Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yesterday Origins

Is anyone playing this? I've played through the prologue and even though the interface is pretty shitty, the game seems promising and not too retarded. There are proper inventory manipulation puzzles and no handholding so far. Looks pretty decent too... I think the studio who made this also made the Runaway games, which were kind of bad but they came out during those "dark years" of adventure games when almost nothing was coming out.

Worth checking out, at least.

Nicebrain

Educated
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Its worth the money, but there are strong traces of the console adaptation. It is a pretty classical adventure game with good graphics, and that is so rare its almost worth is even if it is half-crap.

Sizzle

Arcane
Played the first one a couple of years ago. It starts out well enough, but soon descends into typical Dan Brown-ish "Ancient (Catholic) Mysteries + Immortality" wank. The puzzles are, for the most part, okay, but the story really drags it down, I could barely finish it.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The first is incredibly bad. I would say, it is the worst Pendullo's game. It isn't even a propper graphic adventure. It's more akin to the interactive movie telltale-style crap, but without "choice&concequences".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom