Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Sent it.
Thank you for your help!
Kind regards,
Kogaion
Hi Kogaion,

We'll try to add some more debug checks to startup. Can you please us with the output of dxdiag somewhere in the meantime?
Something you might also want to try is disabling anti-aliasing in templeplus.ini manually (you'll find it in C:\Users\<your-user>\Saved Games\TemplePlus\)

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Hi Pugmeister
Tried disabling anti-aliasing, to no avail.
I have sent the dxdiag output to templeplushelp@gmail.com" <templeplushelp@gmail.com>;

Hi Kogaion,

i checked out your dxdiag file. Nothing really obvious, except that your iGPU may be below what we can realistically support.
Nevertheless I added more debug output to our logfile before we create the D3D device (that fails on your machine) so we might be able to get to the bottom of this.

Kogaion

Literate
Thanks for trying anyways, I really do appreciate this. I hope it'll work :)
Kind regards,
Kogaion

Kogaion

Literate

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Kind regards,
Kogaion
Hi, please try this:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.5/TemplePlusSetup.exe

It will probably crash again, but it will at least have a more detailed log for your issue - please send it our way.

Like you said, it did crush again.
Sending the log.

Looks like the cause is that your iGPU doesn't support hardware transformations and lighting.

Please try this version:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/kys0pesbn69rwl47/artifacts/TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+837.zip

You should extract it to
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.5

Where <USERNAME> is your username.

Also, please make sure you have up to date drivers for your GPU.

Gord

Arcane
It appears that since installing the latest patch (1.05, which is done automatically, anyway), I can't load any old saves.
Whenever I try, ToEE crashes instantly.

I was able to start a new game, save in Hommlet and load that one, but old saves, regardless of whether they are from Temple+ or normal patched ToEE+Co8 will crash.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
It appears that since installing the latest patch (1.05, which is done automatically, anyway), I can't load any old saves.
Whenever I try, ToEE crashes instantly.

I was able to start a new game, save in Hommlet and load that one, but old saves, regardless of whether they are from Temple+ or normal patched ToEE+Co8 will crash.

Strange, I can load any old save just fine. Can you upload the logfile, crash dump and a sample save?

Edit: Oh, I think I broke Craft Wand by mistake. Issuing fix.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Installed the latest update, still no luck.
Now I can load pre-Temple+ saves, but still no (1.03) saves from Temple+.
Loading an pre-Temple+ save and trying to save that crashes the game, as well.

Edit:
Send you a mail with the files to the gmail address from your OP.
Didn't get any pop-up about a crash dump being created, though.

Edit2:
Seems pre-Temple+ saves aren't working completely either. Temple+ loads them, but sometimes crashes when I try to do various thing (e.g. enter the menu by pressing the escape key, right click character portraits). Not sure why it's working sometimes and other times not...
At least in that case it is creating a crash report.
Will send you another mail with the files from that crash.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Installed the latest update, still no luck.
Now I can load pre-Temple+ saves, but still no (1.03) saves from Temple+.
Loading an pre-Temple+ save and trying to save that crashes the game, as well.

Edit:
Send you a mail with the files to the gmail address from your OP.
Didn't get any pop-up about a crash dump being created, though.

Edit2:
Seems pre-Temple+ saves aren't working completely either. Temple+ loads them, but sometimes crashes when I try to do various thing (e.g. enter the menu by pressing the escape key, right click character portraits). Not sure why it's working sometimes and other times not...
At least in that case it is creating a crash report.
Will send you another mail with the files from that crash.
Derp, I forgot to fix the same error with the Craft Wand Set Level thing. Fixed now in 1.0.7. And also added Quivering Palm :)

MonkFeatures.jpg

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Derp, I forgot to fix the same error with the Craft Wand Set Level thing. Fixed now in 1.0.7. And also added Quivering Palm :)

Time to roll a fresh monk :)

Sitra, is there a way to reinitialize data for specific maps after editing a .mob (without starting a new game)? From past recollection, you could make edits to mob files and then push those changes by deleting the cached data in the data\maps folder. Things seem to operate a bit differently now...

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Temple+ now ignores those cached files. Saves the huge wait at startup.

I haven't tested, but I think you can just edit the mob? It might not affect existing saves though, since they contain a dif file for altered mobs. Otherwise it's the same.

Heinous Hat

Scholar

I haven't tested, but I think you can just edit the mob? It might not affect existing saves though, since they contain a dif file for altered mobs. Otherwise it's the same.

Yeah, that was my experience. I spruced up Jaroo a bit so he looks more like his portrait... green robe, beard etc. Model ID change in the proto shows up on restart, but editing his gear in the mob required a new game.

I figured something was different when I deleted the original cache files and they stayed gone.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron

Yeah, that was my experience. I spruced up Jaroo a bit so he looks more like his portrait... green robe, beard etc. Model ID change in the proto shows up on restart, but editing his gear in the mob required a new game.

I figured something was different when I deleted the original cache files and they stayed gone.
It's possible he operates a bit differently because he's a vendor. Maybe his inventory got flagged as "changed" and stored to the save-game, so editing his inventory in the mob file will only show up in a new game.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
It's possible he operates a bit differently because he's a vendor. Maybe his inventory got flagged as "changed" and stored to the save-game, so editing his inventory in the mob file will only show up in a new game.

Hmm, that's an interesting point. I never think of Jaroo as a vendor, as he primarily sells services. I'll see whether it goes differently when editing mobs composed of strictly creature/item objects.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Kind regards,
Kogaion
Hi, please try this:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.5/TemplePlusSetup.exe

It will probably crash again, but it will at least have a more detailed log for your issue - please send it our way.

Sending the log.

Sorry to say but after going through the latest log, it looks like your GPU just doesn't meet the minimum requirements (lack of pixel shader 3.0 support). From a bit of googling I see it's a common problem with many other games, and not a recent one at that.

Kogaion

Literate
Kind regards,
Kogaion
Hi, please try this:

Sending the log.

Sorry to say but after going through the latest log, it looks like your GPU just doesn't meet the minimum requirements (lack of pixel shader 3.0 support). From a bit of googling I see it's a common problem with many other games, and not a recent one at that.
Oh well, at least you tried..
I'll see if I can sort my gpu out and I'll try again. Just don't know when.
Thank you for your support

Kogaion

Banichi

Novice
Is this the right thread for bugs now? Two combat issues I noticed that are reproducible entirely within the Tutorial (TemplePlus-1.0.8, vanilla GoG - no Co8):

I can now do a 5 foot step and then move within the same turn. No "you have already moved" floater. I'm sure that's new and not a vanilla bug.
Yep. Fixed in v1.0.10.

Ready vs. Approach is (differently) buggy. I know there were issues before so this might be related but it seems a bit different. It seems as though after one successful retreat (5footstep) then ready vs. approach, followed by interrupting a monster's turn, sometimes if you complete your turn and then get another turn before the monster you can consistently skip the monster's turn again by readying with the same character repeatedly (your other PCs still get their turns). I even saw it skipping the monsters turn when my PC who had previously readied just ended turn repeatedly without readying again. I guess this may just be another aspect of the well-known bug that I hadn't encountered before.
Seems to be alright now :P

And another I would only notice on a brand new game: the "Next Tip" button on the Tip of the Day dialog doesn't change the displayed tip. It does do the visual flash and clicking sound so that could be an issue with the data..
Fixed for v1.0.21

Last edited by a moderator:

Banichi

Novice
I've noticed that when attacking with a two-handed weapon while a buckler is equipped the extra .5 strength damage bonus is lost. Is that a feature or a bug? :)

(I can't see it explicitly mentioned in any of the online 3.5e resources so I'd assumed it'd be correct to keep the 1.5x strength modifier damage bonus)
FIXED (1.0.9)

Last edited by a moderator:

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Two Handed sword and buckler should work like this: All attacks are made with a -1 due to buckler penalty. If you attack, you lose the bucklers ac for that turn. Otherwise, nothing should change, so losing the 1.5 mod on strength is a bug.

Banichi

Novice
Unexpected issue at Emridy Meadows. For all I know this is intended but it's different to every other playthrough..

When I loot the rainbow rock.. no ambush by skeletal priest and co. This time is unusual in that the PC is much higher level than I typically take to EM, and is the first CE character I've played.. but I thought I'd better check if there's an issue with the script firing. I can provide a save if that's helpful.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Unexpected issue at Emridy Meadows. For all I know this is intended but it's different to every other playthrough..

When I loot the rainbow rock.. no ambush by skeletal priest and co. This time is unusual in that the PC is much higher level than I typically take to EM, and is the first CE character I've played.. but I thought I'd better check if there's an issue with the script firing. I can provide a save if that's helpful.
Is that with vanilla GoG too? Because the Skeletal Priest is a Co8 addition... (another Livonya masterpiece!)

Banichi

Novice
Is that with vanilla GoG too? Because the Skeletal Priest is a Co8 addition... (another Livonya masterpiece!)

I'm probably confused again. There seems to be an awful lot of NC in the "no NC" version of Co8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom