Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Intercommunity Game

sum1won

Novice
Hi! I am letting you know, if you weren't aware, that I am putting together an intercommunity game. We will be using the clockworkhounds server, a nice new map being made by Mormacil, Oneage, (and possibly Worthy Heroes 5.5, if you are cool with it). (The other mod proposals have been voted down). There are currently 8 teams signed up, with room for 2 more. I'd like for you guys to field a team. To sign up, you need 3 players (+ a sub, preferably), and to tell me what nation you want banned.

Here is the dom4mods thread: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3202

Teams that have already signed up:
Something Awful
rpgnet
The University of North Florida
TROW (chinese language team)
The Last Fantasy (chinese language team)
domg
dom4mods
clockwork forest

Bans so far:
EA Abysia, EA Atlantis, MA Nazca, MA Ermor, MA Agartha, EA Xibalba, LA RAgha, MA Aspho

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thanks for ignoring my post on the Dom3mods thread, ignoring the mail I gave you, ignoring my Steam account, not even trying to PM me here or to simply ping my name on the OP as I kept up all communications for the past attempt.

Thanks for not getting us in the mod discussion, not getting us in the proper ban sequence, etc.etc.

An excellent job.

Whaaatever, can't expect everything. Or even a minimum. I could be in or a sub, but I'm kind of a mediocre player. Let's see if anyone good from the Kodex is in.

Malakal , still in to lead? We need a leader.

Johannes for the lolz.

Grimwulf is dead, but pinging him for tradition.

Anyone else that's insane enough?

sum1won

Novice
Thanks for ignoring my post on the Dom3mods thread, ignoring the mail I gave you, ignoring my Steam account, not even trying to PM me here or to simply ping my name on the OP as I kept up all communications for the past attempt.

Thanks for not getting us in the mod discussion, not getting us in the proper ban sequence, etc.etc.

An excellent job.

Whaaatever, can't expect everything. Or even a minimum. I could be in or a sub, but I'm kind of a mediocre player. Let's see if anyone good from the Kodex is in.

You never sent me a message, never contacted me on steam, and posted in the wrong thread. I suspect you have me confused with somebody else.

I did not hold a mod discussion. I held a vote, and stated that if more than two teams disagreed with a mod, we would not use it. 3+ teams have disagreed with every mod beyond worthy heroes, rendering further discussion moot.

I did not hold a ban sequence discussion. Ban sequence is in the order you sign up. This is in the OP of that thread. Depending on team preferences, there may be a second round of bans later on.

Last time it was run by somebody who didn't know how to run a game. There is a reason I am doing a restart.

Last edited:

Eadee

Scholar
I just post here to get a update on this. I have to finish some of my games before I start another.

I honestly don't know why I survived some of them so far anyways.

Dayyālu

Arcane
You never sent me a message, never contacted me on steam, and posted in the wrong thread. I suspect you have me confused with somebody else.

Last time it was run by somebody who didn't know how to run a game. There is a reason I am doing a restart.

You even failed to put a link on the previous thread for your new game (like, someone was checking that one and not the whole forum for news), and your "skill at running games" sucks.

I'm out. I'm sorry for the Codex, as I wasted quite some time to keep up for the previous attempt, but I'm not wasting time with sanctimonious and disorganized assholes on the Internets.

EDIT: Furthermore, I'm rather curious how you "kept messaging people" as you claim on Dom3mods as you did not drop a PM for me nor here, nor there, not even after I posted on the original thread. I guess it was like, difficult.

Again,whatever. I'm out.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So we need 1-2 more if sqeecoo wants in, maybe Dayyālu could still play(but not do any planning).

If you guys want, I can get on that forum. Disappointed we can't use our Princess Fairytale starting maps that took hours minutes to find.

sum1won

Novice
So we need 1-2 more if sqeecoo wants in, maybe Dayyālu could still play(but not do any planning).

If you guys want, I can get on that forum. Disappointed we can't use our Princess Fairytale starting maps that took hours minutes to find.
Ok. Once you have three, send me your ban. Hell, send it to me if you think you can get three. I sent a steam invite to somebody I assume is you to make it easier to contact while I am on mobile.

Sorry for not doing the pasteover map. That made things unnecessarily complicated.

Even if this gets started it will never finish
Waiting on you guys and one other group atm, and we'll be operating with limited extensions. There are potential sub teams, but I'd rather ... not.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Ok. Once you have three, send me your ban. Hell, send it to me if you think you can get three. I sent a steam invite to somebody I assume is you to make it easier to contact while I am on mobile.

Sorry for not doing the pasteover map. That made things unnecessarily complicated.

Even if this gets started it will never finish
Waiting on you guys and one other group atm, and we'll be operating with limited extensions. There are potential sub teams, but I'd rather ... not.

Just fyi, I am Koolhan on Steam, with a picture of Beethoven.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I sent a steam invite to somebody I assume is you to make it easier to contact while I am on mobile.

Your efficiency in getting Steam contacts for your mobile is commendable. Maybe chewing you out managed to improve your top-tier organizational skills.

Thanks KoolNoodles and profreshinal for getting in, I'll cheer for Team Codexia.

Sure you don't want to dip your foot into the murky pond? How about as a sub? :smug:

mondblut

Arcane
Since there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest, and the B Team is already lined up, I don't have any objections.

B-but fair Codexia should be represented by the very best of the best, the cream of the crop. Losing to the likes of SA is unthinkable. Our honor (and our other honor) should be preserved at all cost!

sum1won

Novice
Ok, so I have ten other teams, and still haven't gotten one from you guys. As I told koolnoodles in a steam message (since moderator approval has taken anywhere from 2-30 hours), I'll be starting the process soon either way.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
As long as we get an AAR I'll be happy.

If it starts, I'll try to post some stuff as the game goes on. Probably not many will thread snipe and I don't really care anyways. As for fair codexia losing blah blah. Codex is shit, we all know this. Losing is the only way. :whiteknight:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I miss Grimwulf and Lizzurd :( KN is a good player, but with us two noobs at his side I predict a dismal failure for fair Codexia. I'm happy to give my place to someone better and be the sub or something!

Dayyālu

Arcane
As sum1won has regrettably failed to inform the Codex at large of the fact that he has given our slot to another team despite we getting three players, I'm wondering if I should join in simply out of spite to see how he manages 11 teams for a 10-players map.

But I won't.

Thanks again sum1won , I hope this will teach you to PM people when they ask you to do so. Congrats.

Top-tier organizational skills. I wish the worst luck for your game, and it's a thing I don't do lightly.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm definitely for joining out of spite! Wtf man!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom