Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
This game has been Greenlit by the Community!
The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Cautiously optimistic about this.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't help but wonder what would happen if the game was structured in a more Japanese form. IE less randomness, more focus on fixed world and interesting NPCs & such.
Especially considering you can get chicks pregnant!

But, I suppose the ambitiousness of Western devs is it's own very important factor to consider & like.

Anywho! Looking forward to the game..! Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Honest ambition too in that he isn't just making shit up for extra kickstarter bucks. I'm really anticipating this. Right now I'm picturing the sandbox style of Mount and Blade (In that there's no real objective) mixed with King of Dragon Pass (If the developer reads this and hasn't seen the game already it's worth checking out for ideas)

Luka-boy

Arcane
ss_9d580c70ddbeb37ffe50b94fde37eb8f243e1ca6.jpg

God damn it, I read it as:
Rape
Rape
Rape

lightbane

Arcane
That interface font reminds me of Skyrimjob. Hopefully it has hotkeys and full-mouse support.

LordYabo

Defiance Game Studio
Patron
Developer
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Hey guys, Sorry I haven't been back here in a while. So much going on:
getting Greenlit (only 10 days, woot!)
preparing for the booth at GenCon (can you believe they charge $400 for basic power?)
Mac version totally not working
getting the closed alpha access and pre-orders ready for Aug 3.

I've just hired a community manager to help me out. I will get back to your questions and comments. RPGCodexers are my kinda people!

Got bored and left

Good luck indeed, the game looks promising. I wasn't expecting to see something I like in a game based on procedural generation, but here we are. Fingers crossed for this one!

preparing for the booth at GenCon (can you believe they charge $400 for basic power?)

Very indie developer-friendly, huh?

LordYabo

Defiance Game Studio
Patron
Developer
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Good luck indeed, the game looks promising. I wasn't expecting to see something I like in a game based on procedural generation, but here we are. Fingers crossed for this one!

Me neither! Usually procedural means to me "pointless". So basically i'm a guy who doesn't like procedural games making a procedural game. So maybe that's a good thing? :)
We're working hard to give the world point and meaning for the player, whatever goals they choose to have. And for lack of a better term, there is a "win state" that you can achieve per game.
Personally I need that. I need to know i'm working towards something and achieved it and i'm done.

Civ is a procedural game but doesn't feel like it, i suppose because of the 5ish win states. So that's what i'm aiming for.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Me neither! Usually procedural means to me "pointless". So basically i'm a guy who doesn't like procedural games making a procedural game. So maybe that's a good thing? :)

This should help to alleviate the shortcomings and pitfalls which come with procedural content. I think there was no mention of "rogue-like" in your pitch, so that's already a good sign.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of roguelikes! I understand there are dungeons in the game - will they be randomized too? :)

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

We're working hard to give the world point and meaning for the player, whatever goals they choose to have. And for lack of a better term, there is a "win state" that you can achieve per game.
Personally I need that. I need to know i'm working towards something and achieved it and i'm done.

Civ is a procedural game but doesn't feel like it, i suppose because of the 5ish win states. So that's what i'm aiming for.
Are you planning to endorse or shun fanatical min-maxing, like buffing dodge or other skill to ridiculous values to exploit the system and game mechanics?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom