Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is this the right thread for bugs now?
Yes. Same lady with a different dress. :)

I've noticed that when attacking with a two-handed weapon while a buckler is equipped the extra .5 strength damage bonus is lost. Is that a feature or a bug? :)
A vanilla bug, fixed for v1.0.9 :)

I'm probably confused again. There seems to be an awful lot of NC in the "no NC" version of Co8.
That's why it's labeled Standard and not "Non-NC" :P

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7737

You can disable much of 'involuntary' NC in co8_config.ini (though I think that file may have to be relocated now with Temple+).

Banichi

Novice
I've noticed that when attacking with a two-handed weapon while a buckler is equipped the extra .5 strength damage bonus is lost. Is that a feature or a bug? :)
A vanilla bug, fixed for v1.0.9 :)
Yay :) although with attacks cancelling the AC bonus bucklers don't look terribly useful compared to Combat Expertise.

I'm probably confused again. There seems to be an awful lot of NC in the "no NC" version of Co8.
That's why it's labeled Standard and not "Non-NC" :P

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7737

Heh, "Many players don't even know that they are mods."

I'll try to keep that in mind. This is my first non-Co8 playthrough that managed to leave Hommlet.

sneakycold

Novice
Hi guys just wanted to ask if is it normal to alt + click to sell "not sell-able" items to merchants? also why does some of my custom portraits are rotated 180 degrees?

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
> I'm probably confused again. There seems to be an awful lot of NC in the "no NC" version of Co8.
I am not really into that either to be honest.

> also why does some of my custom portraits are rotated 180 degrees?
That might be a bug. How did you add your custom portraits? Can you attach them somewhere?
We only tested the image loading routines with the TGA files that ship with the game. If you added custom files, it's possible our routines don't account for sth special about them. Can you upload the exact files you are using somewhere? (Don't upload to imgur or some other image hosting service, since they will modify and convert the files)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I've used the IWD portrait pack without issue and so has Heinous Hat so I doubt it's a strictly speaking a bug. That said there might be a different behavior wrt "invalid" portraits, like ones that lack the transparency layer or whayever it was that ToEE required.

As for alt-selling items that normally wouldn't be bought, I guess it's technically a bug, but I personally like being able to get rid of such items conveniently (usually when you press "Loot All" and as a result loot worthless items like boots or clothes), so I think I'll keep it that way.

Last edited:

Nicebrain

Educated
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
My paladin does not seem to get any spells per day, I did not get any at level 4 anyway. But that was version 1.07 or older, today at version 1.09 when I got to level 5 no new spells to cast showed up.
I can see the spells in the spellbook, but I cant memorizer any of them.
Fixed (v1.0.10)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
My paladin does not seem to get any spells per day, I did not get any at level 4 anyway. But that was version 1.07 or older, today at version 1.09 when I got to level 5 no new spells to cast showed up.
I can see the spells in the spellbook, but I cant memorizer any of them.
Ah, it's because of that weird thing where they get a base of 0 spells for levels 4-5. Fixed for next release (1.0.10).

Aothan

Magister
I'm troubled no one else is playing enough Paladins to note this before now (my game is still crashing at startup)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm troubled no one else is playing enough Paladins to note this before now (my game is still crashing at startup)
Have you submitted a logfile / crashdump? I don't recall that you have, and we can't help you otherwise.

Aothan

Magister
not as of yet, originally I first checked the forums and found similar earlier complications reported from another poster so I've waited to see if their fixes also applied but as of update 1.07 there is still a crash within two or so minutes of startup. Once I have a little more time I'll try a few attempts and then afterwards if nothing else can work send in a crash file

Dr. Bak

Novice
Temple+ Changelog 1.0.9
New Feats Added:
  • Sharp-Shooting
  • Divine Might
  • Reckless Offense
  • Superior Expertise
As I recall these feats are not core, so some expanded content accessible through SRD is already implemented.
Many rpg boards tend to make a distinction between core and SRD since the latter contains some 3.0, psionic and other 'less-tested' material.
I would say these 4 feats specifically are not game-breaking (not in the same fashion as Knock-Down is) but i understand some players would like to choose to include non-core improvements, maybe as a module.

Aothan

Magister
Have you submitted a logfile / crashdump? I don't recall that you have, and we can't help you otherwise.

just started a game with the 1.07 patch, in-game update went to 1.09 and this appears to have solved the early crash problems from before

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Temple+ Changelog 1.0.9
New Feats Added:
  • Sharp-Shooting
  • Divine Might
  • Reckless Offense
  • Superior Expertise
As I recall these feats are not core, so some expanded content accessible through SRD is already implemented.
Many rpg boards tend to make a distinction between core and SRD since the latter contains some 3.0, psionic and other 'less-tested' material.
I would say these 4 feats specifically are not game-breaking (not in the same fashion as Knock-Down is) but i understand some players would like to choose to include non-core improvements, maybe as a module.

Fair enough. I'll keep those in, however, since some people might have picked them already and I don't want to ruin their game. In the future I intend to handle things of that nature via a 'House Rules' configuration page.

On that note, I'm currently expanding the list of craftable item effects - are the ones listed below core or not?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm

Dr. Bak

Novice
I think it's safe to say that all features listed under the column 'Core Rules' of the d20srd homepage come from the core rulebooks.
The only exceptions would be the following:
-swift/immediate action rules (from Miniatures Handbook)
-the Razor Boar and Skorpionfolk monsters (from Monster Manual II)

So the answer is yes, all magic weapons that you linked are core.

Gramfist

Barely Literate
How do I get the game to use a higher resolution? When I launched the game from the Temple+ installer everything was nice and small but, when I ran it afterwards from the game shortcut on my desktop, it went back the old resolution. Did I not install Temple+ right or do I have to run it from the installer each time I play the game? Or is there something else I have to install to get a better resolution? Thanks in advance.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
How do I get the game to use a higher resolution? When I launched the game from the Temple+ installer everything was nice and small but, when I ran it afterwards from the game shortcut on my desktop, it went back the old resolution. Did I not install Temple+ right or do I have to run it from the installer each time I play the game? Or is there something else I have to install to get a better resolution? Thanks in advance.
You shouldn't have to reinstall. Can you post a logfile? When you open the configuration utility from the start menu, what does it say? Also, are you perhaps using or have used a "manual" Temple+ installation (unpacked files to ToEE folder, as it was in the beta)?

gates007

Novice
Hi, thanks for the hard work. I am only getting update upto 1.0.9. I see the change log is at 1.0.10. Has the download been updated to 1.0.10? Thanks

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Haven't released 1.10 yet, it'll be out this Friday. We'll generally be releasing on Fridays so we have the weekend to issue hotfixes if needed.

Dr. Bak

Novice
Bug Report
Windows 10, Co8 8.1.0 Standard, Temple+ 1.0.9

- Stunning Fist doesn't state any prerequisite in the feat selection panel, but it might be just a typo
Fixed for 1.0.20

- Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, Reckless Offense, Quick Draw and Exotic Weapon Proficiency are selectable as 1st level feats for a wizard, even if they require +1 Base Attack Bonus at least
doesn't happen in vanilla
Fixed for 1.0.20

- Wizards are proficient in all simple weapons, even if they should be proficient in only 5, this makes Simple Weapon Proficiency feat redundant (and can't be selected)
doesn't happen in vanilla
Fixed for 1.0.14

- Wizards must select 2 spells when they level up but if all the spells up to that level are already known, the character gets stuck in the level up panel, since it cannot skip the spell selection step. here's a savegame
Fixed for 1.0.15 (will allow you to skip spell selection if your level 1 Wizard has over 20 level 1 spells)

Lilyanne has been too greedy and now she'll stay a level 1 pawn for the rest of her life. :smug:

Banichi

Novice
(TemplePlus v1.0.9, vanilla GoG - no Co8)

1. My PCs don't seem to have movement limited by (spider cast) webs, despite failing saving throws and/or strength checks. Seen both cases happen at either deklo grove or the moathouse tower. They do get a -4 DEX penalty when webbed. (both PCs are dwarves fwiw)
Vanilla bug, (re)fixex in 1.0.10

2. AoO trip attacks vs. opponents standing up from prone - I think this is now intended to be a "normal" attack, but it does a touch attack (as if starting another trip attempt), the attack roll details show "Touch Attack" and the AC bonuses omit Natural Armor and similar. The result of the "hit" doesn't cause a trip attempt and shows nothing in the combat log. There's a brief "0 hp" floater above the target.
Fixed in 1.0.10

2a. If both PCs have AoO trip attacks enabled and both do an AoO against the same opponent then if the first succeeds the second will still attempt to trip the prone target. It would be convenient if the second did a normal attack at that point :)
Fixed in 1.0.10

relic

Literate
Does Preston Wentz no longer give you a "heads up" regarding the Rannos and Gremag ambush? I'm playing on top of the Co8 8.1.0 NC with TemplePlus v1.0.9 from the original game CD.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

1. My PCs don't seem to have movement limited by (spider cast) webs, despite failing saving throws and/or strength checks. Seen both cases happen at either deklo grove or the moathouse tower. They do get a -4 DEX penalty when webbed. (both PCs are dwarves fwiw)
This just happens to be a bug that was fixed in Co8, heh. "Refixed" it now for vanilla players.

Does Preston Wentz no longer give you a "heads up" regarding the Rannos and Gremag ambush? I'm playing on top of the Co8 8.1.0 NC with TemplePlus v1.0.9 from the original game CD.
The script is still there. FOr it to trigger you have to buy the house, and two days have to pass from when you talk to him while being a "Target of Revenge". It's possible that the second time you talk to him has to be in the same place for the two days time event to trigger.

On an unrelated note, v1.0.10 (out now) will log the to-hit rolls in your modules\toee folder. Should settle the old RNG accusations issue once and for all, hehe.

Last edited:

Banichi

Novice
The in-game memory of explored area for fog'o'war is glitchy. Occasionally big diamonds of black will reappear in places that have already been thoroughly explored. This doesn't affect the mini-map view. This happens frequently at Emridy Meadows but I'm sure I've experienced it in at least one other location too. You don't have to leave the area (or save/load as far as I remember), just wander around elsewhere in the area and when you scroll around some blackness has developed.

Fixed 1.0.41

relic

Literate

This just happens to be a bug that was fixed in Co8, heh. "Refixed" it now for vanilla players.

The script is still there. FOr it to trigger you have to buy the house, and two days have to pass from when you talk to him while being a "Target of Revenge". It's possible that the second time you talk to him has to be in the same place for the two days time event to trigger.

On an unrelated note, v1.0.10 (out now) will log the to-hit rolls in your modules\toee folder. Should settle the old RNG accusations issue once and for all, hehe.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Sitra Achara! I think I was talking to him outside and then in his house.

Loving Temple+! I can't wait to get to some higher levels to test out all the new monk abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom