Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OMG decline of the Codex!

Lumpy

Arcane
Seriously, why the fuck are dozens of people answering Andhaira's and larpingdude's inane questions? The two retards might make stupid threads, but it's much worse that people actually post in them.
Fact: - Nobody cares what your favourite TV series, loading screen, or colour is. Can we please stop giving those guys so much attention?

TheLostOne

Savant
I don't get why people respond seriously to it every single time.

This shit reminds me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. You know it's Judge Doom knocking, "Shave and a hair cut." You freaks can't keep from shouting, "2 bits."

It's too easy. Look I'll write the next few Andhaira topics here and you guys can just go ahead and masturbate all over it instead of having to track down each one and respond to it.

Why do you think Oblivion sucked?

Is turn based combat a thing of the past?

Do you think Fallout 3 will be good?

Shit just excersise some fucking restraint and realize that your opinions are wasted in those threads.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Lumpy said:
Seriously, why the fuck are dozens of people answering Andhaira's and larpingdude's inane questions? The two retards might make stupid threads, but it's much worse that people actually post in them.
Aren't you that Nerve gas guy?

Lumpy

Arcane
Shagnak said:
Lumpy said:
Aren't you that Nerve gas guy?
Yes. Both threads were deliberately bad. Both got more replies than some serious discussion used to get.
Of course, one-word replies will obviously be greater in number than thoughtful ones.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Then bomb Noober's threads instead of making your own shit threads.
Or stop whining. Shit will always get more attention than serious topics. Don't tell us what to do, show us.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Threads aren't good with the first post, they're good with the first 10 replies.

Some of the threads Andie and his clones started have potential to be good because the starting question isn't that retarded (note, on most of them the starting question is too retarded, but still).

Apropos, as we used to say in Soviet Russia, if you want a better job done, then do it yourself. Ignore and start better threads. Don't whine. Whining is un-Soviet.

Lumpy

Arcane
Thing is, there are only so many good threads that can be made. But from what I remember, back in the days of '05 and '06, you wouldn't have two fucking dozen threads a day. So the good ones, despite getting less replies, would not sink immediately.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ohhh... But I wanted to tell everybody how much I liked clouds. :(

Mayday

Augur
We can talk about it here, DU. Just you and me. I'll put some romantic music on.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Its a long month and a leap year, so you shouldn't be surprised when these kind of things happen.

Gambler

Augur
More like decline of the entire net. Isn't that the overall trend? Less websites with concrete topics and more meta-bullshit where people don't listen to each other and post the same crap over and over again.

Helton

Arcane
Shit it's more like decline of the whole internet. People just post whatever shit comes out of their cumbucket cranium, spewing excrement from their fingers and don't even read the thread. Just ignore eachother and post the same retarded crap over and over again.

Redeye

Arcane
I really liked the Ultima 3 loading screen.

Remember that?

The "Exodus, Ultima III, by Lord British" would materialize incrementally, then you'd get that little animation with the party in the dungeon fighting back and forth with the dragon.
Then the dragon vomits fire all over them and you see bits of their equipment left on the ground.

Then it was like "Journey Onward".

I will always love that loading screen.

Technically it's a splash screen.

Still cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom