Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pathfinder Adventures card game

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It looks like they are playing the PC version.... :negative:

Dammit Obsidian! :argh:

Yeah, or they just grabbed emulator:

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Seriously, less complaining, more playing.
How well do these android emulators work? They are a legit way of playing these, with decent controls? Can I use the Store with them?

You just use mouse instead of touching screen - I play a bunch of Android card games on my PC, no difference between them end e.g. PC version of Hearthstone. And yeah the store works in Bluestacks and Andy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It looks like they are playing the PC version.... :negative:

Dammit Obsidian! :argh:

Yeah, or they just grabbed emulator:

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Seriously, less complaining, more playing.
How well do these android emulators work? They are a legit way of playing these, with decent controls? Can I use the Store with them?

You just use mouse instead of touching screen - I play a bunch of Android card games on my PC, no difference between them end e.g. PC version of Hearthstone. And yeah the store works in Bluestacks and Andy.
This really works! I tried to run some games on bluestacks and it works like a charm so far. Thanks Mrowak to bringing this to my attention.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

PC release still planned: https://geekdad.com/2017/05/news-from-paizocon-2017/

Pathfinder Adventures: Obsidian is currently working on a PC and Mac port, expected out “soon.” With new content coming after that featuring Rise of the Goblins where we’ll get to play as… goblins, of course! It will introduce five new scenarios inspired by We Be Goblins and Season of the Goblins, alternative goblin players for the iconics, and new asymmetrical goblin dice. The coming changes will allow you to play your games across platforms.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Paizo also announced another digital card game with Chinese browser and mobile developer 37games.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Thinking about getting the boardgame, but fuck is it expensive, base game 50€, plus all those expansions and character add-ons.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Press release:

Pathfinder Adventures Coming to PC June 15th!

IRVINE, California, May 31st, 2017 –
Obsidian Entertainment, creators of some of the world's favorite role-playing games, announced today that Pathfinder Adventures, is coming to PC and Mac via Steam, GOG, and the Mac App Store on June 15th. Pathfinder Adventures faithfully recreates Paizo and Lone Shark Games' multi-award-winning Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Evolving what is an already award-winning experience, Obsidian has blended their expertise in storytelling and character development with the challenging gameplay of Pathfinder Adventures to create a fantastic addition to any RPG fan's gaming library.

“With Pathfinder Adventures we are bringing the magic of the award-winning tabletop card game to your PC, letting you easily play any time you want,” said Obsidian Entertainment CEO, Feargus Urquhart. “I’ve always loved the way Pathfinder Adventure has brought what I enjoy in tabletop RPGs to card games, and I am very proud of how we have captured the depth of the game, while adding in options to expand upon the experience for both newcomers and lovers of the tabletop game alike.”

About Pathfinder Adventures

Dedicated fans of tabletop role-playing games will feel right at home playing Pathfinder Adventures, where they can develop characters, acquire loot, overcome dastardly villains, and uncover secret mysteries. Pathfinder Adventures gives players the power to play how they want by choosing from thousands of exciting cards to customize their decks. The challenge goes beyond deck building, however, as players need to balance strategy, character growth, chance, and teamwork, to succeed.

About Obsidian Entertainment

Obsidian Entertainment specializes in creating the world's most engrossing interactive role-playing experiences. Founded by veterans of Black Isle Studios, our roots go down to Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Fallout, and Fallout 2, all classics of the role-playing genre.

Obsidian continues its commitment to deliver fans and newcomers alike the most compelling RPGs in the world. Currently, Obsidian's trailblazing teams are hard at work on a host of new projects, including the highly-anticipated PC and Mac release of Pathfinder Adventures and cRPG Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

"A host of new projects," eh?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/65930/app-news-pathfinder-adventures-saga-takes-turn-and

Asmodee Merges with Obsidian and Pathfinder Adventures

It seems like we've been talking about new Pathfinder Adventures news just about every day in preparation for the PC/Mac release on June 15. Something new we just learned today, however, is that the aforementioned release is being done via a partnership between Obsidian Entertainment and Asmodee Digital.

It sounds like Asmodee will be taking over publishing the Steam and mobile releases from that point forward. Not sure about the GoG and Mac App Store versions, but the GoG logo does appear at the end of the new trailer. Neither, however, is mentioned in the press release.

That's all we really know at this point. Will they be tying purchases to our Asmodee logins? Will Pathfinder still use Game Center? Will my children ever love me? It all remains a mystery at this point.

I guess publishing on mobile is harder than Obsidian thought.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Jaesun https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-202-pathfinder-adventures-dev-blog-update-and-pc-news/

Pathfinder Adventures Dev Blog Update and PC news!
Posted by Aarik D, 07 June 2017 · 447 views

sLd0q1Q.jpg

It's been quite some time since I've given an update on Pathfinder Adventures and for that, I am deeply sorry.

In that time, the team has had some changes in both priorities and members. In the end, though, we have continued to work on making Pathfinder Adventures more accessible to existing users and to hopefully expose a new group of gamers to the world of Golarion and the iconic characters that travel within.

Some of you might be saying, "Hey, why did we have to wait so long for a patch?" and, "Why didn't you update us more often?"

We wanted to give the players the best PC experience with Pathfinder Adventures. To keep this from being considered just a mobile port was an enormous amount of work and required us to focus a majority of energy and attention for it to become a reality.

It's not a super awesome answer but it is the truth. I think when I have burned my last bridge and finished writing my book (I was thinking of calling it Production: How The Sausage Is Made And Other Stuff And Things With Lots Of Capital Letters But No Commas) I will be able to explain the twists and turns the last few months have had.

The one constant that remains is the dedication the team has for the project and making awesomeness.

"Flounder, enough! We only want to know two things: What's in patch 1.2.6 and how did you get your cool name?"

Let's get started!

1.2.6 - Features
  • PC & Mac
The interface has been PC-ified. This was no small feat. If we had released a straight port of the mobile version we would have been flambéed. The team added hotkeys, scrollbars, and scroll wheel support that folks will be able to pick up on GoG, Steam, and the Mac Store.

The pricing for the PC/Mac versions will initially differ from the mobile versions because we don't use in-game purchases, rather there is the availability of DLC for some elements, but when you buy the base version of the game you get the entire Rise of the Runelords content.

For reference, the base version of the game will have all the decks and cards that are in the original Rise of the Runelords bundle, plus all the Uncommon and Rare Treasure cards. Two DLC packages will be available; one with all the iconic Alts and some legendary dice and the other with the rare epic and legendary Treasure Cards and some legendary dice.

The Obsidian Edition comes with the base version, the two DLC packages, three promo cards (two of which are Edér and Pallegina from Pillars of Eternity, yeah!), three legendary items, a bunch of runes/charms/gold, and a DLC pack that will be available in the near future.

We plan on keeping future content parity between all platforms so that if there is something that is available on the PC, the Mac, and mobile users will have it at the same time.
  • Account Merging
All platforms can use a single PlayFab account which means that all content and progression can be shared between them.

pa-screenshot-s2-440x434.png

It used to be kind rough if a user spent a lot of time on one platform and when they got another they would have to start from scratch or contact support. It was doubly rough if they actually had a lot of content unlocked on each platform.

We say, no more! One account, all platforms!
  • Updated UI in Character Creation Menu
We also tackled some of the interfaces that we thought were problems including the Party Creation and Character Selection screen.

pa-screenshot-party-1826x1025.png

These changes will be reflected in all platforms and be a more streamlined process that, while functional, wasn't making a very good impression on newer users and tolerated by current players.
  • Stash
In our faithfulness to the original card game we had the exact same valid deck check in the digital version. To expand the content in the digital version we added Treasure Cards (these can be ignored in Story Mode for those that want the exact same card game experience) but unlike most card games, when you open a Treasure Chest you don't actually get a copy of that Treasure Card for immediate use instead you just get the chance to find it in your adventures.

It's kind of a hard concept to grasp unless you are familiar with the system and we have gotten a ton of feedback from the player who weren't. This addition will hopefully make it more gratifying when opening treasure chests and allow some players to hold on to some of those more specialized cards.

Aside from copies of the Treasures Cards going into the ether to be found a copy is sent to the Stash for immediate use.

This also helps alleviate the need for Mule characters that are solely created to store some of the less desirable cards for their current game progression. Plus, it is a bit more intuitive for the digital-verse.

The Stash is set at 10 slots right now and includes an Unclaimed tab. All cards in Unclaimed cannot be used by any characters until they are officially moved to the Stash. You can open up a hundred chests and all the new cards will be waiting to be moved into the Stash.

If you happen to go over your Stash limit you will then meet a happy vendor who will readily give you gold for your unwanted cards.

pa-screenshot-salvage-stash-1900x1022.png

• Charms and Runes
Ever have that roll you really, really needed to win or your permadeath character bites it or you are a turn or two away from kicking Ghlorofaex to the curb? We might just have the charm you are looking for.

Charms are one-time use consumables that have an immediate effect on your current action. They vary from adding a bonus to a check to adding turns to the Blessings deck. They have a gold cost associated with their power so a bonus d4 to a roll might only cost 50 gold but adding to the Blessings would run you 500 gold.

Runes differ from Charms in that they have a time limit associated with them and they almost act like a pseudo scenario power. The Rune of Wealth would double your gold acquisition while the Rune of Shielding would reduce damage by one for four hours.

These will all be available in the Store and during game play for in-game gold only but Runes have to be set up prior to entering the scenario.

pa-screenshot-charms-592x505.png

• Tutorial Updated
You might not think this is a feature as much as just another iteration but the tutorial was a requirement to play the game and a good three-quarters of the people who were forced to play it were never seen playing our game again. No kidding.

This super-RAD version of the tutorial is cut up into five bite-sized scenarios that teach very specific elements of the game in a clear and concise way. You even get special rewards for completing all of them. We don't consider just being able to play the beginning scenario a reward.

Also, now with 100% more skipping. Yes, that's right, if you don't want to play the tutorial or are already familiar with the game, we have a skip button that is just right for you.

Other Stuff

Community requested feature!

pa-screenshot-dice2-405x327.png

Yeah, you see that? Your chance of winning the check. I've confidently failed some 97% chance of success rolls but now I don't confidently go into the roll with a 20% chance glaring at me.

It's a minor feature but it honestly makes your decisions a little more clear and that one additional d4 that Lini can throw in there is actually a huge improvement.

1.1.6.5 - Sorry, that just didn't happen like we planned. It was supposed to do two things for us: Remove quest mode and grant people their rewards for checking it out as well as offer some additional Goblin alts to use all that ph4t cash on.

The Goblins are coming but we will include their availability when we do some content specifically for them. That announcement will be coming soon, I am sure.

Bugs

Lots and lots of them have been fixed. Like a multi-page post that isn't part of this blog type of amount.
We seriously want to make the experience better for the players and invested a lot time to fix issues that were brought up.

I want to thank everyone that was involved with the actual creation of the content I just wrote about as well as you, the reader, for taking the time to read about our upcoming release.

Patch notes will be coming shortly. Those will likely be boring and not nearly as cool as this post or my name.

Dev Q&A on Twitch!

We also have a Dev Q&A tomorrow at 4PM PST on twitch.tv with yours truly! So don't miss it and post your questions here on the forums so we can can answer them on stream!

EPQiTlU.jpg

Oh fiddly-dee, look at the time. Gotta go!

-Flounder

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92734-pathfinder-ambassador-program

Hello, everyone. Brandon here. I wanted to talk about the Pathfinder Ambassador Program.

What is the Pathfinder Ambassador Program?

This program is a thank you to all of the Pathfinder community members that have supported us over the past year. Obsidian would like to show its appreciation for your support by giving you an exclusive upgrade DLC for Pathfinder Adventures on Steam. This DLC will upgrade a base version of the Steam game to an Obsidian Edition - free of charge.

This means you will get:
  • All Epic and Legendary Treasure Cards
  • Legendary Dice Sets
  • All Iconic Alternate Character Equipment Sets
  • Edér, Pallegina, and Obsidian Golem Promotional Cards
  • Exclusive Legendary Cards
  • A Rune and Charms Starter Pack
  • 5000 Gold
  • Future Deck 1 of the Rise of the Goblins
  • Future Poog and Ranzak Goblin Characters
... all for the price of the base Steam game.

We'd also like to offer our Ambassadors a 10% off coupon to help you pick up the base version of the game on Steam.

Who Qualifies for the Program?

If you have spent $24.99 or more on the mobile versions of Pathfinder Adventures before the PC version launches you will qualify for the upgrade DLC and the coupon.

Even if you have not spent $24.99 we would like you to get in on the fun. Anyone who has played the mobile version of the game before the PC version launches the 10% off coupon and access to the Edér, Pallegina, and Obsidian Golem promotional cards. It's our way of saying thank you for supporting us.

How do I Redeem my Rewards?

We are still working on the exact process (and I'll send out instructions once it is all hammered out), but the basic idea is as follows:
  • Link your PlayFab ID and Steam account to your Obsidian.net Account.
  • Go to your Products page to collect your upgrade DLC Steam key and your 10% off coupon code.
  • Download Pathfinder Adventures and stomp some villains.
When Can I Redeem my Rewards?

Soon™. It may not be at Pathfinder Adventures PC launch, but it won't be long afterwards.

We are working on everything right now and once we have more information about it, we will let you know.

That's it for now. Once we get the exact process for reward redemption we will create another post to inform you on how to collect your rewards.

Once again the entire Obsidian team would like to thank you for your support over the past year.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/app/480640/discussions/0/2333276539593888624/

Pathfinder Adventures Release Delay

Hey everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the delay of the release of Pathfinder Adventures. We are working with Asmodee and Steam right now to get the game released to everyone. Hopefully it will be up soon for you guys.

Thank you guys for your patience, we greatly appreacite it and again, we're sorry for the delay.

I guess it's depending on the situation, but in my experience this kind of technical delay takes anywhere between few minutes to a day or two.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's live over here.

Ninja'd

€23 but has a 25% discount, so it's €17.24, right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom