Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

the synthesis target not registering while they said it had been fixed already?
the portal quests not registering while they said it had been fixed already?
something new in the netcode which has made joining fissure missions a nightmare?
the same fissures not appearing anywhere on the map?
this whole expansion?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The only Junction that you actually have to do is the Earth->Mars Junction, since that's where you get the Void Relic Segment.

Really, the Junction system is more of a feature for new players than us who have already mastered the MEGA SMASHAA or such.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I kinda like the junction system. Instead of just getting taxi'd to the endboss players have to do... stuff... now. And since I never bothered unlocking much of the galaxy I didn't even loose anything.

But 100 void traces to spit polish a relic to radiant? I have to run, what, 8 crappy ones to farm traces before I can polish a good one? :argh:

Inb4 the unevitable "Void Trace carrying capacity" upgrade for only 50-100p on the market...

Vaarna_Aarne

IMO the key thing is to always choose your farm spam correctly, namely with something like high chance Forma BP without refining. Refining is for the times you run with a group where everyone has the same refined relic.

Another thing I've learned is that always bring a Carrier for traces, those bastards are hard to see with all the filters and shit.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with limiting void trace capacity to 100, pretty annoying that you have to keep in mind how many you have not to waste more than necessary (you know gets in the way of having mindless fun). Would it kill them if they let people stockpile them like any other resource?

Anyway update was/is buggy as hell. You weren't getting extra void traces you were told you'll get from people selecting your reward (fixed now). The already mentioned problem with scanning targets (particularly annoying for me because I had to do 3 synthesis scans for mission, that actually went through couple of stages for fixing, initially they wouldn't even spawn in missions). One invasion was impossible to finish for me (I'm not sure if it's this update specific problem, didn't happen to me before though). Literally nothing but capture target spawned and then I couldn't even finish the mission because breach torpedo thing simply wouldn't work (no it wasn't one off issue, every single time exact same thing happened). Sortie reward table not displaying (and there was something with not getting credits?). Alerts saying you'll get R5 fusion only to get R3/4 after finishing mission (sure it's just one core so who cares, point is shit is broken).

As already mentioned survival mission for reactor was silly and not thought out at all. I soloed it with excalibur and covert lethality after 3 tries, changed absolutely nothing between runs. It all came down to getting lucky with life support drops because after initial 1-2 groups nothing would spawn and if you didn't get enough from it then tough luck. I find it funny they called it "Gift", no way in hell new player does this on their own, I happened to be lucky and had covert lethality and frame to go with it. I guess the rest was supposed to fork out cash for plat and buy their covert lethality from Blaine.

I played one archwing mission since update and I have no desire to play any more of it, new movement is shit. I have no idea how it was approved for release. I guess they just pushed out whatever because they promised it.
Yet another annoying thing in this new update for me is that you can't any longer pick what mission you want to do on a node. You'd like to finish your story mission? Well too bad, there is invasion on that node right now. New map in general is less readable.

I was actually disappointed they toned down spawns for fissures. I was getting pretty nice xp from shanking all those bombards.

Refining is for the times you run with a group where everyone has the same refined relic.
Too bad you can't check what kind of relic people are putting in and you just have to take their word for it.

Another thing I've learned is that always bring a Carrier for traces, those bastards are hard to see with all the filters and shit.
Ehh not really, they always drop from eximus enemies, whoever kills the bastard marks traces for everyone else.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, I played one Archwing alert as well to fill my Earth junction.
Screw this.
The camera is so close I had my wings in my face half of the time and almost died against lvl10 (!!!) enemies because I couldn't see the enemies shooting a me, let alone shoot back.

Another thing I've learned is that always bring a Carrier for traces
All the cool kids are using Carriers, like, forever because of Vacuum. If you don't need to worry about missing loot you can concentrate on killing things. And because my dog always dies on the other side of the map.
I know, I know, using Vacuum kills your looting skills. Filthy pro-gaming elitist! :P

Do cats tend to die constantly as well or did they make them more evasive. Being cat-ish and all that.

for as comfy as vacuum can be, i'll never leave my helios. first thing i bought with platinum, never regretted. i can spot easily enough loot with animal instinct, while scanning takes time, can't really be done during a fight and most of the time is outright impossible with those midgets zooming around.

and just to remember: this expansion is horrible.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At least it wonderfully shows the different mentalities between Cryptic and Digital Extremists after releasing a shitty expansion:

Cryptic: "This expansion is the best expansion ever and players love it!"

DE: "We know it's shit, we are working to fix it." :salute:

Of course, DE still has to deliver, but honesty is already more than other companies offer.

Gerrard

Arcane
Would be great if it was actually possible to complete. Not that I'm in dire need of more reactors.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Considering that invasions are horriburu buggy right with people reporting having done 30(!) runs before all three got registered, maps uncompleteable and all that shit, I think I am going to sit this one out. Even tho I need the reactor. :argh:

I just did it. I had to restart couple of times to roll map that actually spawns anything and doesn't have borked breach torpedoes. Doesn't hurt to try especially if you need one.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I got it in 4 runs. Didn't know what the breach torpedos were and they fucked up on my first try, so I was suspicious when I saw them again but they worked 2nd try. I'm actually sitting on a couple reactors/formas/catalysts now because I haven't been playing except to catch alerts for those things. Feels good.

Vaarna_Aarne

for as comfy as vacuum can be, i'll never leave my helios. first thing i bought with platinum, never regretted. i can spot easily enough loot with animal instinct, while scanning takes time, can't really be done during a fight and most of the time is outright impossible with those midgets zooming around.

Traces might not show up on Animal Instinct. Could be I just have a hard time telling when I even run into one during the Fissure since the overlay makes it hard for me too see smaller stuff around.

Anyway, to me the main reason to use Carrier before other sentinels isn't Vacuum, since I only find that necessary with Ammo Mutation builds or making sure I miss no Traces. Rather it's that Carrier is durable as hell so it can keep doing its Guardian and Medi-Ray job for longer than other Sentinels. In non-boss missions though (and probably with most bosses too) nowadays I'd still bring either a cat or dog to the fight since those can actually survive indefinately when AoE starts blasting (particularly when you are obsessed with blendering everything like I am) and both cats provide some good buff potential.

Traces might not show up on Animal Instinct. Could be I just have a hard time telling when I even run into one during the Fissure since the overlay makes it hard for me too see smaller stuff around.
traces are present on radar and have the vertical glow like power cores which makes them absolutely impossible to miss.

They're up to 6 hotfixes now. Has everything been patched yet? :lol:
i wish the hotfixes actually fixed something. of all the bugs i suffered only the fullscreen has been fixed.

i just can't navigate with the new archwings control system, i hit walls at every turn because it has too much inertia. am i supposed to come to a full stop before taking a turn? i can see no other way.

Vaarna_Aarne

I can painstakingly get around somewhat, but it's just not fun at all. It's downright painful. It's so slow, tedious, and you can barely see anything. Not to mention it's so ugly compared to the quite nice aesthetic of old Archwing action.

aestetic of old archwing action? other than too much inertia and 360° movement without proper controls, what's different?

Gerrard

Arcane
The only improvement of the new archwing is that you can shoot while using sprint without having to slide.

Game seems to be broken as fuck ATM, I keep getting stuck on mission results screen and can't join any games.

Vaarna_Aarne

aestetic of old archwing action? other than too much inertia and 360° movement without proper controls, what's different?
Animations for one (this is the biggest anal thing about it aesthetically), the speed is much slower, there's no on-spot turning, less spatial information given due to camera being too close, and the player has reduced ability to dodge and weave through enemy fire.

The only improvement of the new archwing is that you can shoot while using sprint without having to slide.
Which is bullshit, only melee should enjoy sprint speed when fighting, period.

But yea, the mission result screen bug is massively annoying and completely nonsensical (I'd wager it has something to do with letting the result screen persist while loading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom