Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline What are general gaming news outlet that isn't complete shill nowadays?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
codex just cover RPGs, and i play alot of other genres.
it's been hard to get some good gaming news and reviews nowadays.

ign and gamespot is the biggest shill. RPS sometimes shills, the one i think that isn't shill is jim sterling' stuff. but the output is small because it's handled by a small team and jim is in charge of every content. kotaku and polygon is pure turd's shit's crap.

so what else do we got?

sullynathan

Arcane
http://n4g.com/
They just post a bunch of news from different sources.
Tread lightly, this gen there are lots of Sony fanboys in the comments. Last gen I heard there wee lots of Xbox fanboys.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eurogamer seems to be the most trustworthy of the bunch, probably because they're Euro-commies working for a higher cause and not sellout corporate America capitalists.

Neogaf is a craven :shittydog: weeaboo cesspool, but a cesspool so wide and deep that it has congealed diamonds at the bottom. Mostly in the PC performance threads and the sales figure discussions. They also are the twitter surfers and corporate sales/press release nerds who dig up all the actual gaming news that the rest of the gaming websites just repost without crediting, because overworked journalists aren't paid enough to stop and think, only to type.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I really don't browse general gaming news sites anymore.

For retro gaming news I turn to neilsouth and his Indie Retro News site, but beyond that most relevant news tend to end up on the RPG Codex anyways.

Santander02

Arcane
www.p4rgaming.com post: 4832804 said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/

You can tell most Codexers came from that site originally.
neogaf is shit as a forum tho. the mods and people are too sensitive. they can't even take a joke and most of them are peasants crawling in the mud

We need a "missed the joke" button...

As for the question:

http://www.p4rgaming.com :M

To be serious, you're better off browsing different specialized niche sites. I can't really think of a "General Gaming" outlet that isn't crap. I get most of my gaming news from this forum, maybe we could convince DarkUnderlord to turn this place into GamingCodex or something

Last edited:

Ravel myluv

Learned
If you can read French:

"Gamekult" is good for general gaming. Their bitterness is akin to the average codexian, and they take time to test games, discuss strategy, and write in-depth articles that are dangerously close to real journalism. They're pro PC too.

"Nofrag" only treats FPS. It is closer to a blog than a pro website, but that comes with a complete freedom of speech and blatant hatred of most editors. They're anti-consoles to the extreme. Their reviews actually go quite in-depth even for stuff they don't like.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Was about to post Nofrag, yeah. Just to correct the codexer above: they previously only covered first person shooters but have recently decided to cover a wider range of games with the new blood.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
the one i think that isn't shill is jim sterling' stuff. but the output is small because it's handled by a small team and jim is in charge of every content.

???????????? That guy just panders to his viewerbase, which is a bunch of retards who like to hear British people bitch about trivial shit.

Here's the best review of video games that you'll ever get:

You're wasting your time. They're all shit.

Video games are designed for CHILDREN. There's nothing for you if you're over 14 years old.

Not only are you losing money by paying for the damn games but you're losing god knows how many hours playing them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom