Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review 13 Shocking Facts about Fallout 4 That Will Forever Change the Way You Think about RPGs

Kalasanty11

Learned
As someone who put entire Bethesda subforum on ignore list (don't want to reopen old wounds), I wonder why I still see this thread on main page, why it's not there.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I hope you are happy about all the newfags this will attract.

better it be due to this than so they can talk about gamergatetm

good review bubbles, I didn't play FO4 because I knew it would be shit and review mostly confirmed my expectations but I particularly enjoyed your example of skill checks literally not making any difference

Last edited:

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
Took me two days to read, but good review.

The initial footage of Fallout 4 had me intrigued, because the world looked so much more colorful and varied than that of Fallout 3. Reading this, the game sounds worse than I could have imagined.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
While the review is good, so far I havent seen as much butthurts and rage as expected from such a gem.

Either fallout 4 is too shit, or RPG Codex is too mainstream...

The latter is a terrifying vision.
I bet half the reason is that when a typical F4 player sees this 30 page behemoth of a review, he doesnt even try to read it. Hell, he havent read any of the stupid books at school, why would he read a book on the internet!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
From all the comments, this was the one that scared me the most:

There is no way a "bad game" could have won DICE's Game of the Year, the most prestigious award given out for video games.

Please tell me that's a troll.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

orcinator

Liturgist
You could have pointed out more flaws for #6

Like how the settlers are effectively invincible unless attacked by the player, making the act of setting up defenses essentially larping if you do things like set up turrets in effective positions or plant traps instead of just maxing out the defense value as efficiently as possible so you won't get random defense prompts (which are the only way for settlers to die since they're only invincible when the player is near and even though you had more than enough turrets to defeat those four raiders since the player wasn't there then everyone died)

Mustawd

Thanks to this review I now know that even the codex is infested with the need for VO. FFS, this takes 15 mins or so to read. I take longer shits every single day

Thanks to quoted reddit comments in this thread I now know:

1. Diablo was a turn-based game
2. Reviews should only contain facts and zero amount of subjective opinions from the reviewer.
3. I hope ITZ comes soon and takes all these people with it.

Mustawd

Thanks to this review I now know that even the codex is infested with the need for VO. FFS, this takes 15 mins or so to read.

I dread to think how long a VO version of this review would last

:troll:

It'd probably be a two-disc audio book.

It's only equivalent to about 65 pages in a standard-sized book.

The commentary on the screenshots will probably add 2 hours by itself. Then you have the commentary on the review itself. Where you discuss the creation of the review and different parts of the review that you like. all the time layered over the actual review. Finally, there will be bonus features that show deleted parts of the review that were edited out to make it more stream-lined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom