Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
no, you just need to git gud or are u casul?

but can you really blame these idiots? i mean, bandai namcos marketing is trying really hard to appeal to them, so anturally they are a big part of the fandom.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Let's be honest, those games are not even that hardcore. They never meant to be hardcore. There's a ton of more difficult game out there.
Why peculiarly souls series suffers from this faggotary?

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
you have to compare dark souls not to "real" games, but to casual stuff like skyrim or a fable. then you see very quickly where the "its so diffcult lol" people come from. then of course there is the marketing latching on to that and shitting out the "prepare to die edition".

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Because it's not just difficult, but also a good/popular game? Nobody is going to meme about how hardcore IWBTG is because hardly anybody plays it. Lots of people play this series, including shitty people that start whinging about how everyone is being elitist when they don't get sympathy for dying like an idiot. You want a fucking medal because the game killed you when you didn't examine the ceiling when you walked in the room? Too fucking bad.

janior

Arcane
Patron
you have to compare dark souls not to "real" games, but to casual stuff like skyrim or a fable. then you see very quickly where the "its so diffcult lol" people come from. then of course there is the marketing latching on to that and shitting out the "prepare to die edition".

It's sad because it creates false image of the game.
I appreciate DS for a lot of diffrent reasons and difficulty is on the bottom of that list.

Normies got their most hardc0re gaem i guess.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i have been lamenting that for the last three games.

ironically, the game sponsored by sony is the least unoriginal cashgrab out of the bunch.

DramaticPopcorn

I appreciate DS for a lot of diffrent reasons and difficulty is on the bottom of that list.

So, your reasons for appreciating the game are better than someone else's, then?

This is the person complaining about elitism, folks <:^)

janior

Arcane
Patron

So, your reasons for appreciating the game are better than someone else's, then?

No, it's ok, just stop blabbering about how hardcore you are on the internet, k.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
you might have noticed we are on a RPG forum, so if a game does away with the RPG part and becomes a dumb 2 button action game i , hopefully understandably, get a little butthurt.

and that is before you factor in that dark souls 3 in particular is an unfinished mess with a million bugs that has the audacity to sell a season pass.

DramaticPopcorn

you might have noticed we are on a RPG forum, so if a game does away with the RPG part and becomes a dumb 2 button action game i , hopefully understandably, get a little butthurt.

and that is before you factor in that dark souls 3 in particular is an unfinished mess with a million bugs that has the audacity to sell a season pass.
It's like 1000% better than most action games on the market these days? And that's like just your opinion mang, it's a solid enough experience offline. No worse than any other souls game at release

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Since my previous explanation seems to have gone over your head, let me sum this up preschool style.

"This game is too hard! It's bullshit!"
"It's really not, you're bad at video games."
"Elitist scum! Dark Souls fans are cancer!"

Murk

Arcane
I can't watch that (combat footage) for 2 minutes, and people spend hours doing this shit? Jesus christ, I'm starting to believe ADHD is caused by video games.

typical user

Arbiter
Filthy fucking casuals detected

Im not saying turning that crap off or those mobs are hard but plain annoying. I got gud long ago. Maybe if you were hit through walls or have your poise broken while wearing Havel's then you would change your mind about them. That Ballista in Smouldering Lake is just annoying and tedious to turn off to explore area in peace. Even more when you have completed the area but have to backtrack for a ring and turn it on.

I only use wikias articles for anything I may have missed along the way. The only thing which I looked in advance was when (not where exactly but name of area) I could find certain weapons and what happens when I ring the bell in Archdragon Peak.

Declinator

Arbiter
I can't watch that (combat footage) for 2 minutes, and people spend hours doing this shit? Jesus christ, I'm starting to believe ADHD is caused by video games.
You talking about that Ninja Gaiden 2 footage? Why would that cause ADHD? In NG2 you probably have to concentrate harder and for longer periods of times than in Dark Souls after all.

Let's be honest, those games are not even that hardcore. They never meant to be hardcore. There's a ton of more difficult game out there.
Inside the action genre Dark Souls is pretty difficult I'd say. Comparing it to some pitiful sidescroller/platformer is a moot point but inside its own genre what is there that is more difficult? I have played the likes of DMC3, NGB, NG2, and God Hand and while I haven't played them on the hardest modes (since some asshole always decides that the highest difficulties must be unlocked by going through the game multiple times) I'd say that on their default or highest available difficulty setting from the start none of them except possibly NG2 were more difficult than Dark Souls and none of them had bosses as difficult as the Souls series. Perhaps one could say that the average difficulty is higher in the Ninja Gaidens but the peaks are lower. That said, the other games mentioned (aside from DMC3) are more "twitchy" (i.e. you need faster reactions).

Murk

Arcane
You talking about that Ninja Gaiden 2 footage? Why would that cause ADHD? In NG2 you probably have to concentrate harder and for longer periods of times than in Dark Souls after all.

Because there is a ton of shit going on, constantly. ADHD medicine is a stimulant. You know, like the constant visual stimulation of that video. Hence the joke.

Stabwound

Arcane
I bit the bullet and started this game. I tried DS1 when it first came out, but it worked pretty shit on my computer and it didn't really grab me, and the whole "butting your head against the wall over and over" thing was a turn off.

I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to spoil myself, so I'm just plodding along. I started a Knight and will probably end up with a shit character but them's the breaks.

The first boss took me a good 10 tries, and now I'm getting consistently fucked over in the middle of the High Wall of Lothric. The big guy with the huge shield and spear I have no idea how to kill so I just try to run by him.

I doubt i'll have the patience to finish this but it's fun so far.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I bit the bullet and started this game. I tried DS1 when it first came out, but it worked pretty shit on my computer and it didn't really grab me, and the whole "butting your head against the wall over and over" thing was a turn off.

I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to spoil myself, so I'm just plodding along. I started a Knight and will probably end up with a shit character but them's the breaks.

The first boss took me a good 10 tries, and now I'm getting consistently fucked over in the middle of the High Wall of Lothric. The big guy with the huge shield and spear I have no idea how to kill so I just try to run by him.

I doubt i'll have the patience to finish this but it's fun so far.

When in doubt...Run away or...

git gud, scrub!
:troll:

Zep--

Perkel

Arcane
Played ninja gaiden sigma. It is pretty good but challange in that game comes from garbage camera coupled with garbage special effecto muzzle flash bang bang and not actually applying any tactic.
Controls on other hand are tight but the more enemies get on screen the more clauster fuck it becomes.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
DMC3 is harder than all Souls games. It's only after DMC3SE made "easy" the default difficulty (while still calling it normal) and introduced pre-boss checkpoints that you can argue that Souls is more difficult. Souls games still have way more ways of cheesing through difficult stuff than DMC3.

The xbox version of Ninja Gaiden is also harder than Souls.

On their normal difficulties Bayonetta and God of War are both easier.

Murk

Arcane
The "so hardcore and hard" angle is a marketing gimmick directed at people who will play the game once or twice and then move on to the next thing. People who play the game past the 100 hour mark are the lunatics to whom difficulty does not even register because they've memorized every boss move already.

The fuck is so hard to understand about that.

Ivan

Arcane
DMC3 is harder than all Souls games. It's only after DMC3SE made "easy".

The fuck you talking about? I love DMC3 but in that game you can use healing items by pausing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom