Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview: Josh Sawyer

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
My part of the next update was submitted quite a while ago :M

Fairfax

Arcane
Just saw that the interview took 150 minutes. Why didn't you guys give it to Roguey? Would've been transcribed in a heartbeat. :M

Fairfax

Arcane
There's no reasonable alternative other than baseless speculation.

They're editing the interview because Sawyer got pissed off and told the Codex to get fucked.

Sawyer spent 83 minutes talking about why he loves D&D 4E. Codex staff doesn't know what to do with it.

The other 67 minutes Sawyer used to trash MCA. Codex staff is clearing it with the lawyers.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The other 67 minutes Sawyer used to trash MCA. Codex staff is clearing it with the lawyers.

Either that or every Codexer brought in to transcribe it dies of a heart attack and overwhelming sadness when they get to the MCA-bashing. :P Damn you, JES! Damn you to hell for all the damage you have wrought!

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
From the people who brought you Hŵrpa Dwrp and the Anus Monster

The interview Obsidian didn't want you to see

Will the world be able to handle so much Joshposting?

Will the Codex acknowledge the new CRPG overlord?

The exclusive preview of 4 hours of unfiltered Josh Sawyer:

Shadenuat

Arcane
You know what, I like Sawyer
He's really nice and his answers at FrogHelm are very intelligent
I hate his design choices, especially for PoE, but maybe he'll get absolved from all sins since he already added hard counters to PoE 3.0
I still feel like he's better than most designers, and at least he'll work on some games unlike MCA who will just continue with same boring interviews or random narrative hackjobs
I just feel more connection to him than MCA who left us and won't be a lead designer anymore. Even my favorite husband Tim Cain does god knows what now

By the way do you know more or less good wine from Chile costs only about 10$

zerosum

Novice
Patron
Sawyer is good for the industry. It is a benefit to have someone whose goal is to elevate the games he works on to something more than mindless entertainment. Adding historical context to games makes them feel more real and meaningful.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
1erirs.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If you ever have doubt on this issue: the Sawyer interview will be finished and handed over to the editors no matter what. Same goes for the final piece of Gamescom coverage, which, yes, will be finished first :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom