Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Considering how many FM authors we have, this is an impressively low ratio of madmen.

Riskbreaker

Anyhow... Insanity of KoI's design aside, I'm still excited for Part 3 if for no other reason, then to wander creepy, pagan-tinged woods made with that level of detail.
He apparently intends to reimagine first two missions too, and to split each in multiple parts. Tho, I don't know if I look forward to results, given that his "improved" version of first mission that was released alongside the second one turned to be even more infuriating than its original incarnation. Man is dead-set on fulfilling his own bizarre vision, gameplay-wise, and doesn't seem to care much for outside suggestions. Is I've said, KoI1's re-release was even more insane than original, and KoI2 was even more infuriating than that, to a point where I dropped it for good after multiple restarts.

In any case, just go see that thread of his at TTLG. Man is insane all right, but I can appreciate that sort of insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

tormund

Arcane
vWeO239p.jpg

:what:

Are his missions really THAT awful though? I watched a part of LP of one of them, and it looked like linear trial & error clusterfuck. It looked great, with environment that could have been ripped from some recent game, but even the guy doing LP (who did LPs for like 99% existing Thief mods on his channel) was going mad...

Dev_Anj

Learned
Hmm. Why did you post that screenshot here? Anything notably amiss about it you found?

To answer your question... sadly yes, yes they are. Just ask anyone here who has had the "pleasure" of going through them.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think all of those shots are great, and Keeper of Infinity also looked great. That's why the poor gameplay is so frustrating. We wouldn't pay it much attention if it looked crap - it'd just get written off as a bad mission. This way, though, it feels like a waste, because Soul Tear is genuinely talented in the art department. His cones are some of the best cones I have seen.

Divinity: Original Sin
I think all of those shots are great, and Keeper of Infinity also looked great. That's why the poor gameplay is so frustrating. We wouldn't pay it much attention if it looked crap - it'd just get written off as a bad mission. This way, though, it feels like a waste, because Soul Tear is genuinely talented in the art department. His cones are some of the best cones I have seen.

They look delicious... but they taste like sour tears...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Considering all the projects he has on his plate, why don't we get him to do Thief 2 Gold while he's at it? :semi-serious:

Dev_Anj

Learned
Thanks and same to you! By the way, 2017 seems like it's going to be a great year for Thief FMs. Between Random Taffer's campaign, Return of the Builder 2, and possibly Black Parade and Rocksbourg 4(finally!), it looks like taffers are in for a treat!

Yandros

Savant
Merry Christmas everyone! Indeed 2017 is looking like a great year. Besides the ones you mentioned, DCE will definitely get released as well after nearly 15 years off and on.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
Love you guys!!
i registered in this great page only for this post and others that i had seen later.
Long life to Rpgcodex.net

Dev_Anj

Learned
FM stats for the year 2016:

T2_FM_Stats.png

First of all, only one release for Thief 1/Gold? Massive decline! :decline:

Besides that though, it was a good year overall, even though the total mission count is the lowest since a long time. The most noteworthy thing about 2016 was that we had a bunch of new authors join, each with their own unique style. Hell, one of them made a new fan favorite too! Hopefully 2017 will get more good missions released. Oh, and please show T1/Gold some more love, mission authors!

Usual disclaimer that this chart doesn't count missions in campaigns, only releases.

Aholf Ditler

Novice
Unlike the useless and corrupt parliamentary democracy, in fan missions, quality is more important than quantity.

In democracy, it's the same as some of them who have twenty terminal idiots voters, if the others has been voted by two capable and decent people, will win the party of the idiots. But with the fan missions we prefer to have a "bathory" or "seven sisters" each year than Fifty "Towers of Jorge "

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

I prefer Towers of Jorge and ice cream cones rather than anything else tbh.
Yu ar a stupid man Max_b5...

I elplain now why you of stupid like haluminium.

lol only fake architecta Skakyyy puts ice crame cone on hisa building

because he not real architecta ne not touch real arckitect.

He then puts cubes in ice crema cone hahahahaa and no put light shaft anywer

you put gelatta in the cone of the ice crema... :D

I told that to my seventh wife francesca

but she stupid womanm, and I break monitor on her heda and tell her she stupid. :D

stupid like stupid man peope of forum where I put art mission

but they all cospirazione agen me, say it plays like dung of a cow animal

and then I tell them they stupida stupida stupida

and their wives, sister and mothers all tell me they stupid people of the hmosexual while I satisfy them when I make my art mission hahaha :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom