Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Bethesda's worst rpg

What's Bethesda's worst game?

• The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Fallout 3

Votes: 44 19.6%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • None, they're all perfect

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • All of them are shit (kingcomrade)

Votes: 54 24.1%

• Total voters

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Voted FO3 because that was the one I was most disappointed with when it came out. Never played FO4 though.

Drew

Savant
FO3/4 currently, take your pick.

Skyrim in the next 5 years since people will remember it fondly and try to emulate/recreate it.

rado907

Savant
Fallout 3 was just bad. Played like a lame shooter. No redeeming qualities that I can remember.

Morrowind was fantastic and Skyrim was very decent. Oblivion left a lot to be desired but I've seen worse. Fallout IV was an OK post-apocalyptic theme-park... experience... but a mediocre Fallout.

Never played the old ones or the MMORPG...

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything up to Oblivion is atleast good or decent.

Oblivion is one of the worst games ever made that no amount of mods can make it playable.
2/10

Fallout 3 is horrible piece of shit that raped my favorite franchise, but its still better then Oblivion, which is not saying much.
3/10

Vanilla Skyrim is a banal shit boring game thats even more dumb down then previous two games. But decent world design atleast provided a solid ground for modders to make something worthwhile from it, and with right mods game is actually fun.
5/10

Fallout 4, despite success of New Vegas and some progress showed in Skyrim it still manages to be the most dumb down game yet, which is an accomplishment in itself. Still game does offer some small upgrades over Fallout 3, like better shooting and better enemy behavior, also good dungeon design. Which manages to push it slightly above Fallout 3.
3.5/10

Last edited:

A horse of course

Difficult to choose between Oblivion and Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was probably worse but you can make it a reasonably decent LARPing experience with only a few mods to make combat more action-oriented, emphasize survival elements etc.

Hellion

Arcane
Definitely Oblivion.

Mainly because it is an insult to human intelligence as a game, but also partially because the decline between Daggerfall-Morrowind and Oblivion is much huger and more obvious than the decline between Oblivion and everything they released after that. When Oblivion came out I was surprised that the company that had brought us Daggerfall and Morrowind could release this piece of shit, but after Oblivion I am always just "yup, typical Bethesda crap, no surprises there".

turul

Augur
I voted (along with 5 others), that "all of them are perfect".
I would say FO4 was a little boring, because it was like playing the same game the 3rd time.
Not that I haven't done playing a game 3 times, but I didn't have to pay $50.00 each time I restarted.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Fallout 4, despite success of New Vegas and some progress showed in Skyrim it still manages to be the most dumb down game yet, which is an accomplishment in itself. Still game does offer some small upgrades over Fallout 3, like better shooting and better enemy behavior, also good dungeon design. Which manages to push it slightly above Fallout 3.

Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3? Everything I have read poinst in the direction of Fallout 4 = massive decline. What are you on?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oblivion by far. How something with such aggressive level scaling and repetitive Oblivion Gates ever got through testing is beyond me.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oblivion quite obviously. It was shit beyond comprehension, and feeling of wasted opportunity was only strengthened by the fact that Cyrodiil is by far the best province to make a masterpiece of all time in.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3? Everything I have read poinst in the direction of Fallout 4 = massive decline. What are you on?

Fallout 4 is slightly better then Fallout 3 as I said, what part of the explanation I wrote confuses you?

Don Peste

Arcane
Without having played Fallout 4, I have to vote for Oblivion. It was so bad.

Oblivion by far. How something with such aggressive level scaling and repetitive Oblivion Gates ever got through testing is beyond me.

Oblivion quite obviously. It was shit beyond comprehension, and feeling of wasted opportunity was only strengthened by the fact that Cyrodiil is by far the best province to make a masterpiece of all time in.
Isn't the Thieves Guild questline supposed to be good? What did Fallout 3 have in comparison?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Without having played Fallout 4, I have to vote for Oblivion. It was so bad.

Isn't the Thieves Guild questline supposed to be good? What did Fallout 3 have in comparison?
The Thieves Guild and the dark Brotherhood had some decent quests.
I'm playing Shivering Isles now, and I have to say it is a lot better than the base game.

Hellion

Arcane
The Thieves' Guild "super-glorious heist" final mission could easily have been achieved by casting a simple levitation spell at its beginning, and I'm pretty sure that this is one of the reasons they removed Levitation from the game altogether. Plus at the end they give you a super-hood that pretty much allowed you to steal anything in the game with no repercussions whatsoever, as if this game somehow needed even LESS repercussions.

But yeah other than that it is pretty decent compared to some of the other abhorrent stuff in the game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sorry, I meant Dark Brotherhood, not Thieves Guild.

You say good I say "only quest designer who understood the Radiant AI system and made use of it", which just portrays how little effort went into other quests. It does not redeem the game as a whole.

ortucis

Prophet
All of them.

Retarded generic-fest Elder Droll's series is worse than watching paint dry while getting shat on by a male prostitute.

Xzar

Augur
Only played Oblivion, F3 and Skyrim. Out of those - Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom