Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Leech effects in the Shadow area of the tree now leech from all attack damage, not just physical attack damage.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As far as I know traps fire in random direction when they expire
I can help with that one, sadly from memory as I couldnt google dev post explanation within 1min.

If you have trap that fire on expiry, it will be in random direction with distance 0. Its same for saboteur each trap, beyond first that was triggered.
Best example I guess: if you have trap with freeze pulse + gmp, it will fire in random direction with wide arc(like if you targeted your feet).

Meaning that for some skills increasing trigger radius might have advantage over sunblast or saboteur. I have tested it in current build, its doable to have large enough trigger radius to fire whole cluster on single target(and its what I plan to do in next league).
If you increase your trigger radius, skill targeting distance follows. I think its worth mentioning as this way all traps will affect single enemy, while auto trigger farthest away trap in cluster might miss it if skill aoe is not large enough/boss moves fast.
Also you can grab inc duration from tree which is fine for saboteur but terrible idea if you rely on sunblast
My last trapper was a CI assassin that did Vortex converted to fire. I tried with sunblast and 2 cheap construction first and it was kind of OK but then I tried 2 jewels that increase trigger radius by 30% (and give bonus damage) and it worked even better that way. I used same two jewel slots, I could stack traps if I wanted, I even got bonus damage from those same jewels and I could use a better belt instead of sunblast.

Last edited:

Drew

Savant
HAHAAHHAHAHAH
RIP everyone in HC going CI builds :D
not even close
ci still gives you a huge pool and if you're ci it's easy enough to get vp
so now only oneshots kiil you
so some volatiles, boss abilities, and dd on the same bodies as volatiles that scare you
which is why every rip video since 2.0 has been either huge fuck up by the player, or boss dd, beefy volatile, or them getting hit by a boss ability

ArchAngel

Arcane
HAHAAHHAHAHAH
RIP everyone in HC going CI builds :D
not even close
ci still gives you a huge pool and if you're ci it's easy enough to get vp
so now only oneshots kiil you
so some volatiles, boss abilities, and dd on the same bodies as volatiles that scare you
which is why every rip video since 2.0 has been either huge fuck up by the player, or boss dd, beefy volatile, or them getting hit by a boss ability
Not all builds have VP. I seen people play on HC and depend on Vaal Discipline to survive some fights.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
My lightning trapper had two vaal discipline but I rarely remembered to use those. But then again I didn't take damage that much.

Drew

Savant
what's still around that clears entire screens while you're charging to the next area that can't be reflected?
lightning trapper? I mean yeah there's ed but ed is going ci because of where it is in the tree anyway, maybe a fb/firestorm totem but that's already significantly slower
chaos conversion has been dead for a while
I don't think you understand how slow most of the builds that fit those criteria are, or that they're gimmicky things for killing izaro/atziri and don't touch most content anyway
Either that or you want to argue for giggles
Everyone will still be going ci vp screenclearing builds so they can eat volatiles and reflect ezpz while killing everything in a half mile radius
nerfing vdisc doesn't hurt that much since you already had a larger pool, oh no now my oh shit button doesn't also give me extra hp to go with my already larger hp pool

ArchAngel

Arcane
whats so shitty about lack of VP?
if you're not oneshotting yourself to reflect mobs without it your build isn't doing enough damage
Lol you are such a noob. Is this really your final answer?! You do know that reflect damage is applied before leech? So if you are doing that amount of damage, no amount of leech or VP is going to help you.

Jason Liang

Arcane
There's just not enough reason to do hc and my gaming setup isn't optimal. I'm playing on a 6 year old laptop. And I rarely do trading so even less reason to play hc.

My breach witch ripped last night to fucking Spinesnap. As soon as I spotted him, my laptop froze up and 5 seconds later I was dead. It turns out that Adobe Acrobat tried to update at that moment.

I was pissed but what do I care breach league is over anyway. So I realized I'm over hc.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I was thinking of quitting the whole game, but I probably won't do it yet. I just read the development manifesto and it says they want more powerful builds. As if there aren't shitloads of op builds already.

T. Reich

Arcane
That isn't nearly enough, CI will still dominate.

I was going to make elementalist lightning trapper converting all my damage to fire but they are going to change conversion numbers so now I don't know anymore. Is there a skill I could use with trap support to offscreen mobs? As far as I know traps fire in random direction when they expire (sunblast + 2cheap constructs). Lightning trap fires projectiles in a nova with good range so that's why I like it.

I was also thinking of trying EK poison traps with the new threshold jewel which makes it fire in a nova but I don't think I can get enough projectile speed to make it playable skill.

There's an interesting ele trapper spec that uses Sire of Shards staff (socketed projectile skills get +4 projectiles, projectile skills fire in a nova) with magma orb/ball lightning to achieve significant aoe coverage. Given MO/BL's respectable default travel distance, it's entirely possible to throw a cluster of traps at the edge of the screen, and then it blows up (sunblast + 2x cheaper construction OR 2-3x hair trigger), and the skill clears mobs at least another 1/2 screen away. Doesn't work nearly as well in non-open layouts, but it seems solid otherwise.

T. Reich

Arcane
Today was like a fucking christmas for me, only earlier and MUCH better!

During the last 2 weeks, I spent approx 100 ex in BSC on gear for my Std chars.
Today the leagues merged, and I got my shiny new toys.
And it was majestic! Equipping all that new cool strong gear and 21/20 gems and 4-mod jewels, and then cracking open some t14+ maps for quick tests, and not a single build failed my initial expectations.
And I still have 3 more days of fun like that til the new league starts.
:positive:

ArchAngel

Arcane

And it was majestic! Equipping all that new cool strong gear and 21/20 gems and 4-mod jewels, and then cracking open some t14+ maps for quick tests, and not a single build failed my initial expectations.
What prevented you to equip all that on your breach characters?!

Perkel

Arcane
Holy shit looks like GGG will deal with AoE in 2.6.

I can't hug GGG enough. Since just before 2.0 it was path of AoE and almost all malee skills were inferior. Since then it got to point where everything was dominated by AoE.

interview with chris:

http://www.mmorpg.com/path-of-exile...ce-its-all-about-expanding-choices-1000011579

edit:

I also upgraded my net.

Now i have 4ms ping toward speedtest server and 29ms for frankfurt server. Which means that with 39ms lag total when i play game i can finally play in lockstep without issues. I had to buy even shielded cable to reduce all wifi garbage signal in my room. With that i also reduced spikes in lag so i have perfectly stable 39ms all times.

I run now summoner with 11 skeletons, 8 zombies, 3 golems, 2 spirits and i mostly see random spikes to 46-50ms once in while regardless what is going on on screen.

Finally i can play HC without issues.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Zdzisiu

Arcane

What prevented you to equip all that on your breach characters?!
Maybe the fact that he didn't have a dozen of 90+ builds that could make use of those items, and on standard he does.

Perkel

Arcane
Uh, take a look at the details of that AOE change here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838713

They buffed initial ranges but you won't be able to increase them a lot anymore like before. Previously AoE rose dramatically with every % of AoE upgrade. Now it won't scale a lot.

Which means:

- A lot less range on skills, less kill screen type of skills
- A LOT LESS damage since you can't target anymore huge amount of monsters
- harder. Since you can't target every monster on screen like before it means monsters will be able to get near you and you will have to use more movement.

Naturally all of this is just theory. How it will be resolved it is something that we need to wait and see. 2.6 is only initial patch for great changes but 3.0 by GGG themselves will have the most changes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Holy shit looks like GGG will deal with AoE in 2.6.

I can't hug GGG enough. Since just before 2.0 it was path of AoE and almost all malee skills were inferior. Since then it got to point where everything was dominated by AoE.

interview with chris:

http://www.mmorpg.com/path-of-exile...ce-its-all-about-expanding-choices-1000011579
Uh, take a look at the details of that AOE change here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838713
So a shit skill Reave was nerfed lol. I found it irritating to play with that one before, now I can forever forget about it.

But these changes favor my BF life Berserker as I had almost no AoE passives and didn't use Inc AoE support :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom