Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah you can run and hide behind it but then the croc-dog will jump on you while you're exploring the marshes under the bridge :D

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
but with a boss like Aldrich they get buttblasted that one run he won't use the arrow spam at all and another he'll toss it three times in a row. So basically one of them has developed the notion that beating a given boss solo is entirely luck dependent and with Aldrich he tries to homeward bone out as soon as he pulls back for the arrows.
Well it certainly may seem that way because a lot of bosses have a complex moveset that trigger when specific conditions are met. Although there probably is some randomness with certain moves.
IIRC Aldrich
refrains from using his arrow spam if you stay close to him.

Dyskolos

Cipher
But you can cheese him easy in the marsh if you have no self-respect. Just sprint for the sewer opening that leads to Siegward in the kitchen and snipe him from the tunnel since he can't fit through the entrance. He'll disappear after a few hits but you can bait him back by running into the marsh again and he keeps the same health bar so a few rounds kills him.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I tried some red orb pvp in undead settlement and from 20+ invasions all were with ganks.

The only time I won was when the host jumped in some pit by mistake. On the other hand I won everytime I was invaded :)

Dyskolos

Cipher
I tried some red orb pvp in undead settlement and from 20+ invasions all were with ganks.

I've been having the same about everywhere I tried. Behind Pontiff Suhlyvahn and at Anor Londo are the only half decent places I'm finding and even those are a crapshoot. Even with forced invasion from the red eye orb it seems mostly to be people standing outside the boss doors trying to summon and gone by the time you get there.

Murk

Arcane

praetor

Arcane
IIRC Aldrich

i can confirm it's not true. hugged him many times and he used arrows many times (first time he killed me was when i hugged him and he did his arrowspam for the first time... i didn't know what it was so i rolled to the side, the arrows caught me and stunlocked to death. "good" times)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
IIRC Aldrich

i can confirm it's not true. hugged him many times and he used arrows many times (first time he killed me was when i hugged him and he did his arrowspam for the first time... i didn't know what it was so i rolled to the side, the arrows caught me and stunlocked to death. "good" times)
There's probably some luck involved IDK,
but he usually uses his bow when you're either too far away or hugging him, if you keep a small distance and you're within his scythe range, he'll go for his routine swing attacks which you can avoid, get behind him, land a couple of hits and then back up a bit again so he'll either do another swing, or teleport. That's not really easy to do and maybe it's not foolproof, but my mage guy was insta-killed by the arrow rain in the second phase, so I just really needed to avoid that.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The arrows are super obvious anyways, the windup on that attack takes forever. Though I can see the second phase version being annoying if it targets your incompetant buddy and he drags them onto you.

Lambach

Arcane
Finally finished the damn thing today. Soul of Cinder really was a great fucking boss to close the series. That Gwyn theme that started playing during the second half of the fight.... completely unexpected and right in the feels, man. Right in the fucking feels.

hqdefault.jpg

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah I don't know why I thought DS3 might grab me when the original didn't. As much as I want to like it, I don't. It feels like trial and error and having to play though the same areas over and over and over to make 5% more progress and do it again is just not fun.

I guess I'm just not hardcore enough of a gamer!!!!!! Back to Super Pokemans Rainbow!

Lambach

Arcane
OH MY GOD THEY REPASTED A 6 YEAR OLD BOSS MY DORK VIBES HNNNNNNGH

Nasty little faggot.

Ya know, if this were your run-o-the-mill forum, I might've even replied in a serious fashion. But this is the 'Dex, where every dumb cunt thinks he can out-edge the other dumb cunt, so I'll just post the theme to give you menstrual cramps.

(he's even kinda doing the thumbs-up on the thumbnail :lol:)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I don't know why I thought DS3 might grab me when the original didn't. As much as I want to like it, I don't. It feels like trial and error and having to play though the same areas over and over and over to make 5% more progress and do it again is just not fun.

I guess I'm just not hardcore enough of a gamer!!!!!! Back to Super Pokemans Rainbow!
Well DS1 is easier than DS3, especially in the bosses department. But really co-op is part of the game too, so just summon some dude to help you.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

This isn't the norm.. Like there are tricky parts in the game but if you are scratching and crawling to get anywhere.. Probably time to start co-oping.. I wouldn't have fun doing that either.

Mozg

Arcane

You can do eet stabbbb

or not, whatever, it's a game.

Murk

Arcane
Stabwound if you need help m8 lemme know where/what SL you are and i probably have a char in range

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom