Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
It makes sense for builds which relies on overcoming enemy evasion and dodge so probably yes since SMG builds do roll against enemy evasion.
I think you've got that backwards. Doesn't it only decrease guns/throwing/crossbows/melee? So it is good when you have high evasion/dodge.

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yell

Mh seems so. Strange I was sure it reduced their evasion/dodge. Whatever.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I was playing with it for a while now and it seems semi-useful. It definitely raises my defense which is highly needed as i play smg with light armor and therefor have to take alot of damagespikes. The problem is the missrate of the spell, especially against enemies like the faceless who seem to have a higher resistance against it. It has a cooldown of 10 rounds so if enemies resist it its simply a useless feat for the whole combat.

But well, my char is pretty far away from minmax anyways so i guess i will just see how far i get with it.

epeli

Arcane
The chance to resist yell is probably determined by intimidation vs resolve check. IIRC Faceless are level 20 or higher, so they must also have accordingly high resolve.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I have the same portrait as Jack Quicksilver! MAH IMMUERSHUN!!

Made some quick and dirty portraits. Tried to fit the setting but also added some for fun.

link: https://www.mediafire.com/?52c2o0vkwt75392

Preview:
ACjbPnN.png
kmK6x7v.png
nSeM0MY.png
yU31una.png

lDv3GCL.png
2VwnvgC.png
ymPzLgK.png
d60tx3E.png

j6omFVJ.png
uj9TRbr.png
B8QpYPN.png
aFIJj6X.png

Eq0QzCb.png
VUwq8F7.png
OmbuIem.png
43QcJoW.png

Ds7nzLp.png
YUnqONv.png
zaqYVfE.png
c8Ca6rB.png

JQrMkyB.png
that kurt russell portrait.. *sploosh*

Blackmill

Scholar
Guys, how do I craft mm II and III Shock bolts? I have 90 effective electronics, plasma cells, micro electroshock dischargers, which is all the wiki says you need, but I can only craft the basic type.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
For the level you need, you need to fill one of the 3x slots with the dischargers and use an appropriate battery. I.e.
lvl2: 2x 3x dischargers and a fusion cell
lvl3: 3x 3x dischargers and a plasma cell
You must put the dischargers in the extra slots or it will just register it as if you want to craft a lvl1 bolt regardless of the battery you use, which is a waste if you use anything other than the low level batteries.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I am so fucking happy this game turned out as good as it did. The level of work put into it by Styg and his crew, the music, the atmosphere, all of it is fucking amazing.

Blackmill

Scholar
For the level you need, you need to fill one of the 3x slots with the dischargers and use an appropriate battery. I.e.
lvl2: 2x 3x dischargers and a fusion cell
lvl3: 3x 3x dischargers and a plasma cell
You must put the dischargers in the extra slots or it will just register it as if you want to craft a lvl1 bolt regardless of the battery you use, which is a waste if you use anything other than the low level batteries.

That's exactly what I've been trying to do. For whatever reason I can't put the additional dischargers in the extra slots when I choose a Fusion or Plasma cell.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
That's exactly what I've been trying to do. For whatever reason I can't put the additional dischargers in the extra slots when I choose a Fusion or Plasma cell.
Well, you need to create 3 different stacks of dischargers, otherwise they won't count as separate items to put in separate slots. Works the same way when you use garbage to make repair kits.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Now, what is the estimated release date for the expansion? I have been itching for a replay, but i tend to overdo it and i do not want to get burned out before the expansion.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Played this for quite some time before realizing I had made a shit build and was getting torn to pieces by enemies.

Is there a good guide out there? The one I found on steam doesn't seem that detailed.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I should really go back to this and finish it off at some point. I think I got distracted by something shiny whilst I was in some seemingly-endless series of tunnels with maggots and worms or some bullshit, so I wasn't exactly enthralled. Spent hundreds of hours on it up to that point though. Hopefully I don't load the game and find my build got destroyed by the various updates it's had.

Blackmill

Scholar
Played this for quite some time before realizing I had made a shit build and was getting torn to pieces by enemies.

Is there a good guide out there? The one I found on steam doesn't seem that detailed.

What level were you and how far did you get? There's a (probable) chance you were just underleveled or underequiped since every playstyle, except I guess crossbows and knives, will make quick work of any encounter with the right equipment and two or three well-chosen feats. And even crossbows and knives can still get you through the game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Knife/fist builds can be very OP. It all comes down to choosing the right stats/feats/skills and gear.

Lhynn

Arcane
I murdered a god with my fists. That said that asshole styg has been directly or indirectly nerfing my build since release.

Blackmill

Scholar
Yeah, fists are one of the strongest builds, and knives are still good, but I don't think they approach fist weapons or other really powerful builds. The only (important) perk that benefits knives and not fist weapons is Ripper. But Heavyweight does a good job at making up for that. On the other hand, fist weapons benefit exclusively (well, sometimes with hammers) from Lightning Punches, Bonebreaker, Combo, and Pneumatic Hammers.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hitting the level cap before DC makes me sad. As does having to speedhack this game because the walk speed is so slow. I don't understand why that hasn't been fixed, DC with slow walk speed would be actually soul crushing.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I'm in the Protectorate warehouse now for the quest to steal shield emitters for Gorsky, but somehow the guards always detect me regardless of me wearing the stolen guard uniform. Is there any way for a nonstealth character to solve this without shooting the whole place up?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm in the Protectorate warehouse now for the quest to steal shield emitters for Gorsky, but somehow the guards always detect me regardless of me wearing the stolen guard uniform. Is there any way for a nonstealth character to solve this without shooting the whole place up?

You have to put the guy's ID card in one of your utility slots in addition to wearing metal armor, if I recall correctly. I don't think it matters what kind of metal armor you wear.

I've never done it that way because I prefer to just smoke the entire warehouse and take all their stuff, or go through the service entrance and do it the sneaky way (and then smoke the entire warehouse and take their stuff afterward).

Dead Guy

Cipher
IIRC I went in wearing the metal armor through the service route without sneaking, and as long as I didn't get too close to anyone in there they wouldn't notice, but any time anyone got within a few hexes they'd notice and turn hostile. So basically a matter of looking at NPC paths and timing a brisk walk to somewhere you'd be safe for a while, and then on to one of the warehouse doors when a guard had walked away again. Might be misremembering though.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
IIRC I went in wearing the metal armor through the service route without sneaking, and as long as I didn't get too close to anyone in there they wouldn't notice, but any time anyone got within a few hexes they'd notice and turn hostile. So basically a matter of looking at NPC paths and timing a brisk walk to somewhere you'd be safe for a while, and then on to one of the warehouse doors when a guard had walked away again. Might be misremembering though.

It may be that you need the ID card to get in the front door non-sneakily (which is guarded by the greenhorn private, IIRC; being a rookie explains why he wouldn't see through your disguise), but once you're in, you have to keep your distance even with the armor on. The ID card may or may not matter once you're inside.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the ID card is just for the entrance. If you get close to someone, they realize you are a stranger. IIRC it's possible to kill almost all of them without sounding the alarm, but you need stealth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom