Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Gothic turns 15 years

T. Reich

Arcane
my pc is probably worth more then your house dude, did you really think you were gonna make me mad with that lol

talk about salt over getting bullied

last time i tried to play gothic was like 2002

honestly my dvd collection is probably worth more then your house aswell

real men don't live in a house, they live on the street and eat rats for breakfast

this guy lives on a house lmao

Real men don't complain about Gothic's controls. They win the game.

Pussy.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Pussy.

Nah. As much as I don't like the controls, I have to admit I wouldn't have lasted long at the game either. Between the awful english translation and the fact the game didn't seem to be that interesting to me (other than the wacky RPG mechanics everyone loves), the controls were the least of my troubles. By comparison, I would have definitely played New Vegas even if it had controls I didn't enjoy at all, because the setting was interesting to me.

I guess I'm more of a settingfag.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

Pussy.

Nah. As much as I don't like the controls, I have to admit I wouldn't have lasted long at the game either. Between the awful english translation and the fact the game didn't seem to be that interesting to me (other than the wacky RPG mechanics everyone loves), the controls were the least of my troubles. By comparison, I would have definitely played New Vegas even if it had controls I didn't enjoy at all, because the setting was interesting to me.

I guess I'm more of a settingfag.

you're just a dumb foreigner

arcanum too hard for you
gothic too hard for you

you're in a permanent state of being broken, its weird and awkward tbh and i hope you find the strength to pull through it

but fuck it i live "on a house" and dont eat rats like they do in your flea ridden corner of the world

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

arcanum too hard for you
gothic too hard for you

you're in a permanent state of being broken, its weird and awkward tbh and i hope you find the strength to pull through it

but fuck it i live "on a house" and dont eat rats like they do in your flea ridden corner of the world

I get the feeling you are one of those dumb americans who claim foreigners took their jerbs. That, or you are one of those mexicans who vote Trump and want to think they are actually americans.

Or you live in a third world country just the same, otherwise I don't get your inferiority complex.

Arcanum and Gothic are not hard, and only a tryhard would say they are hard.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

arcanum too hard for you
gothic too hard for you

I get the feeling you are one of those dumb americans who claim foreigners took their jerbs. That, or you are one of those mexicans who vote Trump and want to think they are actually americans.

Or you live in a third world country just the same, otherwise I don't get your inferiority complex.

Arcanum and Gothic are not hard, and only a tryhard would say they are hard.

i didnt say they were hard i said they were too hard for you, considering how stupid you are

and im not american

and you're still a retard

and you still have flea's no matter how you try to dress it up, wondering how you feel knowing my dog probably eats better then you..

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Am i only one, who loves campy english voice overs of both Gothics? Some of the voices sound weird and they obviously didn't spend a lot of their budget on actors, but they sure beat yet another run of the mill epic fantasy people speaking with thick british accents (looking at D:OS). I found the quirkiness refreshing and some voices, like Xardas's are awesome.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Am i only one, who loves campy english voice overs of both Gothics? Some of the voices sound weird and they obviously didn't spend a lot of their budget on actors, but they sure beat yet another run of the mill epic fantasy people speaking with thick british accents (looking at D:OS). I found the quirkiness refreshing and some voices, like Xardas's are awesome.
I enjoyed Xardas' English voice but Diego's new voice actor in Gothic 2 was really bad.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
So, I tried playing Gothic 2 again to see if my memory is bad after everyone saying the controls were so great. There is no mouse support for the fucking menus. I have to console style navigate just to fucking save. How is this savagery acceptable? I could tolerate bad controls on a super indie game made by one person, but if the hardest part of the game is just saving there is a big issue. I could also see if it had some depth like Dungeon Lords or Daggerfall, but it doesn't. It is an rpg-lite 3d platformer with talking. No character generation, rpg-lite character development, the milky white character I am inflected with has a fucking ponytail like my little female daughter, and it has a seven week long talking sequence y6ou can't skip right in the beginning like a jrpg.

This is just more hipster shit for fucking idiots who want to be hipsters and cool. Every pair of skinny jeans and pomade sold should come with a copy of a Gothic game and Undertale. I'm just happy most of you fucking idiots will be playing Dark Souls 3 right now so I won't have to put up with your nonsensical bleatings on how awesome this shit game with a 1982 UI is.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Go play Fallout 4 and leave us distinguished gentlemen alone!

Why would I play a different console game with a console game UI after complaining about this one? I like real games. Crpgs with some depth and complexity and a GUI with mouse support for menus.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It is an rpg-lite 3d platformer with talking. No character generation, rpg-lite character development, the milky white character I am inflected with has a fucking ponytail like my little female daughter

This man gets it.

Not only it is clunky and silly as fuck, but there's no character generation at all. If I want to play someone's novella, it better be a good one at that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is an rpg-lite 3d platformer with talking. No character generation, rpg-lite character development, the milky white character I am inflected with has a fucking ponytail like my little female daughter

This man gets it.

Not only it is clunky and silly as fuck, but there's no character generation at all. If I want to play someone's novella, it better be a good one at that.

NuFallout avatar complaining about something being clunky and silly as fuck.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This man gets it.

You heard it here first folks- Gothic is bad because no char-gen.

Fargus

Arcane
This man gets it.

You heard it here first folks- Gothic is bad because no char-gen.

It would have been even better for me with character creation. But i'm fine as it is. Great game.

janior

Arcane
Patron
I think it's easier for devs to create more complex story for pre-generated protagonist.
Gothic is a bad example for that though.

T. Reich

Arcane
Gothic doesn't need a char gen because you already start in a clean slate state - no skills assigned, all stats are equally low, no inherent bonuses or maluses in skill/career choices. The Convict is a self-made-man. Only your role-playing and skill distribution choices determine what he becomes. You generate your character as you play, not at the start at the game, that's all to it.

All you lack is appearance and voice options, but those are for faggots (as in buttsex lovers, the ones who kae it in the ass).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom