Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Still no picture..? Lol...
More like nobody gives enough fucks.

That's my point.. This biocuck is obviously sulking cause nobody gave a shit about his shirt.. then some bs article talks about fans digging up pictures.. nobody does.
Nobody cares.

Bioware you are one step away from the EA graveyard. Just die.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Lol, BioWare also made an April fool's joke this year, but was so cheap and shitty that Kotaku and the likes didn't even list it on the April 1st jokes...

Sorry BioWare, you were huge in the miid 00's, but now that there's some actual competition you become more and more irrelevant each passing day.

Fairfax

Arcane
If the new ME doesn't sell loads, they will probably suffer the fate of other EA acquisitions.
What's happening is worse, really. To their fans, that is. They lead people to believe it's anything like the company before EA bought it, but it's exactly like Rareware: just a name, and empty shell.
I'm not lamenting or anything, but how many of their senior devs from before EA are still working there? Much like Rare, it died when the founders left the company.

It's just a brand, and a decaying one. I'd say that's worse for biodrones. At least when a studio shuts down, everybody knows it's gone for good.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If the new ME doesn't sell loads, they will probably suffer the fate of other EA acquisitions.
What's happening is worse, really. To their fans, that is. They lead people to believe it's anything like the company before EA bought it, but it's exactly like Rareware: just a name, and empty shell.
I'm not lamenting or anything, but how many of their senior devs from before EA are still working there? Much like Rare, it died when the founders left the company.

It's just a brand, and a decaying one. I'd say that's worse for biodrones. At least when a studio shuts down, everybody knows it's gone for good.

Biodrones are scum.. this is a pity genocide.
For once EA's corporate toxicity will be used for good, it's time to put that fucker down.

Prime Junta

Why did I mentally insert "wet" before T-shirt into the thread title?

Bad, brain. Bad!

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Space Dragon Vampire Romance Game Adventure RPG FPS

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
200_s.gif

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Funny way to advertise. Just plop a cheap t-shirt on a nobody. They'll all get it somehow.

pippin

It seems like ages since Bioware made something relevant. It's sad to think their last completely original IP was released in 2009. And "original" is still a dubious statement, considering how DA:O was mostly Game of Thrones but with blue arms.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Original as in no one else owns the franchise. But generic as fuck. Like Mass Effect was a corrupted version of Star Wars.

pippin

Mass Effect was their attempt as doing a KOTOR without Star Wars as a background, Bioware themselves have said that.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The funniest thing is that no one is batting an eyelid either at this guy saying no one batted an eyelid at their new IP.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gonna call bullshit on the guy basically announcing a new IP (and having merchandise of it), failing miserably, and BioWare not teasing anything else 7 months later.

It would be fishy for an indie studio, for BioWare/EA with their massive marketing team & budgets, it sounds ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom