Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
Its not only the bugs,but the shitstorm of dlcs they will make is it would be safe to say after 2-3 years.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Day 1 pirate. No way im going to support this shitty company, regardless of how good the game is.

f3OTgIp.jpg
Fixed.

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
Day 1 pirate. No way im going to support this shitty company, regardless of how good the game is.

pirating the game will give the message that you liked the game,but for whatever reason you didnt want to buy it.
so if you want to sent the message that you disagree with a company totally ignore their products.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
No, I'm going to pirate the fucking game, and post screenshots of the torrent downloading so you fanboy retards that think paradox business practices are any less reprehensible than EA's cry tears of megashit.

Would brofist kemosabe if i could.

Last edited:

DakaSha II

Prospernaut

pirating the game will give the message that you liked the game,but for whatever reason you didnt want to buy it.
so if you want to sent the message that you disagree with a company totally ignore their products.

Probably one of the stupidest things ive heard on this forum, which is saying a lot.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks I still have blocked rpgcodex smilies. I guess these are not 3 empty posts.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't mind frequent small DLCs, as long as they are worthwhile, but I dislike how in CK2 they have kept adding extra shit to the game long after they should have moved on to making CK3 instead.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Paradox is a god awful non-indie company

They make good games and thats enough for me. Who cares about dlc, I dont buy those.

You dont buy anything.

One problem with paradox is that they will patch the game in such a way that makes it necessary to have the newest DLC in order for game to remain consistent and "balanced". Paradox is SHIT. Yes they make "ok" games (they arent even good. they are just the only games of this scope), but they are a horrible company and I mean it when i say i consider them worse than EA. (if you dont count EA's overall impact on the industry over the years of course, which given is worse than paradox just being horrible jews)

[P]aradox ... will patch the game in such a way that makes it necessary to have the newest DLC ...
This. The money grubbing stuff is dubious enough*, but their nasty habit of injecting uncontrollable DLC/expansion specific game mechanics into the base game via so-called 'patches' is reprehensible.

* Even their DLC has fucking DLC. The Old Gods expansion for CK II was pricey for what it was, but they split the new music, the new unit models, and the new portraits out from the expansion making the full Old Gods experience one game mechanic DLC with three separate cosmetic DLCs.

Endemic

Arcane
CK2 still patches in most of the changes without DLC though. You'll still have AI India, for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom