Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm nowhere near where I expected the plot to be, one year in. In fact we should be winding the LP down by now and moving on to a new project. Well, that's mostly on me for having a rather troublesome and busy year.

Anyway...

Final tally:

A1 - 5
A2 - 1
Ax - 1
B1 - 0
B2 - 2
C - 4
!C - 1

Post-flop:

A1 - 7
A2 - 1
B1 - 1
B2 - 2
C - 2

lightbane

Arcane
Fear not. If we keep up screwing plots over and over, we'll get to the ending in no time. Although it probably won't be a good one, at least for Erdrick. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Clearing the Walls

Your flight over the battlefield sends a ripple of silence spreading through the armies. But only for a moment, as the single-minded golems pay no attention to your majestic flapping wings unlike the other, more sentient combatants, and take this advantage to stab more human soldiers with their sharpened limbs. Soon the chaos of battle erupts once more beneath you.

“Master! Oh, my Master!” Runde runs towards you as you land, his wet eyes shining with amazement. “You’re back! You’re finally back! There is so much-”

“First things first,” you say, “Give me a report on our current situation. It is a terrible hassle but I suppose I do need to clean up this mess of someone else’s doing.” It wouldn’t be the first time.

“Oh, r-right!” Runde bows and stammers. “This is… the army is Methussian. After months of defending in their own lands, they launched a surprise attack on us. I don’t know how they managed to come so far into our territory without us noticing, but the bulk of our armies are tied up in battles at the front so we were caught off guard.”

“Numbers?” you prompt.

“I’m… not sure,” admitted Runde. “It’s more than I can count.”

“Oh, right.” You shake your head. “Where’s Rin?”

“The Dark Mistress… she was captured by the cloaked ones. It is terrible, Master! Will you be rescuing her?”

“Maybe later,” you say unconcernedly. That idiot. That explains things. The Methussians must have noticed her absence and decided to attack while she was gone. “Well, let’s start off with something light and easy. We will repel the human forces from our fortress, and make them pay for encroaching upon our walls.” Stretching your arms, you prepare to join the battle.

“Wait, Master!” calls out Runde in a hurry.

“What is it?”

“Y-you… you are not clothed. Is that alright?”

You notice for the first time that you are entirely exposed. It seems that your clothes had not recovered from the stone spell the same way that you did.

A. It doesn’t matter. There is nothing you have to be ashamed of, nothing you need to hide from the world. Both enemy and ally alike may partake of your magnificence just for today.

B. You grab the cloak that Runde offers and wrap it around yourself. You are no nudist.

Drawing your fist back, you drive it through the knight, the metal armour crumpling as easily as paper. “Haha!” cries Barbatos. “Too easy!” He seems to be enjoying it. You… not so much. It did not take much to remind you of why diving into the thick of the fighting during a battle was not enjoyable in the least. You are not some battle-minded maniac who particularly likes fighting. It’s tiring, it’s troublesome, and you usually find yourself surrounded by stinking, bloody, sweaty men, which is something that is never fun. There is a slight tingle of excitement running through you whenever you coat your fists and wings with the enemy’s blood, but that is something you chalk up to your angelic physiology. It is not a feeling you desire to encourage.

“Hey, Barbatos, do you have any technique that I can use to clear these walls faster?” you ask.

“Of course I do, boy! Why, you can-“

A sudden fireball splashes against your Spellshield, its force and heat entirely negated by the defensive magic. You sigh. “You know what, forget it. I don’t have the time for it right now. Teach me later.” You snap your fingers and cast a half dozen Whirlwinds. The swirling masses of wind smash into the enemy ranks and hurl them off the walls in all directions. You advance, single-handedly pushing back the Methussian soldiers. The rain of garden-variety Bolt spells from their mages expend themselves harmlessly against your shields. Cries of “carnage pigeon” and the occasional “angel” fill the air, and soon the panic gets so palpable that you can taste their fear. Soon they do not even bother putting up a fight.

Then, horns are sounded and you can see a variety of coloured flags being raised and lowered. The enemies on the wall gather themselves and shouting officers turn what was about to be a panicked rout into a somewhat orderly retreat. As you cast your eyes around the battlefield, you can see a similar sequence of flags being raised in their main encampment. Perhaps it is a form of communication. The slimes and bandits that have been attacking the enemy camp have been entirely repelled; you can only spot bandit stragglers here and there fleeing for their lives, while the slimes are nowhere to be seen.

A. It looks like the enemy armies are being coordinated from their main camp. You fly there to parlay with their leader. If he is smart and amenable to reason, perhaps you might be able to gain something out of this troublesome battle besides a lot of corpses and ruined buildings.

B. They just exposed their most important position to you. You prepare a large scale Gigadyne to scour the enemy encampment off the face of this earth. That should solve things quickly and easily, without putting yourself in harms way.

C. That’s enough effort for today. If they are pulling back, you have the upper hand and should be able to chase them off easily now. You order the goblins to lead the golems in a clean-up charge while you find the best place to rest and watch over them without lifting a finger.

lightbane

Arcane
“The Dark Mistress… she was captured by the cloaked ones. It is terrible, Master! Will you be rescuing her?”

Dammit Rin. At least you managed to keep Lucy alive, so that's something.

You notice for the first time that you are entirely exposed. It seems that your clothes had not recovered from the stone spell the same way that you did.

It seems it is one of those anime and jrpgs' moments. Erd doesn't seem to be bothered in the least and took a while to notice. Perhaps his toughened skin makes him impervious to the weather, kinda live the average Aasimar. Either way, no idea why we would get that choice, unless if it's to make it easier to be identified and/or intimidate even more the enemy commander.

Drawing your fist back, you drive it through the knight, the metal armour crumpling as easily as paper. “Haha!” cries Barbatos. “Too easy!” He seems to be enjoying it. You… not so much. It did not take much to remind you of why diving into the thick of the fighting during a battle was not enjoyable in the least. You are not some battle-minded maniac who particularly likes fighting. It’s tiring, it’s troublesome, and you usually find yourself surrounded by stinking, bloody, sweaty men, which is something that is never fun. There is a slight tingle of excitement running through you whenever you coat your fists and wings with the enemy’s blood, but that is something you chalk up to your angelic physiology. It is not a feeling you desire to encourage.

Erd is not fond of Dynasty Warriors-style games. Perhaps he would thought differently if he fought against all-female squads.

A sudden fireball splashes against your Spellshield, its force and heat entirely negated by the defensive magic. You sigh. “You know what, forget it. I don’t have the time for it right now. Teach me later.”
And clearly he has not noticed his increased resistance. By now he should have been able to no-sell weak spells such as these.
Anyway, I vote for:

1. A>B
2. A

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Erdrick doesn't believe in tanking things with his bare skin if he can help it. If the enemy has some surprise attack that'll penetrate resistances, he rather it surprises his shields rather than his body.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I like the idea of naked diplomacy. Just that my idea of diplomacy differs a bit that of Baltika's.

AB.

Kipeci

Arcane
AA.

The flopping will surely provide an intimidation bonus to the diplomatic option; plus, there's a chance that they might have persons at the camp that we *don't* want to transform into a smear of ions.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
About what I thought would happen if we screwed around on the walls. Bandits gone and possibly most our slimes. If we took out their camp it would have been a full rout on the walls anyway and we could have played negotiater with the survivors. Now we want to fly naked into their main camp, who are still a coherent force, when we could barely handle two heroes by ourself before being sent to idiot purgatory where we missed all the powerups needed to let us walk back into a fully organized hostile force by our lonesome.

AB

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Remember, these are the guys that have tricky group casting that enables them to cast higher level spells like antimagic that renders us unable to cast...

Let's not underestimate these guys...

Our previous efforts at diplomacy while in angel form have yielded...discouraging results, still it would appear to be the most interesting option...

I'm going to go with BB for now though...

They need to learn not to cross us - and the best way to teach them is by turning them into a heap of smoking ashes...

BB>AA

lightbane

Arcane
Remember, these are the guys that have tricky group casting that enables them to cast higher level spells like antimagic that renders us unable to cast...

Let's not underestimate these guys...

Our previous efforts at diplomacy while in angel form have yielded...discouraging results, still it would appear to be the most interesting option...
Actually, those were the Barzamite fanatics. These are Methuss heroes, which we don't know if they have that. Nevertheless, group casting requires a lengthy ritual, so it won't be an issue anyway.

Now we want to fly naked into their main camp, who are still a coherent force, when we could barely handle two heroes by ourself before being sent to idiot purgatory where we missed all the
I'm not sure which 2 heroes are you referencing. If you mean those from the heroes' camp from that ill-fated expedition with the teleportation mishap, Erd had trouble only because he was holding back. If you're referring to those we met upon waking up, they weren't a threat at all. Erd was trapped in that glyph bubble because he couldn't be bothered to break it.

Zwist

Learned
The only problem with Gigadyne is, that everyone for miles is going to see it. So, we are basically telling everyone that we are back.
And that anything of worth is going to go with the camp as well. Information and stuff.
Luckily we got that covered with the adventuresses.
Still the most sane and hassle free option. And honestly, who cares about us announcing our presence?

AA is foolhardy, risky and downright stupid. But if we don't die, it is going to build our legend.
That being said. The entire "I don’t know how they managed to come so far into our territory without us noticing" tells me that there is more.
Probably a certain mage and his companion-stick.
So: Floppy wiener meets rigid staff.
Also: Why the hell wouldn't they at least bring heroes of the same calibre as last time? We didn't even conquer anything.
Still. I want to read this.

C would just create more work down the road. nope.

Fuck it: AA

ps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPm8nox2Yk

lightbane

Arcane
Also: Why the hell wouldn't they at least bring heroes of the same calibre as last time? We didn't even conquer anything.
Since Rin was taken out by the cloakies, perhaps they assumed they would have enough with D-tier heroes. That being said, I agree that vaporizing everything won't give us much loot. I believe I'll swap to A>B A then, although 2B is winning so far.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Only Zayan is irreplaceable. Unless they already got to her we can enjoy ourselves a naked gigadyne.

Tigranes

Arcane
When's the last time Erd has been able to negotiate anything with a hostile force attacking him? I have no idea why we decided on the intervention that has the least immediate outcome on the battlefield, but let's get this over with and then figure out where Rin is and which of our allies survived while we fucked around.

AB

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom