Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review 13 Shocking Facts about Fallout 4 That Will Forever Change the Way You Think about RPGs

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Diamond City Radio starts playing them after you talk to her in person.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Diamond City Radio starts playing them after you talk to her in person.
You must have downloaded some 'I love Lynda Carter' mod because I've spoken with her on various playthroughs (I get bored and stop around level 30) and have not once heard her songs on Diamond City Radio.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I kept turning on the radio, hearing her as the second or third song, and tuning right out again. Might have been a virus.

roshan

Arcane
I don't understand how any sane person could read a 60 page, 17,500 word article about this game.

kazgar

Arcane

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mods will fix it.
i don't think any mods could fix the horrendous quests and dialogue. they will add cool content of course, but the core game will remain shitty forever unless someone gutsy enough will have time and resource to reprogram the entire game, new story, new system, new quests etc

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I'm not sure I've ever felt more understood in my entire fucking life than in reading this review

if I were going to single thing out of the fucking cosmos of things that Bethesda is doing wrong, in general and to the Fallout license in particular, it would be this rifuckingdiculous fixation on the prewar era? constantly, CONSTANTLY their excuses for characters feel like they're survivalists who made it through the war, as if they come from an industrialized society like ours and have fallen on hard apocalypse-times. and I'm so glad that Bubbles concluded on that point. FO1/2/NV were completely uninterested in the past except in the specific context of a couple vaults, which were very much the exception to the hard-scrabbling rule. seriously, who is doing the writing at Bethesda? who? do we have this person's name? are they proud of what they've done? I certainly hope they're doing more work than storytelling, because they should not be drawing a paycheck based on that.

Ramireza

Savant
Compared to FA:N F4 is surely a bad RPG, but a great hiking simulator in an interesting world with a neat shooting mechanic.

And the new survival mode adds a lot o deph to the game, making it alot harder. The mode (currently in the beta) is much more "hardcore" than the pussy hardcore mode from FANV.

At all its much better then F3.

The Review is just an endless rant from a person that wants to hate the game from the start. IMO Bethesdas best game since Morrowind.

Last edited:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So any chance we get a Codex's review of Serpents in the Staglands or Underrail.. I am ashamed to be a member atm.

None of the hundreds of Codexers who voted for Underrail as the 2015 GOTY have submitted a review. If you're ashamed of this situation, then you, personally, have the power to change it.
Blaine , how about you? Shit man, I ain't articulate enough!

Turjan

Arcane
Such a missed chance. This could have been the "Codex Fallout 4 Fortnight", starting with a lead-in teaser before that, then one of 13 installments every day thereafter, ending with the grand finale on the last day ("tl;dr: it's shit").

But yeah, that review is as long as a Bethesda game. Probably only true fans will read the whole thing. Which was probably the goal :troll:.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
...Intelligence gives 3% bonus experience per level and reduces the number of possible solutions shown in the hacking minigame. And that's it. That's what being intelligent means in the sequel to Fallout 1 and 2.​

I like how the retard who wrote this shit article somehow forgot the perks are gated by attributes, which is their main purpose in this game. Codex, come for the cock girls, stay for the stupid uninformed opinions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
...Intelligence gives 3% bonus experience per level and reduces the number of possible solutions shown in the hacking minigame. And that's it. That's what being intelligent means in the sequel to Fallout 1 and 2.​

I like how the retard who wrote this shit article somehow forgot the perks are gated by attributes, which is their main purpose in this game. Codex, come for the cock girls, stay for the stupid uninformed opinions.
bethestard.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I just read the review and it was well written, so I imagined easily playing this game and experiencing all the disgusting things the reviewer describes and now I feel sickened. Don't read it if you don't want to spoil a good mood.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Blaine , how about you? Shit man, I ain't articulate enough!

My roadblock is that I wrote the 8,500-word Underrail Re-Preview in late 2014, and although the game has changed and expanded significantly since then, much of it remains the same. Reiterating or rewriting a large amount of information is a huge chore... and frankly, a decent-sized chunk of what I'd have to add would be negative, partly because I took it easy on them pre-release. I have no issue publicizing that negativity (and made no secret of it in the Underrail threads), but coupled with the need to reiterate lots of information, you can see why I'm not super-excited to write the review. I was hoping someone else would produce a quality review, such as Darth Roxor, but Underrail requires you to move around do stuff and he doesn't seem to enjoy games in which you move around and do things these days.

Also, I burned out on Underrail pretty hard after playing it through again twice, virtually back-to-back, post-release:

18f841b344.png

(four-ish playthroughs and a few hundred hours AFK time)

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm glad you spent so long playing it. Think of it as penance for your somewhat positive article/preview on swordcoast legends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom