Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Heroes of Jin Yong! (Update VI: 5/12)

jamessee

Novice
金书群芳谱 <<< most difficult mod of this game available, and I mean DIFFICULT.

Tips for this game.

Secret code when choosing the stats for your character = BABERUTH, all stats will be the highest you can get at level one, internal energy white color(Yin+Yang) with smartness 100.

Ye Qiu Quan lvl 10 = godlike, just find some person and hit air with that move to train it. After using it around 60 times you will level it up once.

Zhang Wu Ji is easy to recruit, just go to the top right island, using the boat and take the golden hair, and use it on him. (He's in one of the caves at the top left part of the world map.

The manual that comes when recruiting him is a must learn, adds a lot of stats and the skill is quite strong, hits at the 9 x 9 radius. (I think so, basing this off my memory, haven't played the original for so long.)

The guy wearing blue clothes you didn't recruit at the beginning, he's a major part of the game so recruiting him is recommended

To recruit Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu, you must go to somwhere in the middle of the desert. There are a few mountain-like structures with a small opening somewhere which will allow you to go through, when you enter the cave, you will fight a snake. After winning, talk to Yang Guo and he'll say he is poisoned and needs an antidote.

Use the boat and travel between the middle of the world map and after and behind Zhou Bo Tong's area(further down the river), you'll find a house that's only accessible by boat. Go in, and in the middle of the patch of grass there'll be one item which you can take.

Bring it to Yang Guo and he'll join you, with some items(important stuff = honey).

Bring the honey to Zhou Bo Tong and exit + re-enter, you'll find some bees around him, examine it and Lao Wan Tong will tell you some stuff.

Remember, (130, 254). From there on you can continue the game by yourself with ease. This will also open up the double-hitting manual/Tao Hua Dao storyline.

The monk at the inn, don't bring him back to shaolin, bring him to this place just below the Hong Qi Gong house to help with the chess game, he'll become much stronger and become a worthy member of your team! =)

Hope I helped a little.

PS: don't use the manual you get from Dong Fang Bu Bai. It only add stats and doesn't give you the imba skill that s/he uses.

If there's any minor mistakes with the names, I apologise. My chinese isn't that good but I understand what's happening. =x

MisterStone

Arcane
jamessee said:
PS: don't use the manual you get from Dong Fang Bu Bai. It only add stats and doesn't give you the imba skill that s/he uses.

Oh but I've got to. You know why. :cool:

Sorry for the delays again, I will have a new LP up tonite!

MisterStone

Arcane
Let's Play Heroes of Jin Yong Part VI

Sailin' the High Seas of Revenge!

Eager for revenge and plot advancement, Whitey decides it's time to lead Hu back to Yan Ji, the man who had a missing page from his sabre manual. This guy must have something to do with the death of Hu's father...

z650.png
jy00.jpg
Whitey: Yan Ji, why did you have a page from the "Hu Family Sabre Manual" in your home?

Yan Ji: "Hu Family Sabre Manual"... Oh! That's something I just happened to pick up by chance in Cangzhou when I was younger.

jy01.jpg
Hu Fei: Why did you have a missing page from my family's sabre manual?

z653.png

Yan ji: So the descendant of Hu Yidao has grown to be so big!

jy01.jpg
Hu Fei: When I was little fourth uncle Ping told me that a bone-setting doctor played a part in my father's murder back in the day. Not only that, that bone setter ripped a few pages out of the Hu Family Sabre Manual Could it be... that you are that person!

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: That's right, this guy practices medicine. Last time I was here he wanted to check my health.

Yan Ji: Well, since you two have figured it out, there's no point in deceiving you anymore. That's right, I am that bone-setter!

jy01.jpg
Hu Fei: Why did you want to help Miao Renfeng kill my father?

Yan Ji: Whose fault is it that The Flying Fox of Snow Mountain was in his possession? If I hadn't tricked them into sparring with one another like idiots and put some poison on Miao Renfeng's sword, how could I have had made such a profit with no effort?

jy01.jpg
Hu Fei: You despicable person! You shall pay for my father's life!

Yan Ji: I wouldn't have dared tell you all of this if I were not prepared! Little boy, have a taste of something new of mine, the "seven-heart crabapple!"

z666.png

Of course, Hu is still a big wuss, so Whitey needs to hold his hand through this battle. Doesn't last too long though.

z667.png

Hmm, look at that, I got a crabapple (?) plant. This thing must be super-poisonous. Well, I'll just stick in my backpack next to all of the other medicine.

So that's the end of that jackass Yan Ji. I guess to progress this plotline we'll need to find Miao Renfeng, but I don't know where he is right now. So it's back to wandering at random!

After a big of zipping around the map I find myself at this place...

z668.png

"White Camel Hill"

z669.png

It's just some dude's house apparently. Some dude with a lot of chicks in his bedroom. Sounds like he'd fit in just fine in my party!!

Some chick: Little brother, you're really cute!

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: Hey bro, how come you have some many lovely young sisters in your house?

Dude: They are all my disciples.

[Finally, a kung fu school that isn't a huge gay enclave. Not that there's anything wrong with that... just sayin...]

Ouyang Ke: The is White Camel Hill; I'm the young Master of this place, Ouyang Ke. All of my disciples are beautiful women whom I have selected from all over, who I personally teach "In-the-bed Kung Fu".

[Awwww yeah! This guy belongs with us!]

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: (Is this a mature-rated video game?!) Have you had your fill of them yet? How about you lend me a few?

Ouyang Ke: And just who are you to come here to White Camel Hill and act so rash? If you want to match your in-the-bed Kung Fu with me [NO! NO DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT] then you'll have to first contend with my true martial skill!

[I let Tian Boguang stand aroud in watch, just in case shit gets out of hand.]

z677.png
z678.png
z679.png

[That's right, first the guy tells me he practices a kind of erotic Kung Fu, and the next thing you know, he's flinging this white stuff at me. Anyway, I take care of him without Tian Boguang needing to do anything.]

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: Well how about it then, looks like my kung fu is stronger than yours.

Ouyang Ke: Do you know who I am?

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: Didn't you already tell me you are the young master of White Camel Hill?

Ouyang Ke: But do you know who my great uncle is? He's the person known in jianghu as "The Poison of the West", Ouyang Feng!

115215large.jpg

Dude! You mean Leslie Cheung? No way! Can I get an autograph? Oh.. right...

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: Sounds like someone I don't want to mess with.

Ouyang Ke: As long as you know that much, you've pretty much got it. Well young fellow, your kung fu is not bad at all, how about this: the two of us will get together a few like-minded people, and use whatever means necessary to take out all of the big factions to become the overlords of the martial arts world!

So of course I try to let this guy join my party...

z689.png

Ouyang ke: No good, no good, I can't stand it if we don't have any women companions. Let me know when you've found some women, and then we'll see.

D'OH! He's right, we're a huge salami party right now. There must be some way to fix this...

z691.png

Well, if the clown is to be trusted I can loot at will now. Here I found some "soul-freezing silver needles" or maybe "Icy-spirit silver needles" or maybe.. dammit, you get the idea.

And so Whitey, dissapointed, heads out of White Camel Mountain to quest about in search of plotlines. Reaching into his pocket he finds his trusty compass, and checks his location. You remember what the compass looked like, right?

And suddenly he notices something:

z172.png

COMPASS: PERSONAL LOCATION: 388, 325. BOAT 109, 100

Wait.. boat? BOAT? THere's a boat! I have a M*****F*****G BOAT!? WHY DID I NOT NOTICE THIS BEFORE? *slaps self*

I gotta get on this boat! Boat!!!

So Whitey rushes across the landscape checking his little compass from time to time. Finally he finds himself back in the snowy northeast. After making his way up the coastline, he discovers...

z692.png

Hell yeah! I've got a boat bitches!

z693.png
z694.png

Sailin' sailin'... yeeeehaww...

z695.png

Hmm, what's this place? Looks like every other mountain enclave I've ever

seen. Except this one's on an island.

z696.png

OK, some dude's hut. (Prepares for long speech)

z697.png

This one named Yuan has lived as a hermit beyond the sea. To have a guest arrive today is truly a rare occasion!

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: Brother Yuan, did you come out to live on the ocean by yourself to concentrate on martial cultivation?

Yuan: This one named Yuan no longer wishes to be connected to all of the favors, vengeance and bickering of jianghu

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: I've only just arrived in jianghu. Although I have found that it is a stormy place in which one cannot know the motives of others, I must continue until the end of my journey. As they saying goes, "When a person is in jianghu their life is not in their own hands."

... (blather blather)...

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: I once thought I was a lucky person to have a chance to play in this lifelike game, but I never expected it to be this difficult. Now, I want to go home.

z712.png

Yuan: Although I don't really understand your problems, but when young people meet with difficulties they can't just hang their head and sulk...
...(blather blather)... [Yeah, sorry, I'm missing some screen shots for the dialogue. Not worthy translating all of it no doubt.]

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: [tells Yuan he's looking for the 14 novels]

Yuan: So this is the problem you were talking about. This is no simple matter.

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: It sounds like you have a clue or something?

Yuan: You've got it. The origins of one of the novels, The Jade Blood Sword, lie with me in fact...

SO Yuan gives me three tasks to do. Sadly, I have forgotton what all three are (missing screenshot FFS!), but one of them is to find a "Golden Serpent Sword" in a cave under the mountain where the big "sword conference" will be held. Apparently I need to have very strong kungfu in order to get this sword.

Anyway, enough of this old loser, let's get to sailing the high seas again!

z693.png

z694.png

z722.png

Hmm, another island, another little house..

z723.png

SPIRIT SNAKE ISLAND

Spirit snake island? Hey, the clown told me I can get some practice here!

Alright, where's the action at?

z724.png

Hmm, nobody in here...

z725.png

Aha! And old lady! The clown told me about her...

Old lady: Boy, have you come to my island looking for trouble?

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: No way! I was just wandering about and happened upon this island.

Old lady: Tell the truth! Which sect do you belong to? Why have you come to this island?

jy00.jpg
WHITEY: I have no faction and no sect, I have no master and teach myself; I travel about and cultivate my martial skills, that's all.

Old lady: You go about cultivating your self? Alright then, this old lady will play with you!

z731.png

DO YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE HER? Y/N

I guess that's what she's here for. Alright old lady, I'm not going to feel good about this, but...

z732.png

BASEBAAAAAAAL FIST!

z2224.png

Uh... oh fu-

z2277.png
z2278.png
z2279.png
z2280.png
z2289.png

The glitchy looking blur you see there is the old woman zipping around and beating on Whitey.

z2290.png

Aaaaand... Whitey just got his ass kicked by an old woman!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
MisterStone said:
[That's right, first the guy tells me he practices a kind of erotic Kung Fu, and the next thing you know, he's flinging this white stuff at me. Anyway, I take care of him without Tian Boguang needing to do anything.]

I... never thought of it that way. :lol:

All hail the seven-heart crabapple, the most poisonous fruit in the world.

MisterStone

Arcane

BTW having decided to go ahead and read the spoilers in detail, I can say I found most of this stuff out... after a lot of random wandering about, and in the wrong order. Still haven't given the old man his bees back, but I can do that at will. :)

Also, I sort of f'ed up with the kung fu studying because I didn't have the books I needed but leveled up. But once I got the Subduing Dragon 18 Palm learned it didn't seem to even matter. :cool:

Seriously, when homie can just learn a weapon style that nukes the entire screen with a single action, do I even need powerful allies?

I hate to say it, but it seems balance does not really exist in this game.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's more... fun this way.

At least it is when you go back and fuck over the bastards you couldn't beat before. Feels satisfying.

Thank the fucking Gods this LP still lives. You will definitely need to play the other games in this series.

MisterStone

Arcane
Yah, sorry I haven't been posting it much recently, I've been a bit busier than before. I will be gone next week, but hopefully I can do a new one the following week. I'll try to make it more frequent!

ksck_1992

Novice
RE : Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan aka LEGEND

im currently using windows XP.. I really love this game.. Can anyone send me or teach me how den i could play this game again? PLEASE...
My email add : Ksck_1992@hotmail.com
Please please please contact me via email..
THANKS!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cheap intro of the sequel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-gD2gS5qNk&feature=related
Music 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ag1qTRdrE&feature=related
Music 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-zzg0Dpfw
I like the music, but I'm pretty sure some of them are not originals.
There is even music minigames, eg you first listen to 4 tunes that correspond to the four seasons and they later play one tune and you have to identify the tune to increase your music skill. It starts easy and gets progressively harder until I (who is untrained in music) couldn't catch the subtle differences.
Music can then be use in combat to attack/buff/heal like bards in WRPG.

Lights

Novice
(I had a choice of typing English, or Chinese using the Taiwanese Zhuyin phonetic notation to input Chinese. Since I learned Chinese in the PRC instead of the wicked rebel province, I don't know this phonetic system. And I don't know any non-phonetic input methods. So I typed in an English name. )

I didn't have this option. Any key I press automatically goes towards the Zhuyin notation that I can't understand. How did you set it to accept English letters?

Lhynn

Arcane
Yah, sorry I haven't been posting it much recently, I've been a bit busier than before. I will be gone next week, but hopefully I can do a new one the following week. I'll try to make it more frequent!
Oi faggot, what happened to this LP?

MisterStone

Arcane
Oi faggot, what happened to this LP?

Sorry I both lost interest but mainly had all free time consumed by adulthood/life... I dont even have time to enjoy the recent wave of incline games brought to us by crowdfunding much less this mess of a game. My shame is too much to bear...

:negative:

Don't worry, I more or less exiled myself from the Codex voluntarily.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its a shame. Looks like something id enjoy tho, but as far as i know theres no translation available.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom