Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
ou really should, because that's where I put it ;) It also contains more information in general, like remaining duration.

But yeah, I'll add it to the character hover tooltip as well.

Ahah, there it is. I sometimes forget to experiment on my own party :)

Another question: I was looking at Armor Oil, to see what it's limitations were and whether it was working correctly. Apparently, you can use it on shields (which seems a stretch). I can't find that item mentioned anywhere in the SRD or the 3.5 rulebooks. Is that a ToEE special? Not a big deal either way, just a curiosity.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ou really should, because that's where I put it ;) It also contains more information in general, like remaining duration.

But yeah, I'll add it to the character hover tooltip as well.

Ahah, there it is. I sometimes forget to experiment on my own party :)

Another question: I was looking at Armor Oil, to see what it's limitations were and whether it was working correctly. Apparently, you can use it on shields (which seems a stretch). I can't find that item mentioned anywhere in the SRD or the 3.5 rulebooks. Is that a ToEE special? Not a big deal either way, just a curiosity.

No idea, it was added by Co8, possibly a KotB carryover.

Rifte

Novice
Constantly crashing when I try to run this with CoE 8.1.0.

Temple.ini file is like :

[TemplePlus]

NPCsLevelLikePCs=true

additionalTioPaths=

antialiasing=true

autoUpdate=true

debugMessageEnable=true

debugPartSys=false

defaultModule=ToEE

featPrereqWarnings=false

hpOnLevelup=normal

lockCursor=true

maxLevel=10

maxPCs=5

maxPCsFlexible=true

newFeatureTestMode=true

noSound=false

pathfindingDebugMode=false

pointBuyPoints=25

renderHeight=1080

renderWidth=1920

screenshotQuality=80

sectorCacheSize=128

showExactHPforNPCs=false

skipIntro=true

skipLegal=true

softShadows=false

spellAlreadyKnownWarnings=false

toeeDir=F:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Temple of Elemental Evil

windowHeight=1080

windowWidth=1920

windowed=false

I have multiple dmp files, would it be possible to email them to someone to have a look at?

Thanks

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Temple.ini file is like :

[TemplePlus]

NPCsLevelLikePCs=true

additionalTioPaths=

antialiasing=true

autoUpdate=true

debugMessageEnable=true

debugPartSys=false

defaultModule=ToEE

featPrereqWarnings=false

hpOnLevelup=normal

lockCursor=true

maxLevel=10

maxPCs=5

maxPCsFlexible=true

newFeatureTestMode=true

noSound=false

pathfindingDebugMode=false

pointBuyPoints=25

renderHeight=1080

renderWidth=1920

screenshotQuality=80

sectorCacheSize=128

showExactHPforNPCs=false

skipIntro=true

skipLegal=true

softShadows=false

spellAlreadyKnownWarnings=false

toeeDir=F:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Temple of Elemental Evil

windowHeight=1080

windowWidth=1920

windowed=false

I have multiple dmp files, would it be possible to email them to someone to have a look at?

Thanks
Yes, you can send them to templeplushelp@gmail.com.
Please also attach a logfile from when the crash occurs (it's in the same folder as the crash dump). If you have a savegame that can reliably demonstrate a crash, please send it as well.

Kogaion

Literate
Greetings everyone!
After reading some very intersting facts about Temple+ ( on Co8 forums ) I am quite keen to give it a go.
I am using Co8 NC 8.1.0. I have downloded Temple+ exe file from the link mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Now the trouble starts: no matter what I do when I select "Please select the Temple of Elemental Evilinstallation that Temple+ should use" I get either "The directory does not exist" or various files missing, i.e. "required file msvcr71.dll is missing " or " required file ToEE1.dat is missing " and so on :-(
I have a clean install of ToEE with Patch 1 and 2, Co8 NC 8.1.0 activated.
Please help!
Kind regards,
Kogaion

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Thanks

Alright, got your files. It seems to be failing when trying to load temple.dll.

Are you using an Anti-Virus? If so, which one?

Greetings everyone!
After reading some very intersting facts about Temple+ ( on Co8 forums ) I am quite keen to give it a go.
I am using Co8 NC 8.1.0. I have downloded Temple+ exe file from the link mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Now the trouble starts: no matter what I do when I select "Please select the Temple of Elemental Evilinstallation that Temple+ should use" I get either "The directory does not exist" or various files missing, i.e. "required file msvcr71.dll is missing " or " required file ToEE1.dat is missing " and so on :-(
Please help!
Kind regards,
Kogaion

Yeah, apparently we missed that msvcr71.dll only comes with GoG. We'll fix this, but in the meantime I think you should be able to play despite the warning.

Torrasque01

Augur
I tried to run GOG version+Co8+TPlus on both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and am getting "The procedure entry point _BinkDX8SurfaceType@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll.". Eset Antivirus on or off. Win7 64. I'll email logs right now.

Kogaion

Literate
Hi Sitra, I'm afraid not much luck here.
If I try to run it anyway , by clicking "Launch" I get the message: TemplePlus.exe - Entry Point Not Found " The procedure entry point K32GetModuleInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." then a message saying TemplePlus.exe stopped working.

Rifte

Novice

Thanks

Alright, got your files. It seems to be failing when trying to load temple.dll.

Are you using an Anti-Virus? If so, which one?

Greetings everyone!
Please help!
Kind regards,
Kogaion

Yeah, apparently we missed that msvcr71.dll only comes with GoG. We'll fix this, but in the meantime I think you should be able to play despite the warning.

Hey yes running Eset NOD32. I disabled it temporarily and the error still occurs.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
If I try to run it anyway , by clicking "Launch" I get the message: TemplePlus.exe - Entry Point Not Found " The procedure entry point K32GetModuleInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." then a message saying TemplePlus.exe stopped working.

Hi there, which version of Windows are you running?

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
I tried to run GOG version+Co8+TPlus on both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and am getting "The procedure entry point _BinkDX8SurfaceType@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll.". Eset Antivirus on or off. Win7 64. I'll email logs right now.
Hi, can you check the file size of binkw32.dll in your ToEE folder and post it here?

*edit*: Do you possibly have a binkw32.dll in your C:\Windows\System32\ directory?

Torrasque01

Augur
Hi, can you check the file size of binkw32.dll in your ToEE folder and post it here?

*edit*: Do you possibly have a binkw32.dll in your C:\Windows\System32\ directory?

Size: 350 KB (358,963 bytes)
Size on disk: 352 KB (360,448 bytes)
No to your edit.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron

Size: 350 KB (358,963 bytes)
Size on disk: 352 KB (360,448 bytes)
No to your edit.

This might be a bit annoying, but could you do a file search for binkw32.dll on your entire C drive?

Your filesize matches mine and the only thing I can think of is TP somehow pulling binkw32.dll from another folder.

Torrasque01

Augur
This might be a bit annoying, but could you do a file search for binkw32.dll on your entire C drive?

Your filesize matches mine and the only thing I can think of is TP somehow pulling binkw32.dll from another folder.
Yea actually I did that it's in SYSWOW64. What should I do?

Fixed (confirmed on PM) - SA

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron

We'll fix it on our end, don't worry. I just wonder how it ended up there :)

Kogaion

Literate

Apologies, been doing some errands.
I'm running Vista, Kaspersky antivirus.
If relevant, I have the game installed and running from a Desktop folder ( not C/: Program files etc... ) which always worked perfectly so far.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron

If relevant, I have the game installed and running from a Desktop folder ( not C/: Program files etc... ) which always worked perfectly so far.

We are currently targetting Windows 7 when building the executable (apparently). We might be able to retarget for Vista, but I currently don't have a Vista machine to test this on.

*EDIT*: Filed issue #224 for this and fixed it for the next release. I don't know if this is the only thing incompatible with Windows Vista that we've been doing, but at least the specific issue you have been having should be fixed.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hey yes running Eset NOD32. I disabled it temporarily and the error still occurs.

Please try the latest release (1.0.4):
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.4/TemplePlusSetup.exe

Loel

Barely Literate
Wicked excited to try this.

Went and downloaded the first link I found (edition 1.01.). It patched Co8 2 just fine, then stalled when trying to get to 1.0.3 version of Temple+. It kept saying 'restart game', installing 1.0.3, and then saying 'reinstall game to finish install.'

I restarted the computer and downloaded the patcher again (edition 1.0.4), and everything went smooth. Dunno if that's helpful information, but I figured I'd mention it :D

Rifte

Novice
So far, so good buddy, thanks!, seems to work with the COE 8.1.0 SE. Will get into the game, and feedback if there are any further issues.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Wicked excited to try this.

Went and downloaded the first link I found (edition 1.01.). It patched Co8 2 just fine, then stalled when trying to get to 1.0.3 version of Temple+. It kept saying 'restart game', installing 1.0.3, and then saying 'reinstall game to finish install.'

I restarted the computer and downloaded the patcher again (edition 1.0.4), and everything went smooth. Dunno if that's helpful information, but I figured I'd mention it :D

It doesn't say 'reinstall game', I think you've misread (or mistyped ;) ).

Once an update is available, the update process downloads (about 15MB at most) and installs it in the background. You then have to restart your game and it should be there. Restarting your computer is not necessary.

Kogaion

Literate

https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.4/TemplePlusSetup.exe

Hi Sitra.
Downloaded the patch and tried. This time round, there is the green tick, it does install the Temple+ but when I click ( from Start programs ) on Temple+, the screen goes briefly black then it says " Temple Plus Executable has stopped working. Windows can check for a solution etc... "

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Hi Sitra.
Downloaded the patch and tried. This time round, there is the green tick, it does install the Temple+ but when I click ( from Start programs ) on Temple+, the screen goes briefly black then it says " Temple Plus Executable has stopped working. Windows can check for a solution etc... "

Can you send the logfile? It is located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\TemplePlus
You can send it to templeplushelp@gmail.com or upload it to a file hosting service such as wikisend.com.

Kogaion

Literate
Sent it.
Thank you for your help!
Kind regards,
Kogaion

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom