Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vast hour and half long Fallout 4 analysis

Jarmaro

Liturgist
To clarify: I didn't mean that F4 is good RPG or even RPG. What I say is that Almost everyone consider it RPG therefore this guy saying "Fallout 4 isn't RPG beceause A and B" has perfectly valid point.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
[/QUOTE]

- it's labelled RPG on steam.
- Fallout wikipedia says it's RPG
- Wikipedia says it's Action RPG
- It's among IGN best 2015 RPGs
- It's among many others websites and magazines best 2015 RPGs
- Most players say F4 is RPG[/QUOTE]

Consoles. You will never find one near me.

Ever.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
To clarify: I didn't mean that F4 is good RPG or even RPG. What I say is that Almost everyone consider it RPG therefore this guy saying "Fallout 4 isn't RPG beceause A and B" has perfectly valid point.

I accept the guy put a lot of effort into the video. Probably spent 100s and 100s of hours playing the game.

I also see he has a channel and writes some books - so good luck to him since he is post child birth.

Bit worrying he bought (I assume) No Man's Sky. I might watch his videos on Darkest Dungeon and Dungeon Keeper.

But if he is gonna go on about inconsistencies and lack of logic in plots I won't be happy!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
In truth it has only been in my Codex era that I really *saw* how New Vegas was superior. I went back and played the game again and this time to completion.

I am not saying his points are not valid, just obvious..

That's the thing, though. His points have to be obvious so that your average FO4 retard can understand what is wrong with the game. They may dismiss those points, they may not like those points, but those points are fact.

Joseph never places realism over gameplay (so the Morte example is moot), he just points out how some design choices in Fallout 4 doesn't make any sense. Case in point, being unable to progress through the main story because you are being railroaded to talk to Nick to find about Kellogg, you are railroaded into believing Shaun is just a baby, and so on and so on.

It is obvious to us Fallout 4 is a terrible RPG and anyone who says it's better than New Vegas clearly isn't discussing it from a roleplaying point of view, but instead of admitting "yeah, I like exploration and shooting at stuff better", they just handwave it all with "IT'S MY OPINION YOU ELITIST REEEEE". Some dude in Reddit even claimed I was an "elitist" just because I said, the moment I knew The Witcher 3 had quest markers, it was overrated. (Apparently being an elitist means you don't want the devs to hold your hand)

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You assholes sicken me, I was hoping this whole thread would devolve into either a discussion of Kung Fury, or nothing but comparisons to Kung Fury.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Kung Furry is so niche we don't know to what we compare it.

Is that the one he falls in love with triceracop, thor is a buff wolf, and the rex fucks the eagle?
No that would be the one in which he uses a snake as an anal plug.
428404650_small.jpg

Cadmus

Arcane
Nothing interesting in the video only I finally learned what F4 was about lololol. There's barely anything to discuss about F4 since it's too shallow and too simple and too retarded.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Same guy just did a 2 and half hour follow up video on Fallout 4 again. Kind of autistic since he's talked about Fallout 4 for a combined total of 4 hours now, that's not even including his video on Fallout 3, but a lot of interesting points and suggestions in the videos, shitting on Bethesda games in general.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I thought abouting making a new thread with it moment ago. Actually, he said that after 300h he likes Fallout 4. He shits on it, but he likes playing it. Not for its story, quests or writting of course.

Epsilon

Cipher
I thought abouting making a new thread with it moment ago. Actually, he said that after 300h he likes Fallout 4. He shits on it, but he likes playing it. Not for its story, quests or writting of course.
You can get used to anything if you do it enough. Then when you stop, you can begin to miss it, even if you disliked doing it to begin with. This is also why some people stay in abusive relationships - after some time they can't imagine a life without the other party despite all the abuse. Then it becomes easy to make excuses, or mentally defend the other party or whatever it is, because maybe the fault also lies with you for not liking it, or not being able to deal with it.

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
You can get used to anything if you do it enough. Then when you stop, you can begin to miss it, even if you disliked doing it to begin with. This is also why some people stay in abusive relationships - after some time they can't imagine a life without the other party despite all the abuse. Then it becomes easy to make excuses, or mentally defend the other party or whatever it is, because maybe the fault also lies with you for not liking it, or not being able to deal with it.
He said that his "liking" is irrational, so you are probably right.

cruelio

Savant
Wonder how many of the people complaining about watching a 1 hour video of why Fallout 4 is shit read the 100,000,000 word front page reviews about why every game made after 2001 is shit unless a developer posts in the forum.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Did you just compared liking a videogame to dealing with an abusive relationship?

Anyhow, I'm surprised he says his liking of Fallout 4 is irrational when he clearly points out why he likes Fallout 4. He likes it for the same reasons as he likes Skyrim: lots of stuff to due, sheer content, instant and simple gratification (exploration->combat->gathering). Admittedly I used to like Skyrim too, but I guess I suffered an accelerated "growing up" moment. Just like playing with Legos is not fun anymore after playing videogames, playing Skyrim is jut not fun anymore after playing Morrowind or New Vegas.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Did you just compared liking a videogame to dealing with an abusive relationship?
I'd rather call it description or human's abbility to adapt, which is very strong.

instant and simple gratification (exploration->combat->gathering)
He said he likes it? Mostly he was describing how the game is made around these 3 things.

I liked skyrim for its open world and looking for new things in dungeons, those dungeons were pretty good made too. But at some point I realized this game is literally Dungeons&Dragons and nothing else.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
He said he likes it? Mostly he was describing how the game is made around these 3 things.

I liked skyrim for its open world and looking for new things in dungeons, those dungeons were pretty good made too. But at some point I realized this game is literally Dungeons&Dragons and nothing else.

He did, there's one point where he talks about exploring Skyrim, entering dungeons, looting stuff, and so on, saying it was his favorite part of the game. Which I'm not surprised, since the whole game is basically a big "kill and loot".

I would like to say Skyrim's dungeons are good, but they are so linear the only reason some of them are memorable is because of how good the graphics are.

Black Angel

Arcane
I think him liking Fallout 4 can be cured by simply playing better games. Just like how Lucas9 was cleansed of his liking Skyrim, or me cleansed of my liking Fallout 3 after playing New Vegas (and in turn, cleansed of my liking of New Vegas (or rather Gamebryo games in general, despite only tried Fallout 3, Skyrim, and New Vegas so far) after playing Fallout 1&2 (and other cRPGs).

Durian Eater

Learned
Same guy just did a 2 and half hour follow up video on Fallout 4 again. Kind of autistic since he's talked about Fallout 4 for a combined total of 4 hours now, that's not even including his video on Fallout 3, but a lot of interesting points and suggestions in the videos, shitting on Bethesda games in general.

Don't see why he needs 2.5 hours to say that F4 has shitty writing and isn't much of an RPG. Dude says he's 30 and played the IE games (although strangely not F1 and 2), so I don't know why this stuff feels like a revelation to him.

Still, the more Bethesda hate longform game content, the better.

pippin

Don't see why he needs 2.5 hours to say that F4 has shitty writing and isn't much of an RPG. Dude says he's 30 and played the IE games (although strangely not F1 and 2), so I don't know why this stuff feels like a revelation to him.

He's the kind of guy who thinks that making a 2 hour video about any subject will make him appear as "cultured" and "intelectual".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Don't need that much time to say the shooting mechanics and itemization were greatly improved but the writing, quests, and story were even more terrible than FO3. If you could get MCA or some ex-Obsidian (because Obsidian sucks now) guys to make a spinoff in the FO4 engine it would be solid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom