Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosiciel

Novice
9600M GT should support DX10, OpenGL 3.3 and shader model 4.0, so problem must be somewhere else. Have you tried disabling antialiasing, vsync etc.?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
9600M GT should support DX10, OpenGL 3.3 and shader model 4.0, so problem must be somewhere else. Have you tried disabling antialiasing, vsync etc.?

I did it through nvidia panel, same result.
Maybe there is some config file .ini to tweak around? Did not found one in temple+ directory that's for sure.

Kosiciel

Novice
Maybe there is some config file .ini to tweak around? Did not found one in temple+ directory that's for sure.

I have no nvidia card, so I can't check it's drivers. Maybe try installing older ones? Also, you DID unchecked antialiasing in Temple+ Configuration? Maybe turning ON soft shadows would help? Or windowed mode? I would also uninstall Temple Plus, and install it again after restart.
4P8eD9P.png

valcik

Arcane
MotherMachinae I ran into the same error with my 250 GTS, which is basically re-branded 9600 GT with the same G92 GPU architecture and slightly more VRAM. I suspect that lack of DX11 support might be a problem here and haven't figured out any way how to run Temple+, so please let us know if you manage it somehow. THX

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

You need to disable it in the Temple+ configuration utility.

Edit: oh heck, too slow :p

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Did through panel and configuration utility. Still error.
Might try older drivers but that might be for tomorrow.

dangerlinto

Barely Literate
  • Radial menu inventory item will display quantity (charges / number of items in the stack) for potions, scrolls and wands
This change has broken something - namely hotkeying. You can't properly hotkey a wand because that hotkey will only apply for the item with the exact number of charges. I like the concept but hotkeying a wand of identify is a must for avoiding radial menu fatigue.

Pygmy

Novice
Problem with ex-paladin blackguard

I leveled my paladin up to Paladin7 wth 5 ranks of Hide and 28000Xps

Levelled up as Pal7/Blackguard1 now LE

Fell as Paladin (OK) but kept Paladin spell casting (losing all other abilities), gained Blackguard spell-casting but NO other abilities e.g. no smite good or sneak attack

Even more strangely when the party slew the npc adventurers the ex-paladin fell a second time with no mechanistic effect!
Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
  • Radial menu inventory item will display quantity (charges / number of items in the stack) for potions, scrolls and wands
This change has broken something - namely hotkeying. You can't properly hotkey a wand because that hotkey will only apply for the item with the exact number of charges. I like the concept but hotkeying a wand of identify is a must for avoiding radial menu fatigue.
Thanks, fixed for next version.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Fell as Paladin (OK) but kept Paladin spell casting (losing all other abilities),
I was hoping no one would mind :P But fixed for next version.

gained Blackguard spell-casting but NO other abilities e.g. no smite good or sneak attack
Right, I forgot that it would only apply the benefit once you obtained it from Blackguard. Fixed for next version.

Even more strangely when the party slew the npc adventurers the ex-paladin fell a second time with no mechanistic effect!
What does that mean?

Edit: oh, got it, you get a second status indicator. Will fix.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I decided to go with Temporary Annihilation Path (format C and instal Vista again). It runs better, more free space from nowhere (backup data was few GB size vs 50gb), reinstalled DX10/11, some drivers for GPU, installed Java7 for TFE-X that enable Co8 content, Runtime library and some mandatory crap.
Still got error.
Error happen from ntdll.ll and I tried to google that but all I got was programmers mumbo-jumbo that I don't understand or lead to updates from MS page that install but do nothing.

Knightly

Literate
I got a bug that causes CTD. It might be related to Temple + but as I didn't use spell in question earlier that might be an old bug.

Whenever I use spike growth on Juggernaut room of Water Temple, gargoyles flying to the edge causes a game crush. Spell works normal in other places or gargoyles... like that Were-jackal room.
Fixed Temple+ 1.0.68

Also has that flashing white lights around my characters head which couldn't be fixed by Jarroo. I don't even remember which spell caused that. As it effects several characters probably an AoE spell. My usual team ones; Bless, Prayer or Haste doesn't have similar aura so assuming something some enemy used down the road.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I got a bug that causes CTD. It might be related to Temple + but as I didn't use spell in question earlier that might be an old bug.

Whenever I use spike growth on Juggernaut room of Water Temple, gargoyles flying to the edge causes a game crush. Spell works normal in other places or gargoyles... like that Were-jackal room.

Also has that flashing white lights around my characters head which couldn't be fixed by Jarroo. I don't even remember which spell caused that. As it effects several characters probably an AoE spell. My usual team ones; Bless, Prayer or Haste doesn't have similar aura so assuming something some enemy used down the road.
Can you send a savegame for the flashing lights issue?

Spike Growth is notoriously buggy, but I can look into it. Where do you cast it exactly? In the back of the room?

Knightly

Literate
Sure will try to upload a save.

Form east enterance to the room. Across the where Juggernaut orignally stands. It was covering area up to the one of the side rooms corner iirc... not covering the hall leading down. It was only gargoyles tho. Bugbears or Juggernaut moved normaly... hmm they didn't take damage I think. Let me check if I have a save before that fight. So I can send you a screenshot as well.

Endarire

Scholar
Boots of No Speed
I equipped Boots of Speed and used them via the radial menu. They worked. Then, after some time (days in game, seemingly), they stopped working. Even resting for 8+ hours didn't fix this! Equipping newly-crafted Boots of Speed may have fixed the problem.

This may be in the original as well.
Fixed for 1.0.30 (was indeed a vanilla bug, which also caused the uses per day to be resetable when unequipped)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Boots of No Speed
I equipped Boots of Speed and used them via the radial menu. They worked. Then, after some time (days in game, seemingly), they stopped working. Even resting for 8+ hours didn't fix this! Equipping newly-crafted Boots of Speed may have fixed the problem.

This may be in the original as well.
I'll need a savegame to debug something like that, unless it happens 100% of the time. Also, are you sure you rested in a safe area?

Endarire

Scholar
Temple+ When Alt-Tabbed
I run a Windows 7 laptop with a 1920x1080 resolution. My Temple+ runs at a resolution of 1280x1024x32. When I alt-tab out of T+, the area I can access with my mouse is limited to the middle 1280x1024 of my screen and not my normal resolution. Closing T+ fixes this.

Update on Temple+ when Alt-Tabbed
If T+ is out of focus long enough, I ful mouse functionality back. Maybe it's because Win 7 unloaded T+ from memory.

florian1

Novice
When creating a Bard, the Bard gets a free weapon of each type of martial weapon proficiency that it has (short sword, long sword, long bow, short bow, rapier. and some arrows). That's a few hundred gold of weapons to start the game with.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
When creating a Bard, the Bard gets a free weapon of each type of martial weapon proficiency that it has (short sword, long sword, long bow, short bow, rapier. and some arrows). That's a few hundred gold of weapons to start the game with.
Yeah, that came about unintentionally as a result of the externalized class specifications (I forgot that Bards have the "Weapon Proficiency - Bard" feat and just gave them their weapon proficiencies piecemeal, which causes the starting equipment script to give them those weapons). Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Fixed v1.0.41

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Temple+ When Alt-Tabbed
I run a Windows 7 laptop with a 1920x1080 resolution. My Temple+ runs at a resolution of 1280x1024x32. When I alt-tab out of T+, the area I can access with my mouse is limited to the middle 1280x1024 of my screen and not my normal resolution. Closing T+ fixes this.

Update on Temple+ when Alt-Tabbed
If T+ is out of focus long enough, I ful mouse functionality back. Maybe it's because Win 7 unloaded T+ from memory.
Couldn't replicate this. Are you sure about the resolution? Where did the x32 in "1280x1024x32" come from, is that from inside the game? That setting is irrelevant. What did you specify in the configuration utility?

Edit: fixed 1.0.43. Apparently Alt-Tabbing sometimes doesn't undo the CursorClip'ing until you hit some other key.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
At level up, Oohlgrist can take a PALADIN or MONK level even though he's a Barbarian and probably Evil! Huh?

Endarire

Scholar
I am playing with Lax Rules. Didn't realize that would affect Oohl.

Speaking of Oohl, his 3D model and attack animation are the same regardless of what weapons and armor he has equipped. This seems intentional due to time shortages, but feels odd that a troll wielding a longspear would attack the same way as with his claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom