Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

ushas

Savant
Only shit I hate in games is exclusive shit for multi/co-op. Particularly in RPG's. Why should I miss out on certain stuff cause I can't find another loser to play with at a particular time?

That's why they're including random matchmaking. You'll always be able to find a partner as long as you have an internet connection.

This could revolutionize cRPG multiplayer as we know it.

There is an update on Polygon:
Update: An earlier version of this article stated that InXile planned to allow random multiplayer matchmaking. The team reached out today to tell us that is not a planned feature. We've adjusted the article to indicate that.

Not sure whether that rules out all possible multiplayer matchmaking features, or just the random ones...

But the change is simply
Players will be able to play with a friend or with a random match from the community.

DarkArcher

Educated
I'm sorry but there's no way I'm crowdfunding this. I was happy to help InXile get back with Wasteland 2 and Torment but do they really need to keep going to the well? The scope and features aren't even half the things I care about and why do they need to bite off so many platforms for simultaneous release??? I certainly don't want to fund different UI and control schemes, QA, and misc expenses for additional platforms. I get they want to do a bigger scope game will broader appeal but I'll check the reviews and maybe buy a copy later.

I am quite shocked and I don't know what to think about it. MP exclusive content scares me, but I like the winter setting and adore Pykes work. Liked Wasteland 2 quite much. Need more details.

Fairfax

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What do you have against romances? :argh:

In theory, nothing. In practice, it attracts the worse the human being has to offer and is culturally associated with garbage. The same thing holds for multiplayer. There is nothing wrong with it per se, but if you try to implement this as main feature in a cRPG, shit happens.

FPS engine

Haha but many people on this forum have been begging the RPG developers to ditch Unity in favor of Unreal.

I didn’t express myself clearly. What I meant is games high graphic fidelity and first person view.

Another issue I have with this is what I already feared with the announcement of Torment for PS 4, as Fargo feels more and more confortable with a bigger and bigger audience including alot of console peasants, he will feel more and more confortable of getting rid of any pretence of appealing to codexian interests.

He will feel? I thought this was a established fact since he used a publisher to harass the Codex and at all.

Along with the other PC/crypto-librul idiots at Obsidian, they've proven just how low the bar is. Even among a supposedly "elit" and "monocled" clientele

No, they have proven how few are actually monocled gentlemen. You have a few thousand who think that they are hot shit because they play isometric cRPGs, but they also play Undertale, Shadowrun, FO4, W2 or whatever it is the garbage labeled as cRPG you decide to throw at them. They have no standards.

Having multiple projects in development was always the plan. The pre-production guys are done with BT4 - would you rather have them start laying groundwork for another game, or slack off and do nothing?

They could start work on Torment: Director's Cut right now.
They fired him, though.

Who they fired?
Kevin Saunders.

I am stupid. How could I forgot?:(

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
Having multiple projects in development was always the plan. The pre-production guys are done with BT4 - would you rather have them start laying groundwork for another game, or slack off and do nothing?
I'd rather have them spend their own money, for a change, instead of going to crowdfunding before even releasing most of their already announced games.
Everyone else, both small and big (be it Larian, Obsidian, HBS, Whalenought, etc.), somehow manage to go on with their plans even without this shitty attitude.

Septaryeth

Augur
The only decent thing I saw is Brotherhood Games. I love Stasis, and I actually like WL2:DC, but this is just...

So correct me if I'm wrong.
WL3 has multiplayer-focused gameplay with content that is not available in single-player mode.
It's releasing on consoles simultaneously and thus will have the crippled UI and design for PC.
And it's crowdfunding on Fig so it's literally begging for big investors and publishers to take over?

Saduj

Arcane
Can't see myself using the multiplayer option unless it is possible for one party to finish a game started with two. I know few people who would be into this and zero who can be expected to finish the game.

Might be fun if the two parties could fight each other. Would not be unrealistic to think that two parties of stranded rangers could latch on to opposing factions.

Plus, it lays the ground work for Wasteland Arena DLC.

:kingcomrade:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I wonder how Roqua feels about WL3 being built around co-op mode.

I'd rather it wasn't but what has me far more worried is the simultaneous release with consoles. We all know what this has meant historically - game for monkey retards with no depth or complexity but plenty of eye candy and companion fucking and console UI.

Also, no full party creation? That is a huge step back. I hope InXile is more than a one pump chump. After coming out with a top 10 crpg of all time going back to fucking shitty console tripe.

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Now I hope this make Styg make a new game or Underrail 2. My heart cant deal with another Wasteland.

Still the combat was sometimes interesting and the potential was there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom