Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Tyranny Intro Movie and Character Creation Stream + Dev Diary Video #1

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
“Commander,” she said to Aurora, “report to the smithy. They’ll send you off with iron befitting your new rank.”

“The iron you wear has a price dearer than gold,” said Zdenya. “Remember that when you march to war, Commander.”

Barik’s shield was oak treated with tar – hardly the elite iron that the Disfavored carried into battle.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The dev diary makes me so pumped for this game. This is just beautiful. As for the writing, I am not well read enough in the english language to notice anything bad about it, it is decent videogame writing, so no problem here. I just want this game nao!

Neanderthal

Arcane
“Commander,” she said to Aurora, “report to the smithy. They’ll send you off with iron befitting your new rank.”

“The iron you wear has a price dearer than gold,” said Zdenya. “Remember that when you march to war, Commander.”

Barik’s shield was oak treated with tar – hardly the elite iron that the Disfavored carried into battle.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aye boss, struts an rim iron yeah, whole fuckin shield iron bloody silly. Ajax'd tire carryin that.

Thonius

Arcane
Models reminds me of Star wars clone wars animation.
10830567-1381418449-82435.jpg

Man, if Obsidian is actually going to work on a Bloodlines sequel I hope they can get new artists on board.
It's almost anachronistic how their standards for 3D modeling (and animation) fail so hard even for an isometric game.

Aesthetic aside, I'll have to confirm that the more I see about the game, the less interested I'm about it.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the graphics, the character creation and the idea beyond the game.

BUT!!!!!

From the short videos of the game that I've seen, it seems that the writing is pretty fucked up.
And if that is the case...WHO THE FUCK WILL WANT TO REPLAY THE GAME?!?!?!

"We have 2335346.564343 different ways to finish the game and over 445345342432134.5345345 words per NPC and an average of 5.3 farts per fight..."
"But we gave a 8 years old retard kid the leading writing job so.... enjoy the game..."

Magnificate

Novice
It's the first time I've saw any kind of visuals from this game and ... was it always supposed to be so similar to PoE? For some reason I expected it would be made in similar vein to the new Shadowruns.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the first time I've saw any kind of visuals from this game and ... was it always supposed to be so similar to PoE? For some reason I expected it would be made in similar vein to the new Shadowruns.
It was always supposed to be like PoE, they use the same engine, same technique.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the only time we've seen Kyros referred to as a she. Brainfart or spoiler?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Iron weapons had the advantage of only needing a single source of metal to create. Once people figured out how to smelt iron ore, it became much cheaper to outfit a larger number of soldiers. Early iron weapons weren’t better than bronze – they were often heavy and brittle. A bronze sword might bend or grow dull in combat, but it wouldn’t shatter. However, when you can outfit ten soldiers in iron for the cost of one soldier in bronze, you’re able to bring a much larger force to the field.

This was one of the things that allowed Kyros to conquer. The Overlord controls the secret of smelting iron ore, so has access to a cheaper source of weapons and armor, and can outfit a much larger army than any other nation that tried to resist.
The Disfavored . . . small in number, Kyros's iron-clad legion . . . .
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could be that they are two tiers above bronze. Meaning that they can manufacture shitty iron weapons in spades for the masses, but also have the knowledge (emerging as the game unfolds?) to do it in an advanced/slow (hence limited) way for the elite warriors, no?
If they are at tier 1, that eq is surely not widely available to regular plebs...wait is this an inXile game?

Character stats and skills look boring. Few to no special attacks, no difference in active gameplay (because RTwP), same old stupid comat modeling eg. "greatsword is slow but deals high damage". And it is almost funny that they have a dedicated skill for parrying which I bet will not be all that significant in how your build will play.

You go through a multi-step character creation with some point juggling between skills and attributes (all of which could easily be on a single screen) with very little actual diversity, I can't help thinking "why bother with all this uninspired shit?" Baldur's Gate drabness over this any day.

Except at least story bits might be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Character stats and skills look boring. Few to no special attacks, no difference in active gameplay (because RTwP), same old stupid comat modeling eg. "greatsword is slow but deals high damage". And it is almost funny that they have a dedicated skill for parrying which I bet will not be all that significant in how you build a character.

You go through a multi-step character creation with lots of point juggling between skills and attributes (all of which could easily be on a single screen) with very little actual diversity, I can't help thinking "why bother with all this uninspired shit?"

The special attacks/active abilities are here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10295

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I don't have the attention to actually watch these videos but I skimmed through the first one and it looks pretty fucking awesome. I like the primary and secondary and the ability to double down on the same. This is definitely coming out this year, right? What was Tim Cain's role in this game?

Sizzle

Arcane
That's the only time we've seen Kyros referred to as a she. Brainfart or spoiler?

Maybe it's something similar to KoTOR 2's approach - where you get to choose Revan's the Overlord's gender in an answer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom