Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Youi know, I almost had a momentarily relapse and was about to back this at $20 level, but, instead....

srMiGne.png

I've made myself a promise that from now on, whenver I am tempted to shovel money to AA+ shills, with the same amount of money, I go for the little guys instead (*).

Although I will hold Lurker King personally responsible if BB turns out scheisse given his endless crusade promoting small indies(**).

(*) Except for Obsidian, Obsidian does not count, right?
(**) J/K, I am a responsible adult and it's entirely my own fault if that's the case.

Last edited:

aratuk

Cipher
Maybe Infinitron can give us an update on restoring communications?

I can "restore communications" when I feel we have something to communicate. Right now we don't.

I meant that the Codex will probably be a bit reluctant to shower inXile in gold coins after the blacklist stuff.

That's why we don't have anything to communicate.

Huh? I've been away. inXile blacklisted the Codex? That seems… counterproductive. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Codex's lack of censorship being equated to tacit approval of whatever anyone says on the Codex.

Youi know, I almost had a momentarily relapse and was about to back this at $20 level, but, instead....

srMiGne.png

I've made myself a promise that from now on, whenver I am tempted to shovel money to AA+ shills, with the same amount of money, I go for the little guys instead (*).

Although I will hold Lurker King personally responsible if BB turns out scheisse given his endless crusading promoting small indies(**).

(**) J/K, I am a responsible adult and it's entirely my own fault if that's the case.

Aren't they like 2 totally different games?

I plan on getting both though.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

I can "restore communications" when I feel we have something to communicate. Right now we don't.

I meant that the Codex will probably be a bit reluctant to shower inXile in gold coins after the blacklist stuff.

Huh? I've been away. inXile blacklisted the Codex? That seems… counterproductive. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Codex's lack of censorship being equated to tacit approval of whatever anyone says on the Codex.

Brother None alleges that Infinitron leaked confidential information and then edited it out of his post afterwards. DU didn't find any evidence of that, but maybe he's part of the conspiracy.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

srMiGne.png

Although I will hold Lurker King personally responsible if BB turns out scheisse given his endless crusading promoting small indies(**).

What do you mean? Underrail is included in the WL3 package, but I have it already. BB has nothing to with this campaign, it just happens to cost the same $20 as WL3's lowest backer tier*

(*) < Tier 1, which cannot be reached, of course

DeepOcean

Arcane
Watch an EA presentation "Mass Effect 4 Andromeda will be a cinematic, visceral experience with deep action combat.

Watch an Inxile presentation "Wasteland 3 will be a cinematic experience with deep strategical combat and visceral multiplayer co op experience."

Buzzwords, buzzwords never change, doesn't matter where a man goes, he will find them clouding the air with their meaningless existence and hypetoxicity.

Starwars

Arcane

srMiGne.png

What do you mean? Underrail is included in the WL3 package, but I have it already. BB has nothing to with this campaign, it just happens to cost the same $20 as WL3's lowest backer tier*

Why bring Underrail into this? I never mentioned it.

I mean, that i plan to get BB too, but they are 2 totally different games, and will satisfy (hopefully) 2 different gaming "needs".

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Five hours later, the Watch still hasn't mentioned that the Figstarter has launched. Surely this is evidence that they're running a behind-closed-doors fundraiser in a private subforum.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron

Why bring Underrail into this? I never mentioned it.

I mean, that i plan to get BB too, but they are 2 totally different games, and will satisfy (hopefully) 2 different gaming "needs".
Because I was confused by your question as to which 2 games you might refer, and Underrail, indeed, is included in the WL3 pledge. That's all. :salute:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Not upset or something after backing all 3 inXile games so far, but i feel like i already did my duty to kickstart an RPG development studio. Now they are in a good position to make a good game - or die. Don't feel like "preordering" every game. Will buy though if they deliver something good. That's how it works.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
Not upset or something after backing all 3 inXile games so far, but i feel like i already did my duty to kickstart an RPG development studio. Now they are in a good position to make a good game - or die. Don't feel like "preordering" every game. Will buy though if they deliver something good. That's how it works.

After having shoveled a total $205 for WL2+T:ToN, I feel pretty much the same.

- Had to have those physical boxes.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Do you wanna see the post apocalyptic cannibal machete raping gang emotions on a new cinematic experience? Back Wasteland 3.

PS: Red Boots DLC only on the pre order edition.

Mustawd

Five hours later, the Watch still hasn't mentioned that the Figstarter has launched. Surely this is evidence that they're running a behind-closed-doors fundraiser in a private subforum currently interviewing inXile in secret

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
W2 was alright but BT doesn't look good and the consolization of Torment broke trust so I'll pass.

In 4 years I'll get it for 75% off on Steam.

Was thinking quite hard if it is worth backing. Multiplayer, voice acting, and those camera closeup tricks are things I consider a tremendous lose of funds and as design decisions those choices are certainly suspicious.
But there is Ziets involved. There is Colin involved. I trust them. Backing the game just for them seems like a right decision. I also liked W2 and I think that with every new area they designed, the team skills went up. Last locations were pretty good. If they started at least with the same level of abilities as those they had when they finished making W2, then W3 may be pretty great.
Yeah. Decided to back it.

I really don't understand why all the complains...

I think Wasteland 2 was a good game!

Far from perfect, but at least I finished it and enjoyed every second of it.

The UI was shit, and also the graphics - but lots of the best old school games suffered from UI problems and shitty graphic.

On the other hand, the atmosphere was great, and the writing was good!

I backed Wasteland 3.
Actually, I backed all InXile games.
20$ for a game (and free Stasis/Underrail copy) it's a great deal.

And I truly believe that InXile improve their games over the years...

aratuk

Cipher

Brother None alleges that Infinitron leaked confidential information and then edited it out of his post afterwards. DU didn't find any evidence of that, but maybe he's part of the conspiracy.

…Why would you give Infinitron confidential information? I would expect a game developer to treat him as a journalist, whose job it is to spill the beans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom