Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - going full sci-fi

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Raven is responsible for this.
So many people posting "they're reliable studio, won't be shit that's good news".
Fkn big nosed necros....
Wait, Raven is developing this?!
:negative:

Well, if nothing else... at least it's a step up from working on additional MP content for other developer's CoD games.

Nah, it's Infinity Ward. Raven are making the accompanying Modern Warfare Remastered edition.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Raven is responsible for this.
So many people posting "they're reliable studio, won't be shit that's good news".
Fkn big nosed necros....
Wait, Raven is developing this?!
:negative:

Well, if nothing else... at least it's a step up from working on additional MP content for other developer's CoD games.

Nah, it's Infinity Ward. Raven are making the accompanying Modern Warfare Remastered edition.

Ah, right. Can't see difference between each CoD title (except era).
Still don't like that Raven ended as a slave for shit production.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Great, can't wait for more cinematic VISRUL corridor action.

Gerrard

Arcane
Would be great if they removed the infinitely respawning enemies while they're at it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Is the remake going to be released as a stand alone too or just packaged with the new one?

Leechmonger

Arbiter
The graphics look like shit. That first half of the trailer look like a poor man's version of Killzone. Zooming in on shitty textures was a "ballsy" move on their part.

turul

Augur
Zooming in on shitty textures was a "ballsy" move on their part.

It's built for the next generation consoles in mind.

Anyway, it's 60% cutscenes, just like every one of them.
A corridor shooter, requiring no more than a working pointing finger on the mouse.
This is your basic skill set and level of intelligence required to play CoD games:
LQxThih.gif

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Why do all you fags want the popular shooters to return to WW2?

I'd love to see some WW2 games where you aren't the western allies, or Soviets fighting Germans (Soviets vs. anyone else is fine).

The Machurian campaign deserves a game simply for all the crazy weapons that were made in China during the time period.

Last edited:

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Chinese front could be great, yeah. As long as you have balls to let the player do the slaughter in Nankin.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do all you fags want the popular shooters to return to WW2?
WW2 shooters are not inherently bad. In the past they were overdone, it was good to put them to rest. But now, after more then a decade, with the new tech and ideas, having a WW2 shooter would be a breath fresh air. Just like modern shooters are not inherently bad, but they should be put to rest now, after milking them for so long.

Soulcucker

Savant
CoD4 remaster looks like it is using a better and different engine than Infinite Warfare, or it could just be better art direction. Infinite Warfare looks like a step back from Advanced Warfare in terms of the engine, wonder if there is still infighting between the main CoD developers (old IW and Treyarch had some public spats) since engine Tech varies game to game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lots of anger these days, isn't there? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ss-downvotes-infinite-warfares-reveal-trailer

Call of Duty fan campaign mass-downvotes Infinite Warfare's reveal trailer

Call of Duty fans are downvoting the Infinite Warfare reveal trailer in their droves - at the time of writing, the video has 177k upvotes and 307k downvotes after 7.8m views.

jpg

There seem to be a few factors in play.

Some Call of Duty fans are upset the game is set so far in the future - despite the increasing sci-fi slant in other recent entries. There are others upset the game looks, in their eyes, similar to other futuristic shooters.

There are also those upset that this year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remaster, which features a return to the franchise's popular roots and absolutely no spaceships, is reserved just for those who purchase Infinite Warfare's pricier Legacy, Legacy Pro or Digital Deluxe editions. Reddit, although we've updated Infinite Warfare with the most recent figures.

jpg

But for all the initial discontent, whether any of this translates into a lack of sales come November is another matter.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why not just keep playing the last year's CoD then? CoDtrads, CoDtards never change. Most of them will buy it anyway.

free999enigma

Learned
-"You see that?"
-"NO!"
-"What is it???"
-"It's Elite Dangeros...no..it's Star Citizen....no....it's a new game who follows the trend...actualy,yes it is..."
-"Ohh...i know what is then....Hello you too new Bullshit COD game...."

Yes Guys,for me this new Call of Duty Infinite Warfare it's only a game who try to be a game who follow this new "Space" trend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom