Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
New Survival Features
  • Thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons will change color based on status

Survival Fixes
  • Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
  • Carry capacity lowered
  • Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
  • Reduced chances to getting a disease
  • Fusion cores weigh more
  • Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
  • Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
  • Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
  • When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them

Carry capacity lowered further -- virtually impossible to use Fatman/Missile Launcher without power armor and/or carry perks. Guess that's a good thing but you don't really need them.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, I didn't expect Bethesda to build the foundations for the slavery mods.

Why wouldn't they, Fallout 3 had slavery mechanics in the base game.

None of the slavery mods reused any of that aside from the slave collar asset.
Besides, I'm talking more about stuff like this (obviously NSFW):
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24042-sd-sanguine-debauchery-enhanced-2016-04-03/
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1571-wip-maria-eden/

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Carry capacity lowered further -- virtually impossible to use Fatman/Missile Launcher without power armor and/or carry perks. Guess that's a good thing but you don't really need them.

I fail to see how those changes even address the 'too much loot' bullshit. I'm still seeing first aid kits full of antibiotics and other drugs that should not have been untouched. I spent most time just selling away low caliber bullets I didn't want in survival. Hell, I got as far as killing Kellogg before getting tired of the whole YOU ARE HUNGRY/THIRSTY/TIRED/ILL/OVER-ENCUMBERED annoyance they introduced. I wasn't planning trips. I was simply spamming consumables to avoid debuffs. I wasn't using stuff because they weren't needed, it's simply because the carry capacity is widely reduced, and they'd be useless without perks anyway on Survival where everyone is a bullet sponge and kills you when you step out of the Power Armor.

irony.jpg

typical user

Arbiter

I fail to see how those changes even address the 'too much loot' bullshit. I'm still seeing first aid kits full of antibiotics and other drugs that should not have been untouched. I spent most time just selling away low caliber bullets I didn't want in survival. Hell, I got as far as killing Kellogg before getting tired of the whole YOU ARE HUNGRY/THIRSTY/TIRED/ILL/OVER-ENCUMBERED annoyance they introduced. I wasn't planning trips. I was simply spamming consumables to avoid debuffs. I wasn't using stuff because they weren't needed, it's simply because the carry capacity is widely reduced, and they'd be useless without perks anyway on Survival where everyone is a bullet sponge and kills you when you step out of the Power Armor.

irony.jpg

That's part of Survival+. You have to manage annoying stuff like hunger/thirst/fatigue.

vean

Scholar
You can also teleport to the institute from anywhere, although from the institute you can only teleport to the CIT.

typical user

Arbiter
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4eb853/rpg_codex_releases_their_critique_of_fallout_4/

That starts to bring my trust back into casual gamers. I mean that sub in November-February was full of retards just shitposting everyday but as time passes I see more constructive criticism about this game there. And that's what Bethesda deserves. I probably said it here before but I believe this game was in advanced production stage for around 12 months. There is no way the game has less content than New Vegas and was supposedly in developed for nearly 7 years or since finishing Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim. Just look at amount of weapons, armors and non-fetch quests. Look at the features Fo:NV had but Bethesda decided to ignore for Fo4. Look at Witcher 3. I am not going to bash it again for it's lack of RPG elements because I already did before but even as looter-shooter this game has hard time to be average at best in those departments. And think how it was advertised. I am glad for pirating that game, buying it is just wrong at least for it's current price and support.

Elektr0ns[Vault 13] 12 points 8 hours ago

I'm not a fan of the title the author chose. Saying something option based as being FACT. No. Just no.
  • DrowningSinkExclave[S] 6 points 8 hours ago

It's meant to be a parody of clickbait titles. As sardonic as the author is, I don't think he's trying to portray his opinion as fact.
    • Elektr0ns[Vault 13] 18 points 8 hours ago

Based off the tone of the article I read it as the author feels it's fact.
:deathclaw:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Read half of the thread, some of the most upvoted comments are made by some daft cunt who can't come up with any counterarguments to any points raised in the article and instead attacks the writer for being cynical, jaded, and 'having his head up his ass'.

:roll:

Taliensin

Educated
well to be fair the biggest problems with gameplay were the lack of fights and more potted plants for your settlements both of which are addressed on this huge (~55mb) expansion so stop being so entitled and enjoy the game.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Their downvoting/upvoting system is just fucked. Can see why it was done on paper (ensure that high quality posting stays on while shitposting is marginalized, without the need for constant mod surveillance), but in execution it just means that any post that doesn't confirm to what the majority believes is downvoted and forgotten, while circlejerk posts are shot straight up to the top of the thread.

At least that's how I think it works, Reddit's layout is just so needlessly esoteric in comparison to your standard imageboard/forum that I generally don't bother with it.

Athelas

Arcane
On top of that we get absurdities that dilute the atmosphere like capturing for gunners and raiders with a cage marked 'free bullet's. Fun for a joke but it's really bizzare to capture human creatures like they're animals. Doubly so since your character in all quests in the base game only has the option to be a shiny paladin and now they're sending involuntary slaves into bloodsports for fun? Makes the lack of an evil or morally grey option in every quest even more keenly felt.
:lol:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The capturing of creatures is really lazily done. All you do is put down a powered cave Inside your settlement. After a while a creature spawn. No going out to capture them in the wasteland or anything. They just magically appear in your cage. There's no controlling them either beyond putting up a rod that keeps them docile.

Sounds great! Who's doing the Codex review?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Bethesda breaks more records:

"Fallout 4's" "Far Harbor" DLC is shaping up to be everything that Bethesda has advertised. A recent leak shows the DLC with a file size of 2.68 GB, which is indeed larger than any postgame content the company has ever created.

With "Fallout 4 Automatron" already released and "Wasteland Workshop" slated to arrive this month, the fanbase is looking forward to Far Harbor which has been the most anticipated DLC of the three ever since details about it were made public.

The first tidbit which had everyone excited was the confirmation that the DLC would take you away from the main area of the game and into a new part of the map, like what "Fallout 3's" and "New Vegas'" DLC did. That excitement soon reached new heights, however, when Bethesda stated that Far Harbor would be the biggest piece of post launch they've ever created.

Fans had been waiting to see just how large this DLC would be and now the wait is over thanks a potential leak from a SteamDB listing, which, if it is to believed, comes out to 2.68 GB.

This is quite massive and certainly lives up to Bethesda's claim of Far Harbor being larger than any post launch content they've ever created, surpassing the file sizes of the DLC from Bethesda's last major RPG title "Skyrim" by quite a fair margin. The same site lists Dragonborn of having a filesize of 1.74 GB, Hearthfire with 137.16 MB and Dawnguard with 1.13 GB.

Even more impressive is that Far Harbor's file size is larger than both Automatron and Wasteland Workshop combined, which have reported file sizes of 587.07 MB and 76.44 MB respectively.

With a size this huge, it will be interesting to see what exactly Far Harbor has to offer once it arrives in May. Bethesda has remained fairly quiet on details, but the fanbase has been hard at work picking through whatever they can find. These efforts bore fruit recently when a redditor uncovered a folder named "DLC03" which had textures for a squid-like animal as well as a some files relating to a Harpoon Gun. The discovery doesn't mean much until we consider that there have been rumors that a "Sea Monster" battle was slated for the base game, but was cut before it hit stores.

In a similar vein, fans have been excited about the possibility of a Ghoul Whale awaiting them in the DLC. As you may remember, the Ghoul Whale is a short story told by NPC's to one another in the base game.

With Far Harbor taking place on a mysterious new island, a "Sea Monster" and the Ghoul Whale making an appearance seems quite likely. Of course, we won't know until it actually arrives.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/196193/20160411/fallout-4-far-harbor-dlc-file-size-leaks-huge.htm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom