Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Would you stop playing RPG games for 1 year if that got you... 1 million dollar?

Yes/No?

• Fuck no, I'd kill myself in less than a month

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dunno, maybe if I was absolutely sure it's not a prank

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Damn straight bro I would

Votes: 52 80.0%

• Total voters

tindrli

Arcane
yes i would since i would be to busy spending all that money..it would be perfect to woke up and see what is new and patched

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Would you stop writing "RPG Games" forever if I gave you a dollar?
you dont want ppl reminding you that your just playing games huh

OWN IT YOU SPINELESS FAGGOT ASS
No, it's because your RAS syndrome is tickling my OCD disorder, so I would be willing to go down to an ATM machine and put my PIN number into the LCD display and get you a dollar

Kahr

As if people here really play their rpg gaming games. Nobody has that much free time on their hand.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Would you stop writing "RPG Games" forever if I gave you a dollar?
you dont want ppl reminding you that your just playing games huh

OWN IT YOU SPINELESS FAGGOT ASS
No, it's because your RAS syndrome is tickling my OCD disorder, so I would be willing to go down to an ATM machine and put my PIN number into the LCD display and get you a dollar
I know it triggers you.

Harbinger's voice: This hurts you.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't need any money to stop playing RPG games for a year (outside of testing it had been over a year since I played one until I tried Dungeon Rats), but I'd take some.

Let's up the $$$ a bit. I don't mean to boast, but I've already got a few times that in net worth, including over half a million sitting in cash in an account (going to reinvest, just haven't found the right opportunity yet).

But for the 'metaphorical' million? I mean, million is just a standin for a 'life-changing amount of money'. Fuck yeah.

The question reminds me of when I was in school - an all boys 'suit jacket and tie' private school, one of those ones where you pay about $10,000 a year for tuition (was on a full scholarship). I was pretty damn quiet about bisexuality at school - a few close friends knew, and that was it. It certainly wasn't 'fashionable' then - it's the kind of thing that could earn you a beating (TBH I feel a bit guilty I didn't speak up then - I was the school swim champion, one of the better rugby players, swimming at that level is a sport where standard training is 5hrs/day, so you're basically guaranteed to look like a jock and cruise through sports on sheer fitness, even if you're an uncoordinated fuck like me).

There was a question going round, one of those stupid questions that school kids get everyone to sign their answer to because they're bored shitless: would you bend over and have gay sex (on the 'receiving' end) for a million dollars - assume plenty of lube so there's no discomfort. Being the coward I was, I said 'no way, fuck off'.

Pretty much everyone who didn't have something to hide, down to the most homophobic guys you could think of rolled the eyes and said 'wtf? Really? What kind of idiot wouldn't do that? What, you're going to turn down a million dollars just in case someone calls you gay?'

Let's not shit around here. If we're talking about the 'metaphorical life-changing million', not the real world million that will only give you a return of $70K/yr or so in your retirement if that's your savings nest egg (ok, that's big for anyone that's not in first worldia, but in a developed country anyone who works even in a semi-decent job, not even a univesity job, just a decent labouring trade, is going to have a net worth of several million just in land value if they buy into the property market in their 20s and work to pay off their mortgage like an average joe), we'd all quit gaming. Fuck, we'd probably quit masturbating while we're at it.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of course. For 1 million dollar I could probably afford all the dlcs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom