Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Sjukob

Arcane
Might and magic X , holy shit , I can never understand how some people can sit through all that mindless combat .

bloodlover

Arcane
Another game which i finished and saw mentioned a few times here, Alpha Protocol. Yep.

I never managed to finish it. Maybe shooting your way through the game makes it enjoyable but the stealth gameplay wasn't very good. I'd say it even got tedious after a few hours.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dead State: I like the idea of the game but every time i try it just doesn't feel like what i am looking for. I also hate the dialogues and the sjw vibe.
Ah yes Dead State. Reached the point where you've done almost everything and you just have to pass days to reach the end game. Didn't do that

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Risen: Felt like a poor man's Gothic II. Everything was worse, the dialogues, the story, the factions and my biggest beef the exploration. Every time i left the beaten path i found nothing.
Even while looking for herbs. You want some herbs? Keep following the road. Whats behind that huge rock far from the road? Nothing.
:kingcomrade:

Lambach

Arcane
Arcanum. Started playing because of all the street cred it has, dropped it because it was a boring, broken, messy pile of shit with virtually nothing going right for it. Picked it up after about 6 months, started fresh, dropped it again after getting to Tarant. To this day I don't understand all the hype for one of the arguably worst RPGs I've ever played.

Snufkin

Augur
Icewind dale 2 - I finished it but there were places where i wanted to blow my head with shotgun, Ice palace was one of those places.
Neverwinter nights 1/2 - do i need to explain ? didnt had desire for MoTB ( i know its good.. but) yeah that fucking engine.
Wasteland - Those graphics are way too ugly, also the dialogue system didnt click for me.
Wasteland 2 - It is not enough attractive, droped it for Underrail
Pool of radiance 2 - might be good, but wont find out because i dropped it, ugly font made me quit.
Betrayal at Krondor - way to ugly.
PoE - nothing worth to see here.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Titan's quest. i guess action hack and slash RPG just isn't my thing. it's just *click* *click* *click* until you die or the monster die. noo deep conversation, choices, interesting NPCs or anything. just mindless clicking over enemies until their HP goes to 0

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Might and magic X , holy shit , I can never understand how some people can sit through all that mindless combat .

lolwut? MMX has some of the best TB blobber combat. Or do you mean you didn't make it past the first town? The beginning is indeed a bit meh.

Sjukob

Arcane
lolwut? MMX has some of the best TB blobber combat. Or do you mean you didn't make it past the first town? The beginning is indeed a bit meh.
I've got tired of it in Karthal . You basically buff yourself to the balls , let mages poison enemies , break their blocks and cast some offensive spells if enemies are not immune to them , I've been repeating this for every fucking encounter in the game on so called "Warrior" difficulty .

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wasteland 2, then later DC version. Ugly Unity garbage, with wacky animations and meh c&c that feel forced.
Any Larian game with exception of Dragon Commander (didn't played) and recently - Div2 Ego Draconis.Play some time then drop for something else and can't be arsed to come back.
VtmBloodlines - wacky animations, meh combat, "Can't find Steam" error and somehow recent patches by wesp are borked on my machines.
Eye of Beholder 3 - combination of respawning enemies with lack of map (when I check map they come back), all for Amulet of Friendship from the ghost that don't know he's dead. If there were save editor that add items I would use it and continue the game, with high chance of finish.
Morrowind - I can easily walk in Underrail through all these caves but though of slowly crawling through Cliffracers Land give me shrives.

Alpha Protocol? I dropped it but grabbed again year later and finished. Pretty gut unless you look for realism in every game (but then you shouldn't bother with videogames in general).

Then you will love M&M 6-8
:troll:

You basically buff yourself to the balls , let mages poison enemies , break their blocks and cast some offensive spells
Sounds like every game ever, RPG or not. Buff yourself up, soften enemy and kick their assess, if they have any.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Great honor for the Codex that WL2, D:OS and PoE are mentioned more frequently than say Skyrim, FO3 and/or Mass Effect(btw that I also didn't finish)..

:rpgcodex:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
-Every open-world game (especially by Bethesda)
-WL2: just never grabbed me
-D:OS: liked the gameplay and the combat, didn't like the story/writing
-All DA games... even Origins, which just slowly bored me to pieces
-ME3 (technically, never got past the demo of it, after ME2 which I disliked)

On the other hand, finished PoE (kind of a chore by the end, though I haven't played WM), Alpha Protocol (enjoyed everything but the hacking/lock picking minigames), and VtmB (which I loved even if the latter half was far inferior to Santa Monica)

Black

Arcane
Great honor for the Codex that WL2, D:OS and PoE are mentioned more frequently than say Skyrim, FO3 and/or Mass Effect(btw that I also didn't finish)..

To drop something one has to pick it up first. 2015s and logic don't mix. I dropped Gothic 1 because of its controls but didn't actually drop fo3, skyrim, da or fo4. Shame on me.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

To drop something one has to pick it up first. 2015s and logic don't mix. I dropped Gothic 1 because of its controls but didn't actually drop fo3, skyrim, da or fo4. Shame on me.
Oh I bet 90% at least picked them up...

Perkel

Arcane
Two worlds 2 - after 15h magic system can't alone drive the game
Skyrim - Never finished main questline because fuck that writing and quest design
Persona 4 - last dungeons are just tedious and whole life sim part looses its apeal
Eternian Oddysey 4 - 10h good combat but can't deal with loli art
Most of SMT games - always great lore and characters but fucking pokemon garbage combat system wears off after 10-15hours.
Gothic 3 - Don't remember why i didn't finish it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Eternian Oddysey 4 - 10h good combat but can't deal with loli art
Most of SMT games - always great lore and characters but fucking pokemon garbage combat system wears off after 10-15hours.

Same. SMT in particular is disappointing. The games are cool, but I don't really care for the rock-paper-scissors where if you attack with this, it does nothing, but if you attack with THIS then it's like you dropped an atomic bomb on the enemy.

turul

Augur
D:OS - Around level 10, I was totally uninterested in that game world. Actually I wasn't interested at lvl4, but I just pushed myself to play on and hoping that it will get better. It didn't.
Gothic 3 - played it to a point, when the graphics got corrupted and the NPC's I talked to was only a head with a missing body. I played it not long after first release.
Baldur's Gate / Fallout Tactics/ - I managed to play them for about 10hrs. It was a busy time of my life and I just had no time for anything. Nowadays, I just can't get into a game, that requires 50hrs to get anywhere.
Dark Souls - dying simulator..I don't care, played it for 1 hour and uninstalled.
Unlike others, I've finished Oblivion, Skyrim, KOTOR 1 and 2 and the Dragon Age games. For those who didn't finish them...drumroll......you didn't miss anything.

I've finished most of pre-2010 games I started, but lately I can't even find a game I want to play, let alone finish.
Steam is a dumpster container filled with poorly made games by amateurs.
GOG - either played them already or don't care or turned off by primitive graphics/outdated gameplay
Origin - Corporate asshole of the gaming world, filled with pointless dlcs and addons for garbage games from the get-go. If you have the urge to waste your money and if you don't want to clog your toilet with 100 dollar bills, then you go Origin to throw your money away.

The last game I played extensively, was The Witcher 3 and finished it, although the last 10hrs of it was a drag and completely unsatisfying. Should have stopped playing, before going to those islands. I just rushed through. Anyone who didn't finish, you aren't missing anything special, don't finish it.

Lately, I just end up downloading a mindless shooter and play it for 30min and be done with it.
I was looking forward Elite: Dangerous, but it's just another pointless grind fest for no purposes, in an empty and shallow galaxy.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I played some older M&M and they were just... grinding. Never finished any.

Ultima VII, because I get headache from it. It begins after around 15 minutes of gameplay and is quite annoying about 30 minutes in. Moreover, my eyes feel uncomfortable all the time when I am playing it. This is the only game I ever had this, I guess it's because of the camera. There is a difference in perspective how you see a gameworld and characters and I guess my brain cannot adapt to different view angles of objects at the same time.

Skyrim, because that game is a genuine piece of boring crap. Not even mods can save it, and I actually finished Oblivion, liked some quests in it and had some fun. Skyrim is just as bland as staring at a wall. I am somewhat addicted to RPGs and I finish them even if they are bad, but Skyrim is a new level of ennui.

Mass Effect 2, although I finished the first one. While the first ME was still mediocre, ME2 was just damn boring. I didn't care about anything in this game, everything was just shallow, moreover controls were pissing me off, so I dropped it.

Avernum and Avadon, because these games are just boring turn-based hack'n slash. I don't care about the setting that much, it's just another boring fantasy, really. I dropped games in both series pretty soon after starting them. Just boring.

Dead State was shallow too, and I really dislike zombies. I only played demo, and I didn't like it.

Arx Fatalis, while I like the atmosphere and combat, stupid level design known from TPP/FPP games from 90s is annoying to me. Moreover, fucking magics, men, what the fuck. Still, I might try to play it again some day, because overall the game was okay.

Ultima Underworld, although I don't remember why. It was a long time ago. I am going to replay it sooner or later, because it was quite fun actually.

Underrail as a beta. Fuck trash mobs. Seriously.

Inquisitor, same as above. The game looked promising, but constant shit combat killed it for me.

Legend of Grimrock, but I had fun for a few hours. I don't like blobbers much though, so in the end it because tedious and I dropped it.

I've also never finished Daggerfall, but that game was pretty fun, I just didn't care about the main storyline.

I have also dropped every fucking jRPG because they are all shit. I bought FF III, VI, VII and VIII for my Playstation many years ago, hearing how amazing this series is, and I really loved cRPGs, so I was certain I'm going to have many hours of fun. Oh, how wrong I was. All FF were fucking shit with no redeeming qualities. I also tried some other jap fag-playing games, but they were also shit, even though not as bad as FF.

Wiz 4:
(attempt 1): Great, it's my 11th birthday and Mummy got me the next game in the series I like so much! Can't wait to get back into the old rpg party-based adventuring. OOH COOL YOU GET TO PLAY AS THE BAD GUY FROM WIZ 1!! THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!! Wait, how do I turn on the light? Where's my light spell? I...I....(cries_

(3 months later): Let's give this another try...ooooh....you wait for one of your summons to cast light randomly in combat and that can get you through the first area. Aren't I clever? Ok, let's play this thing (swift and repeated wtf-pwnage). AAGGHH

(3 years later): Ok, I'm not so little any more, I know a thing or two about tactics, and I've.....wait, cosmic wtf where the fuck am I I don't even know where to look for the stra....FFFUUCCCK

(3 years and 1 week later): Ok, I've borrowed my friend's maps, we've compared notes and found where we've gone wrong. This time we're making a joint effort, two heads are better than one and all. Wow, we're really going well this time, Werdna is smashing all the trash mobs, cool vampire summons, I reckon we've got the hang of this ga....WHAT THE FUCK TREBOR'S GHOST!!!! (cheater's reload, i.e. copying over from a backup disk that takes about 30 min to do) WHAT THE FUCK TREBOR'S GHOST!!!! (again....) WHAT THE FUCK TREBOR'S GHOST!!!!! (again...) ok, different path, we can't fight that guy it's just an insta-death. Let's go the other way...DID HE JUST COME THROUGH THE FUCKING WALL AT US?? FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!

I did eventually finish it. With the help of a cheatbook given to me be a family friend (walk of shame).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom