Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A - 5
B - 4
C - 2
D - 3

Post-flop:

A - 5
B - 5
C - 0
D - 4

Will tally and close in about 24 hours.

Last edited:

Zwist

Learned
You know what?
I flopping to A.
My addendum doesn't make any sense if I am the only one who swings that way.

Also: floppity flop-flop.

lightbane

Arcane
I believe you are too optimistic, Tigranes. From the Marquis' point of view, we're helping a faction that was attacking them until now. Besides, Sayans Angels are rare and powerful enough to be considered potential WMD, doubly so if one that's actually smart and shows rational behavior. So if the rumors spread, as I said before we will provoke entire armies from every kingdom to move in, whether to capture us, or to exterminate us with absolute zeal. Also, since C is not going nowhere, I'll swap my vote to B>C.

Will tally and close in about 24 hours.
Does that mean we'll start getting two updates per week, as before? Just to know.

wjw

Augur
Wow. Just in time. A. The bombard option is completely horrible. If we wanted to bombard. Why did we enter diplomacy in the first place?

lightbane

Arcane
To check if there was anyone of interest in said camp before killing everyone for the lulz, loot and profit, duh. The human kingdoms of this setting already dislike non-humans (some more than others), so diplomacy is likely to end in failure, more so when there's an unbound Angel going around, for not to mention Marquis himself said this was a bad idea.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Exactly. We came, saw they have no hostages and no females, and decided to nuke them.

It'd be the most sensible course of action - so it shouldn't surprise anyone that half the codex is against it.

Dude freaking tells us why it's a bad idea to let him leave and lemmingdex still can't wrap their brains around it.

lemmings-off-the-cliff-o.gif

archaen

Cipher
Patron
D < C < B
Since we are talking we might as well gain some prisoners and possibly some good information. If not than we should follow his sage advice.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
!A

The problem with these choices often is the following

A. Do Something Retarded
B. Do Something else
C. Do Something else
D. Do something else

So 75% of people agree reasonably that a shrewd calculating enemy general shouldn't be allowed to escape, but disagree on particulars, then 25% choose the dumb option.
Man, were you around when treave did the Legend LP?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

A - 6
B - 6
C - 0
D - 4

Post-flip:

A - 6
B - 7
C - 0
D - 3

Wow. You guys actually gave up a chance at recruitment. I thought I dropped enough "YOUR FORCES ARE STRATEGICALLY INCOMPETENT" lines. :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
They are incompetent, but the way he behaved did not show any promises of sticking around from my perspective.

We can not buy his loyalty, at least he appeared honest and honorable. He sounded loyal to his current employer and appear to be quite successful there. He is cold enough to be strategist and quite smart, so persuasion would be hard especially with no info on him. He is courageous enough to speak to Erd face, so no intimidating him into following. We do not know anything about him, so there is no other hooks to influence his opinion. We do not know what he wants, why he wants it, or who could make him loyal.

Would love to recruit him, but there is simply no angle for it. Unless you are ok with him deflecting on first occasion. I would expect he will do as little as he can to prevent 'enemy' getting stronger. There is the huge problem that if he gets in charge of Erd army he will find out how weak it is and how little we have to work with. He would use that info to maximum efficiency. For now at least enemy will lose most of forces here, so I doubt they will try again any time soon, especially if survivors will speak of pigeon slaughtering most forces in the forest. They do not know if it is coincidence he appeared here looking for good fight, or if he is part of dark lord forces.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well yes, that's the whole point of capturing him? So you can take your time to find out what makes him tick. :M

There are plenty of other officers whose knowledge of Methussian warfare you could have put to use besides the Marquis anyway, and some of them would cave pretty quickly with the right incentives. These weren't Barzamite fanatics you were dealing with.

Kipeci

Arcane
If there was an option to just murder the Marquis outright and spare the others who'd have followed us, I might have taken it. But the Marquis is just way too dangerous to allow to live, I can only hope that we've snuffed him out.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You give him time to pack up and leave and expect him not to have lied to you about those 'heroes' being his only trump card against super-powered beings? :lol:

If the option you really want isn't there you could have just requested it. :M:M

Baltika9

Arcane
Exactly. We came, saw they have no hostages and no females, and decided to nuke them.

It'd be the most sensible course of action - so it shouldn't surprise anyone that half the codex is against it.

Dude freaking tells us why it's a bad idea to let him leave and lemmingdex still can't wrap their brains around it.

:lol:
Who is the lemming now, Lambchop?
:smug: +M

Jester

Arbiter
Well yes, that's the whole point of capturing him? So you can take your time to find out what makes him tick. :M
Guess that is fair, but with him being married to literal princes and him being big figure in kingdom it's unlikely. Kingdom sounded quite peaceful from what I remember. He probably have quite impact on what direction kingdom takes. He sound successful. Yeah I do not see how we can influence him without reveal of secret info, or something like that. Mby playing on Barzamite reputation, but still hard to picture him defecting for real. I might be wrong, but that my conclusion based on info I have.

There are plenty of other officers whose knowledge of Methussian warfare you could have put to use besides the Marquis anyway, and some of them would cave pretty quickly with the right incentives. These weren't Barzamite fanatics you were dealing with.
We are fighting regular army here.

Most of them probably have some kind of family in kingdom and spend most time in it, so it would be betrayal of their family, loved ones and everything they know if they agree. Social pressure of parents, friends, ordinary people hating them would be enormous. Being labelled traitor probably is punishable by beheading, or torture.
From their point of view Angels are totally insane homicidal maniacs wanting to batch in their internal organs. Basically a Stalin, if he would kill people with his bare hands. I do not think they would ignore that fact. I would be thinking whole time that the second they lose it I am dead man and I would leg it first time I believe I could make it (or first time i can depending on my mental state), unless I had no place to run. That's biggest problem.
We are in middle of nowhere, so I imagine living conditions and food are meh probably (nobles mostly, although rest would enjoy good drink etc).
Being monster in their eyes? I would think they classify angels as one of most dangerious monsters here.
Personal honour.

Possible incentive to cooperate are money? Revenge mby? Ambition? Fear of death?
Well they still would be people greedy/ambitious/hateful/cowardly enough to be ready to work with maniac to achieve their goal. Quite dangerous and each have it's own problem. Might be hard to control to.

Lowest rank officers might be more receptive, having less to loose.
Yeah they might not be fanatics, but still they have little reason to cooperate in any form. I expected only few going for it and worst ones at that. Course might be wrong.

lightbane

Arcane
...It seems lately the Codex ends up taking the worst choice no matter what. Oh well, if Erd can kill everyone before they can spread the news, it's okay, even if he's badly hurt in the process. He can regenerate. :M
Plus first things first, we have to rescue Rin, then ally with the non-human kingdoms rather than forcing human prisoners to do so (unless our personal mad scientist invented a mind-control collar).

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm most worried about Zayan. We can recover from having almost all of our military obliterated (the 'advantage' of having faceless, inexperienced drones as the only unit, I guess...) but if she's gone, then we're toast. Might as well ditch the bitchin' tower and just wander the world as a hobo until we find something that we could hijack.

:lol:
Who is the lemming now, Lambchop?
:smug: +M
Lemming chop is wrong from time to time. See sphere diplomacy in Epic for more on this. :M

In all seriousness though, I never thought the recruitment option was a good idea because the guy himself stated perfectly why it was not a good idea to recruit from the enemy.

And while treave did drop hints about how deficient our forces were, those were our forces under the command of Rin.

It is conceivable that we could do better - though not likely as we are the genius commander who just sacrificed our slimes and potentially Zayan in order to defend a useless goblin and a cow.
:retarded:

You give him time to pack up and leave and expect him not to have lied to you about those 'heroes' being his only trump card against super-powered beings? :lol:

If the option you really want isn't there you could have just requested it. :M:M
Who said anything about giving him time to pack up and leave? I thought our character was a miser?

They need to march home now. (And die as soon as our spell is ready.) Anything they leave is ours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom