Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pygmy

Novice
Strangely enough I have had absolutely no problem playing Temple+ on my Windows 10 tablet - I even run it from a high speed micro sd card as I only bought a nominal 24GB of storage and Windows 10 uses up most of that.....A bit slow on loading SOME new scenes

The real irony is I bought a widescreen Hewlett Packard 64 bit Windows 10 machine last Christmas and have tried everything recommended and can't even get the original ToEE to start.....Don't mention anti-virus as I use the same anti-virus with the same exceptions in both installations

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Strangely enough I have had absolutely no problem playing Temple+ on my Windows 10 tablet - I even run it from a high speed micro sd card as I only bought a nominal 24GB of storage and Windows 10 uses up most of that.....A bit slow on loading SOME new scenes

The real irony is I bought a widescreen Hewlett Packard 64 bit Windows 10 machine last Christmas and have tried everything recommended and can't even get the original ToEE to start.....Don't mention anti-virus as I use the same anti-virus with the same exceptions in both installations
I'm not sure I understand... is Temple+ not working for you on your HP machine? Or are you talking about vanilla ToEE?

Pygmy

Novice
Neither work - the HD graphics driver stops at the end of the first ToEE load screen before the Temple+ download stuff begins; I don't get this problem with anything else. I set the correct VDU parameters in the Temple+ config, but is it getting that far before crashing?????

Solved by downloading the latest version

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Neither work - the HD graphics driver stops at the end of the first ToEE load screen before the Temple+ download stuff begins; I don't get this problem with anything else. I set the correct VDU parameters in the Temple+ config, but is it getting that far before crashing?????
Might be a different issue then; can you post the logfile? It's located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Pygmy

Novice
Thanks am afraid I won't have time to investigate posting to this site for a few days

SwingBlade

Educated
I feel like I've heard about issues with ToEE and 10, which is part of my apprehension. One of the main reasons I bought the computer was for portable classic computer gaming, with this as one of the chief things. We'll find out tomorrow if I have issues or not! Haha.

Sentinel

Arcane
Hey, I actually get the same error as Dinsdale_P.
I'm on a GTX960 though.
Does ToEE+ require some Visual Basic version that I'm missing or something?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have a GTX960 too on this machine.

Can you post the Temple+ log file? It's in
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Also, please make sure your drivers are up to date.

Sentinel

Arcane
LOG file is here http://pastebin.com/4jJfraL2

Running 368.22. Latest is 372.70, but they caused me some problems so I had to rollback.

Already tried running compatibility mode, running as admin, disabling auto-updates/AA. Still nothing.

PS: That log was generated when I tried windowed mode, that's why the res is fucked up. Still crashes on fullscreen.

SwingBlade

Educated
Guys having the runtime error: You need DirectX 11 for the latest version of Temple+. DX11 only delivers through Windows Update, Windows 7+, so you basically need to run Windows Update to fix your issue.

SwingBlade

Educated
As an update: I have ToEE, Co8 and T+ installed on the tablet. All that seemed to fire up well enough, including installing the frontend and activating Co8 NC. However, nothing seems to happen when I run TemplePlus or the Config exes. I can run ToEE.exe shortcut from its installation shortcut on the desktop, but it runs in portrait mode (with the tablet docked and manually set to landscape) and the touch interface doesn't cooperate, possibly due in part to the confused orientation.

SwingBlade

Educated
I have spent like 2 minutes looking into it, but a very cursory glance into Mankind Divided indicates it's a DX12 shindig, which is not necessarily inclusive of DX11. I don't know if it is or isn't, but I know in working on a game that ran on DX9, that DX10 installation/updates did nothing for it.

Sentinel

Arcane
Mankind Divided released with DX11 on PC. It only got a DX12 patch on September 6th. I haven't played it with DX12, I don't have W10.

Sentinel

Arcane
Solved! You were right, DX11 was the problem, the downloadable package for it (for those who shun windows update) can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113
are you running Windows 10? I'm already on DX11.1

Edit: Well fuck me sideways, it actually worked, even though I already had dx11.1. Heh. Thanks.

Do you need co8 modpack or does ToE+ already fix most of the bugs that co8 takes care of?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'll be damned, I thought it was a different issue, haha! Thanks SwingBlade. Added to the common issues/solutions.

As an update: I have ToEE, Co8 and T+ installed on the tablet. All that seemed to fire up well enough, including installing the frontend and activating Co8 NC. However, nothing seems to happen when I run TemplePlus or the Config exes. I can run ToEE.exe shortcut from its installation shortcut on the desktop, but it runs in portrait mode (with the tablet docked and manually set to landscape) and the touch interface doesn't cooperate, possibly due in part to the confused orientation.

It might be getting silently blocked by your Anti Virus / Windows Defender... make sure the definitions are up to date (it's a new installation so maybe it just needs to sync?).

are you running Windows 10? I'm already on DX11.1

Edit: Well fuck me sideways, it actually worked, even though I already had dx11.1. Heh. Thanks.

Do you need co8 modpack or does ToE+ already fix most of the bugs that co8 takes care of?
There are still plenty of bugs that Co8 takes care of, and of course you'll need Co8 for high level content.

Last edited:

Kharagh

Novice
Would it be possible to fix Whirlwind Attack? The ideal use of whirlwind attack would be for an invisible rogue to creep into the center of a mob and whirlwind attack. But that doesn't work because whirlwind attack doesn't work on non-combatants (so it doesn't work as a 1st-round attack). It seems like something that should be easy to fix but maybe it's not.

Fixed for 1.0.22

Dr. Bak

Novice
Not sure if this is the case but a surprise round consists in a single standard action made by those aware of the fight. Whirlwind attack is a full-round action, hence it is supposed to become available after the initiative roll. If you win the initiative the opponents are still flat-footed and can get sneak-whirled.

Kharagh

Novice
There is no surprise round in TOEE. You can creep up to someone and make a full attack, so you should be able to make a whirlwind attack. What's worse is that if you choose whirlwind attack, because there is no one identified to attack, you just become visible, lose your action (other than 5 ft step), and now you're surrounded by baddies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yeah, currently Whirlwind picks targets from the Initiative List, which is empty before combat starts. It's fairly easy to change it so it goes through all nearby unfriendlies.

SwingBlade

Educated
Also, shouldn't an invisible sorcerer with rogue levels get a sneak attack when using Scorching Ray within 30 feet?

Added in 1.0.25

g0ld0

Novice
Ok. Spell mischief here.
As I was having fun eliminating lizardmen in random encounters at high level (16th), my lawful good cleric decides to go for Holy Word and.... nothing happens... absolutely nothing...
Not to be dismayed, I tried Dictum of the next round and... everybody dies except my lawful characters, no save...

Care having a look?

Fixed for v1.0.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom