Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Update #5

Derelict Hope

Derelict Generations

Derelict Children

Derelict Dreamers

I like the word derelict.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Derelict Hope

Derelict Generations

Derelict Children

Derelict Dreamers

I like the word derelict.

zoolander-derelicte.jpg

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
The ship, I dub it,

Covenant's Promise

Why?

It's built for religious reasons to find the promised land where men will live free of suffering from the troubles of the old world. The name is evocative of both hope and danger; it's a promise of a new lush world versus a threatening reminder of what happened to the people of the old and the new covenant who broke them.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I dunno. The concept reminds me in some ways of that movie Pandorum in some ways, just not nearly as 'Oh shit wtf happened!!!' but rather same thing is kind of happening yet people just go about their normal lives.

Edit: In some ways, that's all people can really do when confronted with something, an idea or a reality that's truly too horrible or terrifying to imagine. They simply can't deal with it or they just shrug their shoulders and say what else is new?
It's like how a chunk of the population would react to a cosmic horror appearing on earth's doorstep. They'd say 'Well, still gotta pay my fucking bills now don't I?' and just trudge on with work.

hivemind

if people are throwing around name suggestions what about just Mayflower ?

VD referenced that ship several times when comparing to the in-game colony ship so it would be thematically appropriate

it probably sounds a bit gay for a video game name but idk

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Mayflower is a pretty good name. Probably the only one on this thread I liked besides the one devs came up with(Sunless world).

Sizzle

Arcane
Then maybe "Starship Mayflower", or something similar, because "Mayflower" by itself sounds like a Puritan simulator :D

Howdy

perturbation
ˌpəːtəˈbeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: perturbation
  1. 1.
    anxiety; mental uneasiness.
    "she sensed her friend's perturbation"
    • a cause of anxiety or uneasiness.
      plural noun: perturbations
      "Frank's atheism was more than a perturbation to Michael"
  2. 2.
    a deviation of a system, moving object, or process from its regular or normal state or path, caused by an outside influence.
    "these shifts and swings in wildlife populations are possibly related to climatic perturbations"
    • ASTRONOMY
      a minor deviation in the course of a celestial body, caused by the attraction of a neighbouring body.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
if people are throwing around name suggestions what about just Mayflower ?

VD referenced that ship several times when comparing to the in-game colony ship so it would be thematically appropriate

it probably sounds a bit gay for a video game name but idk

Starflower.

Or Pillars of Stars.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any news on the dungeon crawler game? Will it be released on this summer?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
This fall, if everything goes well (we've aimed for October from day one). News? It's going well but we don't have much to show yet as pretty much everything (levels, interface, portraits, new critters, weapons, armor, etc) is work in progress. We pushed for functionality first to get to the playable state asap rather than polishing the first level. It's been playable since March, you can fight through the first two levels out of four now, the second level is the biggest. The first level is the intro, you gain skills and some gear, when you're ready you move to the second level controlled by three large gangs. That's where you gain better party members. Level 3 is the final test before the endgame and level 4 is the endgame with a couple of tough fights. Overall, there are over 40 fights at the moment, might get to 50.

At the moment we're working on implementing creatures, allowing the player to place the party members manually before a fight, adjusting combat queue when any factors contributing to the initiative change, tweaking party members following the leader, etc. Basically, all the things that weren't in AoD because it wasn't a party-based game.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This fall, if everything goes well (we've aimed for October from day one). News? It's going well but we don't have much to show yet as pretty much everything (levels, interface, portraits, new critters, weapons, armor, etc) is work in progress. We pushed for functionality first to get to the playable state asap rather than polishing the first level. It's been playable since March, you can fight through the first two levels out of four now, the second level is the biggest. The first level is the intro, you gain skills and some gear, when you're ready you move to the second level controlled by three large gangs. That's where you gain better party members. Level 3 is the final test before the endgame and level 4 is the endgame with a couple of tough fights. Overall, there are over 40 fights at the moment, might get to 50.

At the moment we're working on implementing creatures, allowing the player to place the party members manually before a fight, adjusting combat queue when any factors contributing to the initiative change, tweaking party members following the leader, etc. Basically, all the things that weren't in AoD because it wasn't a party-based game.

I'm very excited about the game and can't wait to purchase it. It's great that you will allow party members placement before fights. God bless you ITS for this and the next content patch for AoD. You will make the autumn great!

:d1p:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom