Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Adon

Arcane

Murk

Arcane
I can't tell if it's my age showing, but modern aesthetics really bother me.

pippin

I can't tell if it's my age showing, but modern aesthetics really bother me.

It's not your age, it's your good taste. One of the reasons why Nu Male Sky is so shitty is that it's basically a screenshot from a really ugly game from 2002 with several instagram filters applied to it.

Ivan

Arcane
Not even 30 seconds in and already "Deus Ex Invisible Warfare." This idiot doesn't know what he's talking about.

A horse of course

Why do people still watch this imbecile? He has shit taste, his opinions are not informed by critical thinking and he's a cuck. We already have codex staff for that sort of thing.

sullynathan

Arcane
Why do people still watch this imbecile? He has shit taste, his opinions are not informed by critical thinking and he's a cuck. We already have codex staff for that sort of thing.
The codex does not have very good opinions about games outside of rpg's. Just look at the previous thread on multiplayer shooter map design to see what I'm talking about.

Ash

Arcane

Say what you want about taste and his research efforts but as far as Youtube gaming personalities go he's incline. I'd rather more Bunnyhops, less PewDiePies. I'm disappointed in this review, it doesn't seem as informed as it could be regarding Deus Ex as a series, and much of his praise seems to conflict with many other reviewers, but I'm not going to drop my sub just yet. I rarely even watch his stuff, the subscription is mainly there to counter all the retarded youtube gaming "celebrities" out there, in the hope that they can be muscled out of the spotlight.

pippin

I kept thinking of HR while he was pointing the short comings of MD. Especially the Rube Goldberg aspect, which is kind of bothersome in a way, because you just know you're going to enter a space to sneak. Kind of what you feel when you find those waist-high blocks in almost every cover based shooter. The ideological aspect was very weak in both games also. Somewhat preachy, and sometimes even retarded... I mean, why are augs racially different all of the sudden? Ignoring edginess, do we really think people who use glasses, mechanic limbs, wheelchairs or whatever to be "racially" different? I totally agree with him when the game and the story tell different tales when you're a walking death machine who is supposed to be "opressed". The same shit than Bioshock Infinite, Elizabeth would point out how terrible is to kill one person when you have spent 3 or 4 hours doing just that, and repeatedly. At least the previous game had the preachy aspect somewhat toned down, and the endings really make some degree of logical sense.

If Bunnyhop sounds misinformed or anything like that, well, maybe he is, but the source material, that is, this game, is really weak too, from what I can see. The AI finally feels more like a gimmick than anything else, and most of the problems present here are present in HR too. Even to the "hole in the story" detail, I can bet you 1000 dogecoins they are going to treat the game just like the previous one and release a piece of dlc designed to fill that hole. At least the DLC for HR was kinda interesting and somewhat of a challenge, even. I'm not really excited about this game but I think I'll buy it, not at full price of course.

Riskbreaker

I'm not going to bother with that video cuz
Super Bunnyhop: 'Invisible War was a good game judging it by its own merits.'

:hmmm:

but could it be that he's another example of YT critic/reviewer that, whenever a new game from some established series is being reviewed, must pretend that he is intimately familiar with said series and its genre even in cases where his knowledge is limited or even nonexistent?

They all seem to suffer from that ailment, and it is really hard to take them seriously after one suffers thru one or two such videos.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I kept thinking of HR while he was pointing the short comings of MD. Especially the Rube Goldberg aspect, which is kind of bothersome in a way, because you just know you're going to enter a space to sneak. Kind of what you feel when you find those waist-high blocks in almost every cover based shooter. The ideological aspect was very weak in both games also. Somewhat preachy, and sometimes even retarded... I mean, why are augs racially different all of the sudden? Ignoring edginess, do we really think people who use glasses, mechanic limbs, wheelchairs or whatever to be "racially" different? I totally agree with him when the game and the story tell different tales when you're a walking death machine who is supposed to be "opressed". The same shit than Bioshock Infinite, Elizabeth would point out how terrible is to kill one person when you have spent 3 or 4 hours doing just that, and repeatedly. At least the previous game had the preachy aspect somewhat toned down, and the endings really make some degree of logical sense.

If Bunnyhop sounds misinformed or anything like that, well, maybe he is, but the source material, that is, this game, is really weak too, from what I can see. The AI finally feels more like a gimmick than anything else, and most of the problems present here are present in HR too. Even to the "hole in the story" detail, I can bet you 1000 dogecoins they are going to treat the game just like the previous one and release a piece of dlc designed to fill that hole. At least the DLC for HR was kinda interesting and somewhat of a challenge, even. I'm not really excited about this game but I think I'll buy it, not at full price of course.

It's not racial. It's the fact that they can snap at any moment and go on a killing spree. At least that is what the public believes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom