Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think I just found a bug in the game. When I levelled up my level 1 dwarf fighter to a level 2 dwarf fighter, after I selected his skills, the feats button became active and highlighted green, but also, the finish button became active, which allowed me to skip selecting a fighter bonus feat. I believe you should not be allowed to finish until you select a feat.
Wasn't able to replicate this, can you send your savegame?

Also, when I attempted to disarm a kobold, failed, and was counter disarmed, my character only said "I was disarmed" after the combat was over and I killed everyone, instead of that turn when he was disarmed.
You should also get a floating text when he's actually disarmed. But otherwise it's working as intended to remind you that you were disarmed during combat so that you don't forget to pickup your weapon and get mad at the game ;)

Also, alt+click to auto sell items to shopkeepers only works with the left alt on my keyboard, not the right alt.
Are you left handed by any chance? :P (But yeah I'll add right alt too ;) )
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2h7b6fa67jk1a/ToEE_Save
This is after I levelled up, so now I have a level 2 fighter who has one less feat than should be possible.
Do you have a save from before levelling up? I can't replicate the issue otherwise, and he got the feat at level 4 just fine...

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I doubt it since I often run it that way...
It's possible that another python call threw an exception and messed it up. Can you check what happens when you level up to 4? (use the levelup cheat - it now works as intended ;) )

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I haven't used cheats before, what would the format of the cheat be to use it?
Ok I used levelup twice and it didn't happen every time, but when I reapplied skill points neccesary to unlock the feats tab, it unlocked the feats tab and finish tab simultaneously.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hardware requirements
We're not sure of the exact minimum, but your GPU should at least support Pixel Shader 3.0.
My almost eight years old GTS 250 does support SM 4.0 and DirectX up to version 10. Do I need DX 11 compatible video card to run this mod or not? Thanks in advance.
It should be able to work at a DX10 feature level, in theory. Not sure what will happen in practice.

Terminus Est

Barely Literate
Some random issues:

In the harpy room, the status flag for the harpies' call reads "Error! Missing line 20054 in mes/spell.mes". This only affects the text and not the actual effect.
Fixed for v1.0.17

The popup description for the Chime of Interruption (i.e., when you SHIFT-Click on the item in the inventory) says: "The Chime of Interruption allows its owner to cast Dispel Magic". However its actual effect is to cast Silence. The main help text describes the item correctly.
Co8 issue (the long description should say that it causes silence)

Dismissing Meleny when she has an Animal Companion results in consistent crash to desktop. You have to dismiss the companion and transition to a new map before being able to dismiss Meleny.
Fixed for v1.0.17

Tossing Jaer's fire orbs results in a crash to desktop.
Fixed for v1.0.17

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingBlade

Educated
Hey Sitra!

Continuing my SR crash report, it's happening again. Trying to enchant the mwork metal tower shield from the slaver party encounter. Put +5 on it and named it, then saved the enchant. Then went back and tried to add all of the SR levels at once, and it crashes. I've attached the two crash log dumps I've gotten, as well as the save file. The save file has the shield at +5 and named (Bulwark).

EDIT: I'll send the files to your email since I can't find how to attach.

Fixed in v1.0.19

Allyx

Savant
Just updated Temple+ to 1.0.18 and started creating a Bard, Ii chose NG for party alignment and could only select True Neutral for his alignment, additionally the Feat Weapon Finesse was selectable even though he doesn't have 1+ BAB, and is selectable again if chosen.

Fixed for v1.0.20

Allyx

Savant
Meh, Bards, can't be lawful?

Another bug though, a Cleric of Heironeous gets longsword proficiency for free, yet is unable to select Weapon Focus Longsword.

NAB

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Just updated Temple+ to 1.0.18 and started creating a Bard, Ii chose NG for party alignment and could only select True Neutral for his alignment, additionally the Feat Weapon Finesse was selectable even though he doesn't have 1+ BAB, and is selectable again if chosen.
Are you sure party alignment was NG and not LN? I just tried and was able to pick TN, NG and CG. (and indeed as you noted Bards can't be lawful, so LG is out).
Also I didn't mess with the PC Creation system yet (just the Levelup system) so Temple+ shouldn't have any effect on that.

edit: and fixed the weapon finesse, I think it was some kind of holdover from a moebius hack.
Heh, scratch that, this is a pretty funny bug unique to character creation with the semi-martial BAB progression classes. The game adds the class being levelled on top of the present character level, which in chargen means the game thinks you're going to be a level 2 Bard. Too funny to fix!

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Meh, Bards, can't be lawful?

Another bug though, a Cleric of Heironeous gets longsword proficiency for free, yet is unable to select Weapon Focus Longsword.
You also get Weapon Focus for free, so you can't choose it again (just verified that you do indeed get it when selecting War Domain).

Dr. Bak

Novice
Heh, scratch that, this is a pretty funny bug unique to character creation with the semi-martial BAB progression classes. The game adds the class being levelled on top of the present character level, which in chargen means the game thinks you're going to be a level 2 Bard. Too funny to fix!
This might very well be the same bug
- Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, Reckless Offense, Quick Draw and Exotic Weapon Proficiency are selectable as 1st level feats for a wizard, even if they require +1 Base Attack Bonus at least
doesn't happen in vanilla

Fixed for v1.0.20

Sitra Achara

Arcane
This might very well be the same bug
- Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, Reckless Offense, Quick Draw and Exotic Weapon Proficiency are selectable as 1st level feats for a wizard, even if they require +1 Base Attack Bonus at least
doesn't happen in vanilla
Yup, it was. Fixed for next version.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Ok, as I see your interest about that issue, I though maybe some screenshots would be useful, so here they are:

There was also the bug happening in the quest menu with all the quest names mixing up the first time I tried the mod, but I don't know why the bug isn't showing in that menu, that's the weirdest thing about this I think, regard some condition I still don't understand right now, the bug isn't showing anymore in some menu or others, I mean the bug where accentuated characters are replaced by break lines sometimes disappear in the radyal menu (the circular menu with all the action), but as I said, I have no idea what make it disappear and reappear.

Should be fixed in v1.0.20:
Untitled.jpg

number #4
not really a problem more like a way to tell players they need to grab their items from the floor if they craft soemthign and the inventory is full. the item appears on the floor, but nothing ever tells the player that it does. so if there is a way to make the player know that his inventory is full and that the created item is now on the floor. it would be great.

Added for next version:
upload_2016-9-10_12-41-33.png

Last edited:

Pygmy

Novice
I have experienced a strange bug that I only noticed following the installation of 1.0.20 last night; all constitution enhancing items e.g. Amulets of Health increase STRENGTH and not CONSTITUTION. I have tested the Bear's Endurance Spell which still works; all the other attribute enhancing items work as they are intended. I have checked the protos.tab and the attribute these defective items cite is still constitution......

Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing same thing?

Fixed for v1.0.21

florian1

Novice
Using the the latest update (#20). Just fought the Moathouse Ghouls, and my rogue scored 7 points of sneak attack damage against a ghoul with his bow. When I checked the damage calculation, it stated that the ghoul had immunity to non-lethal damage, but did not mention anything else.

Fixed for v1.0.21

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have experienced a strange bug that I only noticed following the installation of 1.0.20 last night; all constitution enhancing items e.g. Amulets of Health increase STRENGTH and not CONSTITUTION. I have tested the Bear's Endurance Spell which still works; all the other attribute enhancing items work as they are intended. I have checked the protos.tab and the attribute these defective items cite is still constitution......

Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing same thing?

Fixed for v1.0.21

Using the the latest update (#20). Just fought the Moathouse Ghouls, and my rogue scored 7 points of sneak attack damage against a ghoul with his bow. When I checked the damage calculation, it stated that the ghoul had immunity to non-lethal damage, but did not mention anything else.

Fixed for v1.0.21

Thanks, fixed both in 1.0.21 (should be out within the hour).

g0ld0

Novice
Alright. Using 1.021 tonight with my 15th lvl cleric having got quicken spell.
Problems are:
1- Quicken Divine Power does not register as an 8th lvl slot
but
2- Quicken Righteous Might does (when it's not supposed to, using a 9th lvl slot.)

Fixed v1.0.83 (well, mostly)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Alright. Using 1.021 tonight with my 15th lvl cleric having got quicken spell.
Problems are:
1- Quicken Divine Power does not register as an 8th lvl slot
but
2- Quicken Righteous Might does (when it's not supposed to, using a 9th lvl slot.)
Thanks, just checked and it looks like it's a glitch with updating the visuals when adding a spell to the highest level - when I reopen the inventory the spells appear in the correct slot.

For the fourth time in a row, Temple+ has crashed when I tell it to quit to the desktop after playing for a bit.

Is that when you're in combat and clicking on the close window button? If so that's a known bug (a bit annoying but harmless). If not please submit the necessary files (see first post).

Last edited:

Kharagh

Novice
I read somewhere that prestige classes have to be enabled in the houserules but that's not an option in my houserules menu:
Houserules.jpg

SwingBlade

Educated
The Dwarven Defender PrC option when leveling up still says "COMING SOON", though it is a selectable class once prereqs are met.

Fixed for v1.0.22

SwingBlade

Educated
Since I just ordered a Windows 10 tablet, how does Temple+ and Co8 play with that OS? I seem to recall that there might be issues?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Since I just ordered a Windows 10 tablet, how does Temple+ and Co8 play with that OS? I seem to recall that there might be issues?
I don't know about the Tablet version, but as far as I know there are no Win10 issues with Temple+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom