Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, what's happening in the Russian/Eastern European game scene?

Ermm

Erudite
This has always been my guilty pleasure. Most of the time, I would just watch some videos, read some reviews, but once in a while, I would try to boot up some Eastern European stuff (prob. because I live in a Eastern European-ish country).

I know that Disciples 3 was released in 2012, and Kings Bounty 3 around that time. Any noticeable released/upcoming games from 2012-16, which could at least provide some decent lulz on Youtube? Akella, 1C, Buka or smth. that kind of stuff.

Ermm

Erudite
This is from mid 2000s, but don't say I didnt warn anyone (can cause PTSD).

I present to everyone.....I Am Empty

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When it comes to Polish games, then Gorky 17 and The Witcher series are the best. When it comes to Russian games, The Void and Pathologic are the best. When it comes to Ukrainian games, then STALKER series is quite good. When it comes to Czech Republic games, ArmA series, especially ArmA 2 and Operation Flashpoint are very good. You should play all these games.

Starwars

Arcane
Drinking vodka, smoking cigs, wearing adidas clothing. That's what's happening.

EDIT: Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming from Czech Republic.

Beastro

Arcane
This is from mid 2000s, but don't say I didnt warn anyone (can cause PTSD).

I present to everyone.....I Am Empty

Back when Xfire was around whenever I'd have a game not on their list I'd edit the ini to make it think I was always playing this one.

Felt so bad when they finally removed it. :(

Oh yeah, Kingdomecome deliverance looks cool.

At first glance I read that as "Kingcomrade deliverance"

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You Are Empty is the coolest. I bought it at the bazar for like 10 potato and never regretted a thang.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
World of Tanks Thunder Ships Planes Cuck is happening, Mobile Pay to Win, Microtransaction Performance Art

vitamin

Augur
Metro series is good enough for watching on YT. If you're into strategies than Graviteam (Ukrainian I think) games might be of interest to you.

From upcoming games there is Nemesis: Into Deep Space (Russian cRPG) that looks quite good.

Another Russian game Insomnia - action RPG (demo is available now).

Polish beat'em up - Ruiner also might be fun to play (or at least watch).

And of course there are some good Russian mods for Stalker and Fallout 2.

As for You Are Empty - devs are making a remake of it: Remind of Empty which should be entertaining to watch.

BTW, does anyone know what happened with Russian kind of Fallout game - Novy Soyuz ? Screenshots look nice:

scr52.jpg

scr14.jpg

Severian Silk

They are getting crowded out of the market by all the Kickstarter shenanigans it seems.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They are still digging Fallout, Gothic and Stalker mods.
And recently - Arcanum.

Games? Who cares about rusian games lol.

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
The scene hasn't gained much traction, though 1C Company is still quite powerful. Shame Games Workshop hasn't tossed them a licence to make Warhammer games, Fantasy Wars and Elven Legacy would've been fantastic with an Old World coat of paint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom