Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

sullynathan

Arcane
he's better than most codexers at these games, especially the ones that complain about certain bosses and defend poorly designed areas.:roll:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hater

I remember this is the video that made me cringe a bit when I came across it. He was clearly a little butthurt over mean youtube commenters and was being an intentionally spiteful, condescending prick about it. I'm sure he's good, but it's the fucking internet man, act like you've used it before.

Oh and his pronunciation of 'Caestus' is stupidity of immeasurable levels.

Haters gun hate.

shit i did not notice i posted LP video of THAT faggot.
he's better than most codexers at these games, especially the ones that complain about certain bosses and defend poorly designed areas.:roll:
most of codexers are not youtube celebrities posting shitty build videos living of likes and subscriptions :roll: first time he fought some decent guy in his op build video he got his shit pushed in.

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
You should teach him how to live without likes. Also how to play Souls.

I suck at PVP and I'm sure he's much better now but here's two quick tips:
1) When someone changes their shield for a parrying dagger it means they're looking to parry. Amazing supergamer knowledge but it's true.
2) Don't use the most parryable attack in the game.

PS: Your support of popular youtubers and using autism as an insult might carry more weight if one of the guys you're pissed with wasn't a sperg who turned Oroboro into a whinging piss-baby.

The knights in iron keep didn't bother me, unlike others here, I like the location, design and the knights were easy to be one shotted with my great club.

Right. See how you didn't have a problem with an area that many people did because of your set up? Well that's true everywhere. The many possible builds in DS2 aren't just for fashion souls. They can be very meaningful. More so than any other in the series.

Maybe that's a bad thing. Perhaps it made it hard to come up with well balanced encounters. I dunno. But when you talk difficulty and design it's tricky cos a lot depends on how the player is set up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
PS: Your support of popular youtubers and using autism as an insult might carry more weight if one of the guys you're pissed with wasn't a sperg who turned Oroboro into a whinging piss-baby.

I'm not pissed with anyone, people fuck with me, I smack them across their mouth, that's how it works on Codex. You should know this, been here long enough (unless you're someone's alt, that's also how it works on Codex).

And your using sperg as an insult might carry more weight if you knew it's a short for Asperger, which is basically autism too. :kingcomrade:

sullynathan

Arcane
most of codexers are not youtube celebrities posting shitty build videos living of likes and subscriptions :roll: first time he fought some decent guy in his op build video he got his shit pushed in.
even at that, most codexers still aren't very good at these games.

Right. See how you didn't have a problem with an area that many people did because of your set up? Well that's true everywhere. The many possible builds in DS2 aren't just for fashion souls. They can be very meaningful. More so than any other in the series.
It's not just my set up, I liked Iron Keep even though codexers here were butthurt that there was a lava area above another area (who cares). Plus it had one of the best and worst boss fights in the game.

Hyperion

Arcane
Plus it had one of the best and worst boss fights in the game.

Smelter Demon is awesome, and gets the love / hate it deserves. But, why does everyone shit on the Old Iron King? I thought it captured the feel of gimmicky, thematic, end-of-world bosses from Demon's Souls pretty well. Hell, it was practically the same fight as the Demon King from 3, but I heard no complaints about that boss...

sullynathan

Arcane
The smelter demon epitomizes the lazyness of souls 2. Poor hit detection, really small area, stationary boss, and few attacks but knocks the player off the platform. BS fight.

Old Demon king is none of these, he's arguably the best oversized boss in the series with the least amount of weaknesses from just sitting under him. He's just not hard enough with co op or at high levels, but has an excessive moveset.

Fuck off Urbanolo

abija

Prophet
The smelter demon epitomizes the lazyness of souls 2. Poor hit detection, really small area, stationary boss, and few attacks but knocks the player off the platform. BS fight.

Old Demon king is none of these, he's arguably the best oversized boss in the series with the least amount of weaknesses from just sitting under him. He's just not hard enough with co op or at high levels, but has an excessive moveset.

Fuck off Urbanolo
Are you THAT confused or did they change the bosses in sotfs?

sullynathan

Arcane
Old Iron king epitomizes the laziness of souls 2. Poor hit detection, really small area, stationary boss, and few attacks but knocks the player off the platform. BS fight.

Fuck off Urbanolo
Are you THAT confused or did they change the bosses in sotfs?
I meant old Iron King, not Smelter Demon.

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
...or you never played the game.

I think it's a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". They may have played once or twice, probably watched a lot of LPs/streams and think they're the dog's bollocks.

...And your using sperg as an insult might carry more weight if you knew it's a short for Asperger, which is basically autism too.

I'm a sperg. There was no insult. You've misread. It was a reference to when Murk took down Oroboro in DS2. Unfortunately the video no longer exists, it was a really good fight imo.

even at that, most codexers still aren't very good at these games... It's not just my set up, I liked Iron Keep even though codexers here were butthurt that there was a lava area above another area (who cares). Plus it had one of the best and worst boss fights in the game.

Where are you getting this idea most codexers are shit at Souls games? And what relevance does it have to anything?

Whether you liked Iron Keep is irrelevant. The context was mobs and gangbangs. The point I made is that it's an area others complain about but because of your set up it was easy/not an issue. I do have problems with some DS2 design choices but the mobs/gangbang meme is down to people just wanting to rush through rather than think about things and adapt.

playing DaS 2 for the first time. got to the first bost, the last giant. that was pretty pathetic

If the only thing that matters to you is the quality of the bosses, then DS2 isn't for you. Either way there's a DS2 thread for this.

sullynathan

Arcane
Where are you getting this idea most codexers are shit at Souls games? And what relevance does it have to anything?

Whether you liked Iron Keep is irrelevant. The context was mobs and gangbangs. The point I made is that it's an area others complain about but because of your set up it was easy/not an issue. I do have problems with some DS2 design choices but the mobs/gangbang meme is down to people just wanting to rush through rather than think about things and adapt.
Lets put it like this then. Iron Keep doesn't have mobs or even gang bangs, almost every enemy is evenly spaced and you can see far enough to know before they come at you. At best, you have singular enemies that will rush you when they notice you're in their area but that's it. It's nothing like Lost Bastille, and that's why its better. At best, you'll have to fight 2 enemies at once, lost bastille, you'd be going against 5 -7.

Also, I've run through Iron keep with different builds and it worked well.

praetor

Arcane
i'd bet most codexers are better than the average yt personality.

i don't think i fought oro, but i did fight peeve about twice back when the DaS1 DLC came out and beat him both times and i'm far from "good". the famous "celebrities" (oro, peeve, jblackmel, pvpskillz, enb...) are average at best. the truly good players are others (like pepperotom and jumilaattori for DaS1/DeS or apkoha, skorbrand or alothas... just to name a few) who don't have famous yt channels but regularly wipe the floor with just about anybody

sullynathan

Arcane
These 2 I can agree with, both of them were badass.
Smelter Demon is one of the best bosses in DS2 & the entire series. Do you know how surprising it was going through the entire DS2 and finally coming across a boss that wasn't a gimmick, had good hit detection, a good moveset that kept you on your toes and wasn't easily beaten by a summon? He deserves to be there with any of the top bosses of the series. The pursuer gets a sympathy vote for being a challenging early boss that wasn't beaten by exploit (dragon rider) or wasn't shit (last giant). Too bad they ruin it by making it pursue you throughout the game.
Sinh is my favorite dragon boss in the souls games, too bad he stays in the air for too long. It's a truly epic boss fight.

i don't think i fought oro, but i did fight peeve about twice back when the DaS1 DLC came out and beat him both times and i'm far from "good". the famous "celebrities" (oro, peeve, jblackmel, pvpskillz, enb...) are average at best. the truly good players are others (like pepperotom and jumilaattori for DaS1/DeS or apkoha, skorbrand or alothas... just to name a few) who don't have famous yt channels but regularly wipe the floor with just about anybody
oroboro is pretty good, I'm impressed by his parry timing even though he relies too much on OP buffs.

Black Angel

Arcane
Do you know how surprising it was going through the entire DS2 and finally coming across a boss that wasn't a gimmick, had good hit detection, a good moveset that kept you on your toes and wasn't easily beaten by a summon? He deserves to be there with any of the top bosses of the series.
Umm.... did we played the same game here, or have they completely revamped the boss for SotFS? I haven't played the SotFS one, but
  1. Bullshit mid-health gimmick (DPS aura)
  2. Good hit detection? lol
  3. Just like with the rest of the enemies in the base game and the DLCs, this boss suffers bullshit animated moveset that ruin the entire feel of the game when compared to its' predecessors and even BB and DS3
Smelter Demon was just like the rest of the bosses in the entire base game of DS2: oversized humanoid enemy.

The pursuer gets a sympathy vote for being a challenging early boss that wasn't beaten by exploit (dragon rider) or wasn't shit (last giant). Too bad they ruin it by making it pursue you throughout the game.
Fair enough, the ballista trick also kind of neat.

Sinh is my favorite dragon boss in the souls games, too bad he stays in the air for too long. It's a truly epic boss fight.
But Sinh's basically a copy of Kalameet. Seriously, there should've been a trick to bring down Sinh permanently like with Kalameet, or at least made it like a trick with bringing down the Brain of Mensis.

sullynathan

Arcane
yeah, but I don't like Kalameet. Admittedly, he was one of the most difficult bosses for me in the series and I don't enjoy fighting him. He does a lot of damage while taking very little, forcing me to play as a full havel, play as a sorcerer or a really long fight.
Sihn took that fight, made a cooler looking dragon with an even larger area while having summons that made the fight more epic. It was like fighting a rainbow dragon.

Smelter demon was a really good fight. Best and most infuriating part of the fight is when you think you've caught him off guard, then he does this area of effect magic or wind attack from his sword.

Murk

Arcane

Oro isn't actually good -- and he uses a lot of cheap tactics, like 20+ gower's rings. On a high level retardo char I fought him and fucked him up (he was high level too.) I broke 5 of his gowers rings using the puzzling stone sword (god I loved that thing pre-nerf.) IMO, he's "above average" but if you spent even a bit of time figuring out movesets and basic predictable strats, he was a cake walk.

One time on low chars he invaded while I was co-oping, he killed my buddy in 1v1 but then I killed him.

One time he did kill me tho, first time he invaded me -- while using a numb havel-turtle + dagger spam (he was using that). I tried to honor fag him but hey, it didn't work out. I honestly think he played ps4 version more than pc cuz he got his ass kicked more on PC (and also, h4x.)

On meta chars he's too predictable/typical. The ballerina spazz fags on twitch were more difficult, if only because they did nothing but spam run attacks with min-maxed range weapons with low recovery frames.

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
Oro isn't actually good -- and he uses a lot of cheap tactics, like 20+ gower's rings. On a high level retardo char I fought him and fucked him up (he was high level too.) I broke 5 of his gowers rings using the puzzling stone sword (god I loved that thing pre-nerf.) IMO, he's "above average" but if you spent even a bit of time figuring out movesets and basic predictable strats, he was a cake walk.

I'm a sperg. There was no insult. You've misread. It was a reference to when Murk took down Oroboro in DS2. Unfortunately the video no longer exists, it was a really good fight imo.
http:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy6iGn1e8tY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom