Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
3olcWBA.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
910nesH.jpg

Well, this is was a fun choice. Roguelike in the vein of Mystery Dungeon with a shit ton of other shit. In glorious 4:3 (that's the highest resolution).

2b2gZk7.jpg

This was going to be a set a screenshots of this hero committing suicide so I can store a better weapon for the next character, but instead, I only got the one.

:baka:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yes, you are right. But there are many similiarities when it comes to indoor areas, that I thought it was modified engine from Id.
Indeed, they are quite similar looking, especially with the stencil shadows which have seen limited use in games. F.E.A.R. also looked similar because of that but that game had a very different art direction than that of Doom 3.

Blonsky

Prophet
Silverfall - Earth Awakening

An all troll party for maximum trolling.
Cg9VDfS.jpg

Its a standalone expansion pack of a original game that i remember playing but not finishing because it had to many bugs.
xQYHXco.jpg

This game has less bugs but it still has alot of problems with movement and AI that dosent know what to do sometimes, this effects your party members alot more then the enemies.
O7nq7C0.jpg

Most enemies have alot HP but bosses are the worst HP blob i have seen in a while.
goun7fj.jpg

Lycanthropy is a disease that can effect anyone, spread the awareness.
c9kfmvt.jpg

Die burning monkey.
hcoCu7G.jpg

A huge hall at the end of a long dungeon, im sure nothing big is going to jump out of the dark here.
8UCQ8O1.jpg

You can make one character and recruit two others to follow you; but only very late in the game did i found out that picking Morka Healer/Ice mage as a follower is basically playing the game in easy mode.
vTgTbnX.jpg

The furniture has turned against us.
C6ub4Vb.jpg

So dwarfs were the Holy guardians, but they got bored because they had nobody to fight and decided to live in shacks on the beach, fishing and drinking cocktails all day, and now they all talk with jamaican accent and are completely useless.
VaDn5md.jpg

Fallen into a trap of the bad guy.
tnHp34K.jpg

Well you start the game on level 45 and get/make a predeveloped character which can be confusing at start, some stuff in the game are completely useless like crafting and demon links, while other things are important to think about from start like joining Nature or Technology faction.
The game reminds me mostly of Dungeon Siege and some parts of Aarklash, although you dont have control of the party members in combat like in those games.

lightbane

Arcane
This new Persona game sure looks good. :troll:

Too bad it's PS4-only. Also for Vita, but that's a dead console.

Essegi

Cipher
Yes, you are right. But there are many similiarities when it comes to indoor areas, that I thought it was modified engine from Id.
I think it's easy to confuse, iirc shadows were pretty similar. For sure it's one of the graphics that impressed me most at that time. And really nice game too. I always thought that Cryo Facility looked pretty sick.

wiz8.jpg

ttl8tNz.jpg

The door to Arnika road
015PZM6.jpg

AlPnrIw.png

TG0OGII.png

appLrsW.jpg

Ec3X0v3.png

V0o5fFj.png

i22sb1H.png

iEBZN0H.png

jBYTKC5.jpg

DEBIrHe.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yawn...

z1XsiI3.jpg

If i hadn't paralyze i dunno how i'd make it...

ws9oCGx.jpg

Really, why plants on videogames are so annoying? Reloaded many times... Already hating those!

kwDfEW2.png

Lol, along with those there was a bunch of bugs.... So i had to run away to kill bugs, run even more praying that there won't be any spawn, sleep and kill those jerks..

3m48ytX.png

Arnika!

lLuZmiP.png

1sBn3go.jpg

SOsc2KP.png

VLXK3U2.png

Malpercio

Arcane
Is it better than the PSX games?

I guess? The original on PSX was kinda shitty to begin with, and I spent my childhood on it. Though they are pretty much different games, this one is a classic RPG on the same vein s SMTIII.

Coyote

Arcane
G566Iid.jpg

Axiom Verge

sIodUCT.jpg

pe9kWDj.jpg

FtyCagp.jpg

4ZjEnoE.jpg

hRLHH3y.jpg

CVbVff3.jpg

TMAIsOO.jpg

stLae7e.jpg

W8JoW7R.jpg

K9g009o.jpg

5o8pMfp.jpg

Wj3Ht8P.jpg

z5sSxYH.jpg

wTvnA4F.jpg

UMTyOTl.jpg

e5Z1jNt.jpg

9YWRfqE.jpg

MsVecw6.jpg

4ohwDKY.jpg

UTCsR7N.jpg

p8k6Kzq.jpg

pMdrfG7.jpg

7X9OJpd.jpg

cYOFXGV.jpg

5uq1XPY.jpg

5DBkpvJ.jpg

GhDKFjC.jpg

Sm4dFMk.jpg

Rt21Do1.jpg

My surprise hit of 2015, recommended for anyone who likes metroidvanias. The moment-to-moment gameplay (combat/platforming) is for the most part much easier than I'd prefer, but it's otherwise a very well-crafted game. The world is rewarding and enjoyable to explore; the game provides a good variety of distinctive weapons and interesting tools for the player to mess around with; it's atmospheric as heck and has a soundtrack that meshes excellently with the visual design; and it does a good job of letting the player discover things on his own (most content being at comfortable medium between Ori and the Blind Forest's level of handholding and La-Mulana's obscurity, with some of the best secrets hidden in ways that approach the latter).

All in all, a very impressive first showing from a new developer, especially given that it's a one-man show. It's currently 20% off on Steam and IMO well worth it at that price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom