Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Sacred scores high at VGL

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred

There's <A href="http://www.videogameslife.com/pages/article/rvw/497.htm">a review</a> of <a href="http://www.sacred-game.com">Sacred</a> over at <A href="http://www.videogameslife.com/">VideoGamesLife</a> where it earns a <b>91%</b>, which is probably a bit too high for the title, but what the hell? Here's a clip of the bad stuff:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Everything in Sacred isn’t perfect, however. There are a striking amount of bugs and problems, ranging from animation glitches to whole sections of text remaining blank. The game habitually crashes on extended sessions, and while patches have been rectifying a lot of problems, the sheer scale of the game means that it could be a while before all the wrinkles get ironed out. There’s some suspect voice acting and ‘quotes’ from characters mid-battle (especially from the Gladiator), but nothing we haven’t come to expect. The ‘combo’ system is disappointingly nowhere near as interesting as it sounds. While the thought of being able to link up to four combat moves and combat runes together at a combo master might sound interesting at first, during the heat of battle it just proves to be a big waste of time. Multiplayer is a let down, too, as even though there’s a co-operative mode for up to 4 players, there’s little else except Player v Player combat and Hack ‘n’ Slash together for up to 16 players. It would have been nice if Ascaron could have done something to give it that bit more of an edge online.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I've only had one crash so far, but when you've played the game for 3+ hours and you lose all that work, it does make you a little testy.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Malak

Liturgist
I've had 2 crashes to date, and both were I believe due to a very rare bug since it was while I was playing a wood elf and killing a goblin shaman both times. Sounds strange, but I can't think the only 2 times I crash are a coincidence.

While the thought of being able to link up to four combat moves and combat runes together at a combo master might sound interesting at first, during the heat of battle it just proves to be a big waste of time.

He's gotta be kidding. I can't live without my combos. I even found a use for those potion's of concetration now. I can walk into a room of a dozen red bad guys and drop them all with one of my combos.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Without combos, you pretty much have to dump lots of points in to concentration-like skills and keep your Combat Arts rather low level. You then have to make up for that with higher powered weapons.

EEVIAC

Erudite
I had a nasty crash that has pretty much ended my game. Hopefully the Mystdale Castle Hotfix will repair it for me. Actually, what am I saying? If I can't play it, then it must be the buggiest game EVER!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's something wonky about learning unarmed, dual wield, and wearing two sets of fighting gloves... The enemies don't like it either, I tap them and they burst into blood sprinklers like a bad anime

That is all :P

Malak

Liturgist
HanoverF said:
There's something wonky about learning unarmed, dual wield, and wearing two sets of fighting gloves... The enemies don't like it either, I tap them and they burst into blood sprinklers like a bad anime

That is all :P

Of course, you can do this with any weapon and the gladiator, not to mention a wood elf with explosive arrow and high chance for critical hit. In fact, my wood elf now does more damage than my gladiator ever did :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom