Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
To be honest though, I think that the chess event would've been a lot more bearable if it was an optional encounter. The place's got a lot of those, so if it was switched with another (like that one library dude) it would've been a lot better.

I'll agree with this, it would have been better as an optional encounter. People with bad gear could have done it, as there isn't any gear requirement. The people who didn't need the extra gear could skip it to save some time.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Dunno how it was back in the day, but nowadays if you run the chess event, whenever you move a piece it automatically faces backward and away from the direction you moved in. Makes trying to solo it a pain in the ass since you have to wait like 12 seconds for the face direction ability to come off cooldown.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Dunno how it was back in the day, but nowadays if you run the chess event, whenever you move a piece it automatically faces backward and away from the direction you moved in. Makes trying to solo it a pain in the ass since you have to wait like 12 seconds for the face direction ability to come off cooldown.

Sounds like a bug, I've soloed it on my hunter a few months ago and that didn't happen.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Ds9lKf5.png

Revenant

Don't forget that you also have a rare chance to grief carebears (even in PvE servers) in their capitals by turning into a dreadlord and becoming hostile to everyone. Although since capitals are empty due to new implementation of phasing, finding players to kill might be difficult.

Revenant

You get a debuff "Dark whispers" while being in a capital, dunno if from a player or randomly. Once you get a certain number of stacks of it, you supposedly turn into a dreadlord with several abilities and can attack everyone - guards, NPCs and even players not flagged for PvP. There must be guides of it on the internet at this point.

Anyway, wanna add me on B.net? Waiting for August 30 got me bored to the point that I installed Pillars of Eternity again and I'd rather not play it again. I'm Revenant#2836, we might as well harass some carebears together since there is nothing more to do at the moment.

Cromwell

Arcane
You get a debuff "Dark whispers" while being in a capital, dunno if from a player or randomly. Once you get a certain number of stacks of it, you supposedly turn into a dreadlord with several abilities and can attack everyone - guards, NPCs and even players not flagged for PvP. There must be guides of it on the internet at this point.

Anyway, wanna add me on B.net? Waiting for August 30 got me bored to the point that I installed Pillars of Eternity again and I'd rather not play it again. I'm Revenant#2836, we might as well harass some carebears together since there is nothing more to do at the moment.

so its the scourge event all over?

Revenant

I have no idea. All I know is that I found my auctioneer alt dead in a capital a few times, in an RP (not a RPPvP) realm. Sometimes I saw this debuff "Dark whispers" on it. Other players in my guild talked about turning into a dreadlord, all I have seen myself were lots and lots of bones in the Valley of Strength. Also, people were talking in the trade chat "looking for someone to infect me", other replying "with @AIDS?" etc.

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/pre-patch-demon-event#dark-whispers

Sounds like fun.

Cromwell

Arcane
I have no idea. All I know is that I found my auctioneer alt dead in a capital a few times, in an RP (not a RPPvP) realm. Sometimes I saw this debuff "Dark whispers" on it. Other players in my guild talked about turning into a dreadlord, all I have seen myself were lots and lots of bones in the Valley of Strength. Also, people were talking in the trade chat "looking for someone to infect me", other replying "with @AIDS?" etc.

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/pre-patch-demon-event#dark-whispers

Sounds like fun.

yes its the same again just reskinned. you could turn into a zombie in the second scourge event, gain zombie abilities and attack players

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Infestation

Wulfstand

Prophet
I haven't played on retail since late TBC, and have been thinking on grabbing a 30 days battlechest at least for the sake of seeing the new content that's been released since early WotLK and onwards.
I'm mainly going to roll an Alliance mage, and am looking for a server that's populated enough at least for me to be able to que up for all of the dungeons/raids, if not to quest with as well. Based on the charts on here I chose Outland, but I'm looking for some advice as well.
Also, is there any Codex guild around?

Revenant

Realms are irrelevant regarding queueing in modern WoW, as all queues work cross-realm nowadays. You can also group up with anyone of the same faction, even across different server types (RP with PvP, etc.). Even while questing you will see players from different realms (though of the same type) in zones, because of the random transfers from higher pop realms into lower pop ones. The only things where realm does matter are guilds, the Auction House and realm-first achievements.

Outland is probably the highest pop PvP realm indeed, though I get the feeling it is dominated by ruskies. For the largest faction-dominated realms, try Kazzak (almost entirely Horde) or Sylvanas (almost entirely fags Alliance).

As for the guild, I tried to start a Horde guild before Legion starts, but there was a grand total of like 5 people interested and some were from NA, so it didn't take off. Though I created an empty guild named "The Codex" on The Maelstrom (that's where I play). If you change your mind to not be a faggot play Horde, send me a PM and I'll invite you (this also holds for all other Codexers who want to play Legion, come on let's make a guild after all).

Revenant

The blood elves have a gnome forced labor sweatshop in their capital, which forgives them everything

I got Legion for free after browsing through my order history page and realizing Blizzard had billed me twice for Starcraft 2: WoL all those years ago. I filed a customer support ticket and they offered me 60$ in store credit. So I got this and about a month of playtime and some change.

I hadn't played WoW in about 6 years and expected something really bad, but not as bad as this. I've always thought that the idea of "hero" classes was beyond dumb, but Demon Hunters are actually even more ridiculous than Death Knights were back in WotLK. They give you an AWSUM epic weapon to upgrade a couple of hours in the questline. There's a rehashed Dalaran hub that looks 95% the same as it did 8 years ago. Same kill 10 this, collect 10 shit quests as ever. Autopilot gameplay with integrated babbies first quest tracker.

It really boggles the mind that people actually pay for this.

10/10 good for what it is

Revenant

Area design is superb, though, as even with an "integrated babbies first quest tracker" finding the required mobs can sometimes be pretty challenging.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:greatjob:

Gotta give them credit, this was the first smooth launch for a Blizzard game AFAIK - no queues (though that might be due not as many people returning as there usually is), very little lag and no major issues.

Legion looks great thus far - but remember that most people liked WoD at first, too, so it remains to be seen how the endgame holds up and how well Blizz supports the expansion with content patches. Still, they're off to a very good start!

I would expect that the launch went smoothly because there are far fewer returning players this time around. But, obviously I have no data to back this up, only speculation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom