Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Bliblablubb

Arcane
for those [...]semi new thers potato
Excuse me? You can NEVER have enough of those. The mere thought that someone might not want another one makes you suspicious... +M

yes you can: it was a reactor, not a catalyst. reactors go into frames, catalysts go into weapons. i have reactors coming through the fucking walls.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, it's the opposite for me. I don't even have a frametato to spare for a companion, new locos and the spacejews alone demanded 6 or so. Weaptatos on the other hand... I have my handful of weapons, don't need any more of those.

Edit: I could trade you a weaptato for your frametato

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes.
:dead:

I've started playing last week I think and somehow I'm not bored of it yet. I'm guessing there is no Codex clan?

Wild Slop

Arcane
There are but we are dispersed. We really should get our player names to pass around to get on our Friends List.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd say yes, because of how amazing the effect is with the chain-aoe weapons (the range increase is also applied to chaining).

but the atomos will gradually lose effectiveness as the enemies grow in power, while the sonicor will not give a fuck about enemies' levels as it flings them around without mercy.
also you have to keep a target in the crosshair for the atomos to do its magic, while with a sonicor you can just run around blindly shooting because ammo is almost impossible to finish and even if you miss the sonicor's ball bounces off walls.
the atomos can be sort of useful against high level enemies only if you build it for blast damage and status percentage, to try to keep the infested (the only enemies which come in packs tight enough) off their feet.

Vaarna_Aarne

With the range mod the Atomos can be a very handy room clearer, and it chains through walls as well. Just aim at a fresh corpse and it keeps on chaining. The main drawback IMO is that it locks its beam at a random spread, so you generally have to adjust your aim after you see where its pointing.

Sonicor actually has higher single target damage potential than Atomos since its projectile and explosion have separate damage, and Sonicor has the added advantage of being able to hit fuck-me-light spots on bosses without actually aiming well.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Sonicor has the added advantage of being able to hit fuck-me-light spots on bosses without actually aiming well.
Fucking SOLD. I hate trying to hit some tiny little weakpoint on the back of a boss jumping all over the place.

Also, I just realized the Atomos is fucking expensive. 90k credits, jesus christ. I'll still probably try it out at some point though with that range booster, seems fun. Or maybe I'll use the primary electric one instead, that seems more useful anyways probably.

Just finished the Second Dream quest. Wow game, bit late to be pulling this shit on me. New mechanics are cool and all, but it totally changes the feel of the game having a new narrator chirping over my shoulder. Free half decent melee weapon was a nice surprise though. Getting real sick of trying to level my shitty Aklato and Heat Sword. Thought they'd be done by now, especially the heat sword considering my fondness for rescue missions that give stupid xp from wardens.

Also pretty happy to have at long last gotten a fucking elemental mod for shotguns. Though it was both a gimpy one (only 60% max) and an awesome one (Nightmare mode with base damage too) it's a huge upgrade either way. Between that and the multishot I got for it as well, I'm tempted to make my next big purchase a good shotgun. Is the Drakgoon as good as it looks?

With the range mod the Atomos can be a very handy room clearer, and it chains through walls as well. Just aim at a fresh corpse and it keeps on chaining. The main drawback IMO is that it locks its beam at a random spread, so you generally have to adjust your aim after you see where its pointing.
pull that magnum force off it. vanilla atomos has 100% accuracy.

Damned Registrations that melee weapon is not "half bad", it's one of the best available, even better than its complete version.
if you want easy xp, join sector, defense or interception missions. draco on ceres is the most used mission for xp, four waves are enough to almost max anything. trust a mr 19, there's plenty xp.
if you want a shotgun, aim for hek/vaykor hek and tigris/sancti tigris. the vaykor hek is one of my favourite weapons, hits like a truck and can easily have a magazine of 11. the sancti tigris is the hardest hitting weapon, it oneshots everything in t4 missions, oneshots trash mobs in the last sortie mission too, it's brutal, but it has a very tight spread and only 2 ammo per magazine, which most of the time you fire together. you'll spend most of your time reloading, but the mobs will spend all of their time dead.
i can sell a vaykor hek for 40p :-" as soon as you reach mastery rank 12. same requirements for the sancti tigris. normal versions haven't these restrictions but of course are less powerful.

then there's the sobek, which is stylish but requires some rare and expensive mods to truly shine, and the kohm which maybe it's not as powerful but has *lots* of ammo and sounds like a tank engine which makes it absolutely hilarious to take along.
the dragkueen is a gimmick, it can be sort of fun but it takes timing and time to be used at its fullest and you're going to lack both in the middle of a fight.

Vaarna_Aarne

"Half decent" melee weapon you say. Broken War is no-contest the best Single Sword weapon in the game and hangs out in the same club with Nikana Prime/Dragon Nikana, Jat Kittag, et al. And yea, like Max said its better than War, its two-hander version. Slap Broken War with Crimson Dervish stance and you have a death factory.

Also IIRC Hek with Scattered Justice augment has higher damage potential than Vaykor Hek. Other "shotguns" worth considering are the beam slicers Phage and Convectrix (to me, Convectrix wins because it isn't constructed from Space AIDS growths) which are the thing that Vicious Spread corrupted mod is made for (since the beams will always combine to pin-point accurate single beam, just start a tiny bit further apart with Vicious Spread).

pull that magnum force off it. vanilla atomos has 100% accuracy.
Nah its 100% in the sense that the beam doesn't wander, but the beam fires and locks down at a random slight angle that's not on the bead. It's not that much of a problem, but it takes a little practise getting used to.

Damned Registrations

My issue isn't a lack of available xp per se, it's a lack of xp I can farm with weapons as shitty as these are. Killing enemies with a max rank gun doesn't seem to give any spillover to other weapons, so my options are basically objective xp or clicking some douche 20 times to get 300 xp. I did just do a spy alert that was giving out large chunks though, maybe I'll keep an eye out for those. They seem to scale with area level much much better than the enemy xp values do.

Unless you meant I should go join a pub and just sit around like a jackass watching people farm shit for me.

Vaarna_Aarne

You should do Spy missions in general, since that's where you get the Cold and Heat Elemental+StatChance combination mods. Toxic version of those is dropped by Void T4 random Corrupted Vor encounter, Electricity versions are from Hive missions' caches in Eris, except for Jolt (pistol) which is sometimes sold by Baro Ki'teer the void merchant.

Endemic

Arcane
Or just run Draco and use primaries to level secondaries + vice-versa.

Damned Registrations

I actually like doing them anyways, aside from one grineer one so far that pissed me off because AFAICT it had only one way to the console, through a door I needed to hack which was guarded by a patrol bot AND a fleshbag. WTF game, thats unpossible to stealth past.

Other than that, I like doing the parkour shit and doing stealth kills where possible. Actually, there seems to be a much much bigger bonus for stealth kills from range than both the game and wiki indicate. I was getting like triple xp on things like elite lancers by headshotting them with the Zhuge from afar, no combo even.

As far as using primary to level secondary etc., that only works until you've finished levelling up the good shit and have an inventory full of max rank good weapons and high rank shit weapons. If I want to level something like the Aklato, I'd have needed to use like a level 10 boar, which doesn't get you very far in even low level missions before running out of ammo, let alone high level ones. Hence the need for spy/rescue missions to get basically free xp with no real weapon equipped at all.

Endemic

Arcane
As far as using primary to level secondary etc., that only works until you've finished levelling up the good shit and have an inventory full of max rank good weapons and high rank shit weapons. If I want to level something like the Aklato, I'd have needed to use like a level 10 boar, which doesn't get you very far in even low level missions before running out of ammo, let alone high level ones. Hence the need for spy/rescue missions to get basically free xp with no real weapon equipped at all.

Well if you're just starting out, then the Boltor or Latron are good choices. Augustus is a decent leveling spot early on. The Tigris and Hek become available at MR4 and deal very high damage per shot (at the cost of range and frequent reloading).

Wild Slop

Arcane
There are tricks to just about every spy room. I can show you what I know if you want. Even though I pretty much only play as Loki, when forcing myself do master the spy missions I had a rule not to go invisible so I would be able to pull off what I learned in all frames.

I think that Grineer one is what I called the "conveyor belt" room and I used to dread doing it. Turns out there are multiple paths and it can be done fast and easy (if you scew up there is a way to get in as well while avoiding the guard and lock). Going all the way to the back and dealing with the guard, probe and lock is the hard way.

And as the others said Draco is for XP. You don't need to use the weapon you are leveling either and the pugs there are all doing the same so don't worry about dying every other minute or anything like that. I wish I had known about Draco long before it came to my attention. The gains! I was astounded

My player name is Doctor-Palooka

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom