevana 'KillCreek' Case waz teh bestest map designer evuur, like, she did the first couple levels with the awesome green tint and the tiny little froggies and Daikatana was like, the best game evar!
I'm soo totally ready to be Romero's next bitch and like, suck-it-down (is that still trademarked?) if ya know what ah meen..!

Severian Silk

Romero needs Carmack on the team. After all, he is working for facebook now.

7onl8y9.png

:(
Menacing poses, if I've ever seen any. I am literally shaking out of fear.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Romero confirmed to me personally that it's at least unrelated to Daikatana.

Pmu7yrT.jpg

Alongside his recent Doom level remake, things are looking alright, like he still cares about the kind of mechanics and level design that went into his smash hits. But there's no telling how well he might be able to get gameplay like that on a contemporary engine, since many are very pretty but lag like hell in more intricate environments.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Romero is going to make FPS games great again!

Nah, it will probably be shit, like all the "old school" crap that isn't actually old school we've been getting so far. Hey, it pays to be a pessimist. :negative:

Riskbreaker

Awww, sexbad? , Senpai noticed you. :love:

Anyway, at least this one is being made by someone who possesses a core understanding of those games, instead of folks with a pretty broken and modern vision of what it is that made 90s FPSs work (see anything from RoTT "remake" to STRAFE). Also, his level design chops are still very much there judging from his recent attempt at Doom mapping.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, at least this one is being made by someone who possesses a core understanding of those games, instead of folks with a pretty broken and modern vision of what it is that made 90s FPSs work (see anything from RoTT "remake" to STRAFE). Also, his level design chops are still very much there judging from his recent attempt at Doom mapping.
It may not be a bad thing that he has been out of the FPS loop since Daikatana, since little worthwhile has happened in the genre since the late 90s, most design people generally just got worse at it. At least Romero has some kind of raw talent that could still be there in his mind, lurking.

Sounds exactly like the kind of thing someone making Daikatana 2 would claim.
Please. Someone working on Daikatana would claim Daikatana 2 would make you its bitch, and order you to suck it down. :obviously:

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
He should name it "my bitch". Because that is the only way he is going to deliver on his promise to make us his bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom